Round 4 Vs Melbourne - Selector's Table

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit surprised that Jones isn't on everyone's list to be dropped. The bloke runs around like a headless chook in the forward line and has no idea when it comes to reading the play. Then you have the little fact that he is struggling to kick the ball straight which is vitally important if he is to be a key forward.

The biggest change we need to make though is to our game plan. It seems obvious that the players have been instructed to handball as a first option and use the corridor at every opportunity. Not to mention it seems as though our "structure" (if you believe we actually play with any structure) involves playing all 18 men in one half of the ground so that when we actually counter attack we don't have anyone to kick to in our forward fifty.

It's gonna be a long year if they persist with such a poor style of play.

I'm a bit surprised that Jones isn't on everyone's list to be dropped. The bloke runs around like a headless chook in the forward line and has no idea when it comes to reading the play. Then you have the little fact that he is struggling to kick the ball straight which is vitally important if he is to be a key forward.

Harsh on Jones. He's only 21, and has been dealing with 2 or 3 opponents in every game so far. No way in hell does he deserved to be dropped.
He, more than anyone, needs experience.

You must have been at a different game, Higgins fumbled, got caught, kicked poorly and simply turns up for his pay. And I did correct my spelling error

In: Panos, Hill, Campbell, Johanissen, Sherman, Veszpremi, Dickson, Wallis, Austin, Pearce

Out: Lake, Hargrave, Roughead, Smith, Addison, Markovic, Wood, Cordy, Roughead, Liberatore
Not sure if serious :confused:

In: Panos, Hill, Campbell, Johanissen, Sherman, Veszpremi, Dickson, Wallis, Austin, Pearce

Out: Lake, Hargrave, Roughead, Smith, Addison, Markovic, Wood, Cordy, Roughead, Liberatore
You have two problems here.

1. We only have one LTI at the moment and you named three rookies.
2. You named half of a team to come in.

I can see a lot more problems than that but I'll get carded for announcing them.

Seriously, you've had a day to sleep on it...such idiotic calls shouldn't be occurring now.
I also forgot to point out;

1) Markovic had a pretty decent game and did well against Riewoldt.

2) Addison had a reasonable game and was far from our worst.

3) Our entire defense outside of Murphy is being replaced by a group with 50 games experience between them.

4) We somehow have to drop Roughead twice.

5) That was Libbas only bad game that I've seen him play and he had a lot of company in that regard.

Tell me if I missed out on anything in a way that won't be something cardable besides the fact that his post was pretty much dumb as hell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also forgot to point out;

1) Markovic had a pretty decent game and did well against Riewoldt.

2) Addison had a reasonable game and was far from our worst.

3) Our entire defense outside of Murphy is being replaced by a group with 50 games experience between them.

4) We somehow have to drop Roughead twice.

5) That was Libbas only bad game that I've seen him play and he had a lot of company in that regard.

Tell me if I missed out on anything in a way that won't be something cardable besides the fact that his post was pretty much dumb as hell.

I wasnt srs but since you gave a srs response:

1) Markovic was terrible, comprehensively beaten by Riewoldt, people will say Riewoldt is a gun that should have kicked 4+ but his form last year and this year have not been good, and his output this game was above his recent standard, took like what 5-6 contested marks?. Sold his team mates into trouble a few times too.

2) Addison shutdown Polo, geez my cup runneth over. I rather he let Polo run rampant and turn the ball over for 30 times, nullifying him cost us. Aside from that Addison's disposal killed us again. Also the actual time he should have manned up on Polo he didnt, resulting in him getting an easy loose ball and kicking a goal when the game still was sort of in the balance.

3) So what, Lake is suspended, Hargrave was downright terrible, same goes for Wood. In fact Wood has been terrible for awhile now.

4) and 5) Yea cant justify those I suppose :D

still wasnt a srs post.

I wasnt srs but since you gave a srs response:

1) Markovic was terrible, comprehensively beaten by Riewoldt, people will say Riewoldt is a gun that should have kicked 4+ but his form last year and this year have not been good, and his output this game was above his recent standard, took like what 5-6 contested marks?. Sold his team mates into trouble a few times too.

7 kicks, 6 handballs and 2 goals, not named in the best players. Seen more comprehensive beatings than that.......

Only to be expected he would have better output than normal when his side has a big win

My assessment would be that Marko was beaten, as were virtually all our players, but was amongst our better or not so crap performers

Can't argue with that. Won't happen, but Sherman, Vez and Panos/Campbell/Hill at least.

Sounds fair. Wondering why people are not thinking Wallis at all or are we looking at him for 2013? Fit, eager a raring to go from what I see.

Lets get our young kids settled and feeling confident regardless of results, they are the future and are performing well in the most and need time to settle in and be part of the team.

We need to look at the leaders (excluding Bob) and see how to get a bit of mongrel back in them.

In : Panos (FF), Hill (FP and CHB),Sherman (Outside mid), Vez (HB),Talia (IC back up defender)

Out : Don't really care

You could wish for it but I can't see us bringing in 3 debutants in one game. That would be a public admission of desperation. Better to phase them in - and maybe one of Johannisen and Campbell - over the next 4-6 weeks.

My choice would be not to panic (yet):
IN: Talia (or perhaps Roberts), Sherman
OUT: Lake (susp), Cross

Djerrkura to play a full game, Smith to be sub.
Cordy to stay up forward where he will probably take a few grabs this week. Roughead to help out more in defence in Lake's absence.

Not sure what's up with Panos but it would be hard to bring him in for his debut when they didn't see fit to play him at any level in the VFL this week. However Hargrave should be nervous.

Hargrave Markovic Wood

Griffen Roughhead Addison

Sherman Boyd Higgins

Dahlhaus Jones Murphy

Cordy Campbell Giansiricusa

Minson Cooney Picken

int Cross Smith Djerrkura Libba

In Tom Campbell, Sherman
Out: Lake (1 week) Grant

Gotta love big footy.

Play the kids yet half the posters are dropping them.

We have 3 and 4 rookie listed players coming in, doesn't work that way.

Form at Williamstown should be the criteria for those to come in.

Those putting there hand up at this stage:
Wallis - dominated and clearly BOG, play him when in form
Hill - unlike Minson and Roughhead can genuinely play up forward
Austin - Not sure whether he will make it but has strung together a few good games.

Others mentioned:
Skinner - obviously have not watched Willy at all is that far from it I doubt he will make it
Campbell - Medium to long term yes, would look at replacing Minson but would only promote this year if 2 of the rucks we have go down
Sherman - another game at least. Kicked 1 goal 5 and wasted the ball at VFL level. We have enough of those already
Panos - Played against Geelong in the backline and missed the game on the weekend. Needs to play for Willy to be promoted
Tallia - Still learning at VFL level. If development continues look at in the second half of the year
Vezpremi - Not sure as a defender. Would like to see 2 consistent games at VFL level and then promote
JJ - Rookie, would prefer Austin to be the 1 promoted now for height in defense but would be next in line

As for the rest they need to develop at Willy and put 3 or 4 great games together to push up for senior selection.

Therefore:
Ins Wallis, Hill and Austin

Out Lake, Liberatore (should be Cross but wont happen) and Roughhead (should be Minson. Also wont happen but for those who think he will make it good luck, anyone who gets pants in a game like he did by Wayde Skipper in last years VFL grand final and then can be number 1 ruck in the AFL is being Delusional)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back