Round 4 v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting game so far. Thought we dominated that 2nd quarter but we didn't convert our pressure on the scoreboard. Not surprisingly we're missing Riewoldt and Kosi up forward. Goddard has been good up forward but Fisher has struggled.
I hate to say I told you so but we should have brought in Stanley to play CHF with Fisher in the backline. Fisher just isn't a natural forward and is wasted there, would be much better staying down back.

Raph hasn't been too bad but I think we would have been better off bringing in Stanley to give us a tall, marking target up forward.

Our pressure has still been very good and if we can keep that up in the 2nd half we should win. Need to take our opportunities up forward though.

Dal Santo has been a star btw, hopefully he keeps it going in the 2nd half.:thumbsu:

Always thought this game would be hard but Freo are a real surprise packet this year. This game could go either way. Come on Sainters, lift the intensity and crush them.

And seriously could people stop coming in and clogging up the thread by asking for illegal streams. It's very annoying and against site rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Impressive game by Freo, when they move it on they're up there this year it would appear, might be a dawning on some of the players similar to us when Ross first came to the club, first year jitters, 2nd year some impress and then third year you really arrive as a club that isn't there just for shock and awe at how much you've improved?

Either way, good luck for the rest of the season.

I must say though, for the Saints, I'm loving Goddard as a forward, some brilliant work from him as per usual and if you don't have a man crush yet I suggest you get one on the bloke pretty damned quickly. :p

Well we got there in the end, although we made it difficult for ourselves by wasting opportunities in front of goal. Got to give credit to Freo though they kept fighting until the end and made us earn it. If they don't play finals I'd be very surprised, they'll beat a lot of teams playing like that.

Good move switching Fisher into the backline in the 2nd half, really helped shut down Freo's attack. Still think we should have gone with Stanley ahead of Raph, who didn't contribute a whole lot. Kosi back next week should help up forward though.

Goddard and Milney were brilliant in attack, really stood up when we needed them. Our midfield was great too, Dal Santo led the way and Hayes, Armitage, Jones, Montagna and Gram got better as the game went on. Our defence was rock solid as always and strangled Freo in the 2nd half.

Another really gutsy win, just good, hard tough Saints footy. We may not do it as easy without Riewoldt but if we keep playing like that we won't get beaten very often.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 4 v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back