Round 4 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys. thanks for the threads and pearls of wisdom over the past few months - has been a massive help for a relative rookie to SC.

i haven't made any changes this week ...yet.

Gibbs, Godd, Hepp, Goodes, Hartlett, Pittard (Stevenson & Terlich)
Pendles, Ablett, J Selwood, Moloney, Murphy, Wines, Viney, O'Meara (Kommer* & Varcoe*)
McEvoy, Leuy (Blicavs, Naismith)
Cox, Bartel, Kennedy, Franklin, Dwyer, Neade (Macaffer & Rowe)

$180,000 leftover and sitting just a few from the top 1000 so i'm travelling pretty well.

the two asterisked aren't playing for a couple at least and kommer isn't guaranteed games upon return.
i'll see how mayes goes again before bringing him in for that dpp replacement.

a main issue was my last minute finalisation of the team that left me, stupidly, with not ruck/fwd DPP but unless injuries strike, i don't have to worry til the bye rounds and will have to spend a couple of trades.

but for now, i'm keen on JPK but I hear/read sideways trades are generally frowned upon and rarely make a huge difference. I chose Murph over JPK at the start and their prices are now gapping to a point where i need to make a decision either way.

if you've made it this far through my speil, could you advise.
flip a coin? grow a pair and do it? give the new skip a few more weeks?

cheers guys

Sorry already have Leuy with Blicavs and Rowe

And Cox in Fwds. Thought about pushing Cox in Rucks and trading Kreuzer to Buddy but I reckon Cox in fwds in a bonus this year.

B: Godd, Gibbs, Duff, Goodes, Pittard, Stevenson (Brown, terlich)
M:Ablett, Swan, Pendles, JPK, Fyfe, Wines, OMeara, Viney (Hill, MITCHELL)
R:Leuy, KREUZER (Blicavs, Rowe)
F: Cox, Bartel, Kennedy, Rocky, Dwyer, KARNY (MCaffer, Neade)
$359K

And Cox in Fwds. Thought about pushing Cox in Rucks and trading Kreuzer to Buddy but I reckon Cox in fwds in a bonus this year.

B: Godd, Gibbs, Duff, Goodes, Pittard, Stevenson (Brown, terlich)
M:Ablett, Swan, Pendles, JPK, Fyfe, Wines, OMeara, Viney (Hill, MITCHELL)
R:Leuy, KREUZER (Blicavs, Rowe)
F: Cox, Bartel, Kennedy, Rocky, Dwyer, KARNY (MCaffer, Neade)
$359K
Probably keep Cox as fwd with MPP IMO.

Go Kreuzer > Goldy or whoever you think then probably Karny > Martin or someone around there?

Probably keep Cox as fwd with MPP IMO.

Go Kreuzer > Goldy or whoever you think then probably Karny > Martin or someone around there?
Or for this week you could just upgrade Karny > Martin and get in Crouch for Mitchell to gain the price increase and play Rowe (if willing to).

Then next week trade Kreuzer to whichever ruckman you think.

Got a dilemma now with Docherty playing.

My two trades this week were going to be:
Docherty>Hutchins or Terlich
Witts>Rowe (DPP link with Cox)

Witts to Rowe means I have everyone playing and no VC loophole.
Sticking with Docherty means I miss out on two weeks of price rises and save a trade.

What to do, what to do? Keep Docherty now, or take the cash now? Possibly trade Blicavs to Rowe instead, take some cash and use Witts/JPK for the VC loophole?

I have both Kommer and Kane Mitchell on my MID bench, should I trade one of them for Brad Crouch?

I have both Kommer and Kane Mitchell on my MID bench, should I trade one of them for Brad Crouch?
I would, in fact i did, Mitchell is now on the rookie list and Crouch is on the bubble for a price rise next week, make him an emergency

Both available. Barlow $528k, Hannebery $471k

at the price hanners is gold - especially seeing as K.Jack has been used as a run with role this season, JPK is on fire and ROK has also been closely checked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pearce ====> Hanley

OR

Vlastuin ====> Hutchins + $$$$

Already used trade one on Mitchell ====> Crouch.

Thoughts?

Pendles, Ablett, J Selwood, Moloney, Murphy, Wines, Viney, O'Meara (Kommer* & Varcoe*)

I'd go Varcoe to Crouch this week
And maybe next week: Kommer out, Blicavs mids, Rowe to Ruck, Mayes in forward?
Wait two more weeks and upgrade Jäger or Viney to Dangerfield..

hey guys. thanks for the threads and pearls of wisdom over the past few months - has been a massive help for a relative rookie to SC.

$180,000 leftover and sitting just a few from the top 1000 so i'm travelling pretty well.

the two asterisked aren't playing for a couple at least and kommer isn't guaranteed games upon return.

a main issue was my last minute finalisation of the team that left me, stupidly, with not ruck/fwd DPP but unless injuries strike, i don't have to worry til the bye rounds and will have to spend a couple of trades.

but for now, i'm keen on JPK but I hear/read sideways trades are generally frowned upon and rarely make a huge difference. I chose Murph over JPK at the start and their prices are now gapping to a point where i need to make a decision either way.

cheers guys

Varcoe > Crouch
Kommer > Hodge

If you have enough money...

hey guys
made a blunder picking pavlich at the start (dont ask - i dont know...)

anyway, am thinking the following:
Kommer -> Crouch

Pavlich -> ????

have about $596000 to play with

appreciate any help to get me a league win!
Who do you have in FWDS?

cheers guys

for what its worth I'd trade Varcoe out for JJK if you can afford it - move Neade to mids as bench cover/cash moooing and bring JJK into your fwds - team looks great tho!

JPK's price isnt going to move massively so be patient - get blokes who will gain you massive cash now so the move to a premo costs you less

Wouldn't go Fyfe for 50k more? Or Martin for a bit more? Not sure Hennebery will be consistent enough

I'd go hannaberry but can see massive upside in Fyfe as per Gingy previous points, his upside is strong. Martin has burnt plenty previously.

my theory is based on how strong and consistent the swans are

currently have:
Cox, Chapman, Rockliff, Pavlich, Dwyer, Neade, (Macaffer, Varcoe)

so obviously need to put a bit of time into fixing it up!

Varcoe to Mayes, Pav to buddy

will probably do Varcoe to Mayes next week.

Only looking to make one trade in the forwards this week, as have (or am keen to go) Kommer -> Crouch

your rationale being? purely for my curiosity

Mayes has only played one game so no rush to get him.

He will earn the cash rise from Kommer > Crouch as Crouch is playing his 3rd game.

strangely was asking keithrichards his rationale unless your making the same trades - i dont think Crouch's JS is that good, just my opinion tho as i fully understand the bubble concept and the rush to cash in on them is something that is being vastly over-estimated in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back