Preview Round 5, 2023: Collingwood v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 16th April, 4:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 37 41.1%
  • Saints

Votes: 53 58.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took all of 30 minutes for a Pies fan to call into Gerard on SEN and say we’ve played and beaten nobody and they are gonna do us by 10+ goals this week!

It’s officially Pies week
The loudest in the room is the weakest in the room 😎

They fear us and I love it

Took all of 30 minutes for a Pies fan to call into Gerard on SEN and say we’ve played and beaten nobody and they are gonna do us by 10+ goals this week!

It’s officially Pies week
That bloke was having a laugh surely.

I love the media narrative that we are in rebuild 3.0 under RTB and footy nuffies have bought into it.

Not hard to see that we have been a decent team over the past 3 seasons, been inconsistent and underperformed in spurts, to address these issues, have brought in a gun coach and some decent talent through the draft to improve from a 10-12 win team to a finals team.

The media and footy nuffs are always slow to react.

Did he also happen to say we’re using a gameplan from 2015?
“I’ve got a saints mate who’s talking finals and top 4 atm, can’t wait to burst his bubble, haven’t played a good team like Collingwood, Melbourne or Brisbane”

Failed to mention we beat the bulldogs by 50 who happened to beat Brisbane but let’s not let facts get in the way of a good story eh

WTF.

The past 4 pages was like hanging out with my mate Ryan who only
talks about himself and what he and his friend ‘John Boy’ get up to at work.

You try and get into the conversation and he just stares at you, not listening, just waiting for you to take a breath so he can go on talking about himself and John Boy some more.

So about me and John Boy.

I can't believe we're playing in the 6th game in a row on the AO on the weekend, legit shocked at that. Surface will be a kip, has this sh1t happened before? I really hope they know what they're doing...
Not great with rain forecast as well.

Hopefully the ground is in better condition than Optus Stadium was last year after 2 day of soccer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it still counts as a Collingwood home game, at least that's a small humour. Just checked their version of this thread and it's decidedly piss-poor, weighing in at just 2 pages presently.

if it is a swamp I think owens will thrive. Doesn't mind a leaping chest mark, can drive through a ground ball stoppage as good as anyone, has the grit and determination for wet weather footy
King Carey would always shine in the wet. Absolute mud pig. Owens cut from the same cloth.

Lots of talk about Daicos, and rightly so. But I’m even more worried about Moore.

The upside in our game is still our ability to turn inside 50s into scores. The entries themselves and obviously the players we have in there have been a slight problem in an otherwise beautiful month of football. Cordy/Caminiti have a huge challenge on their hands this week in bringing the ball to ground and not letting Moore and co get easy intercepts.

Collingwood run forward in numbers, what an exciting challenge for our pressure game.

Hoping we pull off another one despite the injuries. Especially given Pies are missing a few important players too.

If we win this, I’m a believer.

Any thoughts on Max Heath getting a game this week?

Conditions might not suit... but he must be getting close
Hasn't he already stated internally he's not ready for AFL this year?

He certainly looks like he's a fair way off the pace, even in the game where he got on the end of some goals.

Any thoughts on Max Heath getting a game this week?

Conditions might not suit... but he must be getting close
7 disposals and 7 hit outs on the weekend

Lyon has also mentioned he’s not keen on playing 2 rucks for the sake of it and that he’s been really happy with Cordy

Doubt we see him this year

Will be so intriguing to see what RTB has up his sleeve for Nick Daicos. Windy to do the job just like he did against Lachie Neale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back