Round 5 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like calling this mid-round, but I figure Dal Santo has proven he is just about elite.

Current midfield is Ablett, Selwood, Haselby, Gibbs, Rich, Vince (Tuck, Beams)

DR Dal Santo
DR Some rookie - probably Barham
CR B Vince (what was I thinking...)
CR T Tuck

I'm burning trades here though....

My plan all pre-season was to hold off till about Rd 8 or so then bring in Hodge.

Was always gonna take time fitness-wise, and I think he needs additional time to work through this poor vein of form. Some clubs seemed to have figured him out in his current role ATM, but he's too good not to bounce back eventually.

**** it. I'm getting Ablett :)
I kept telling myself 'just wait, just wait, he play shit and his price will go down' doesn't really look like happening:eek:

I kept telling myself 'just wait, just wait, he play shit and his price will go down' doesn't really look like happening:eek:

Yes get Ablett man.

And f&*& right now I hate Ablett, even though I have him.

Tried to be unique and I made the most basic mistake in the whole wide world and made Goodes (76) captain and Ablett (197). Going to drop out of the top 10,000 now when I was 433 two weeks ago. FFS

You know what happen if you do that dont you ?
He will have a few bad games and start dropping in price.
Its murphys law !!

Well with 46 odd touches his price is going up this week.

Hodge is struggling in a depleted Hawks backline. He's doing more work covering which means he's getting less of the pill.

His price will probably be dropping further this week. I would definitely trade Malceski for Hodge if you can afford it. Hodge struggling will still get you that 90-100 points on average. And is a more safer option than Malceski, especially since the matches have now started up.

Yes get Ablett man.

Tried to be unique and I made the most basic mistake in the whole wide world and made Goodes (76) captain...

Ouch!

Take heart from the fact that it's still far better than the conundrum some people must face when they look at their side and try to work out where to swing the wrecking ball in order to get Ablett in.

Where's that 'sound arguments against getting Ablett' thread gone? Be fun to revisit. :p

Anyone know how long Raines is away?

Supposed to be able to return next week or the one after.

In reality, Polo and Rance could very well keep him out of the side for a lot of the rest of the year.

Sure, he looked a bargain, but there was always going to be a heap of pressure on his place in the side. Other more flexible and useful players have done well in his absence.

seriously thinking of trading pavlich for riewoldt.

this is my first year of supercoach, and i think ive learnt that i should have put atleast 2-3 mid priced players in each section of the ground.. makes upgrading alot easier.

Ouch!

Take heart from the fact that it's still far better than the conundrum some people must face when they look at their side and try to work out where to swing the wrecking ball in order to get Ablett in.

Where's that 'sound arguments against getting Ablett' thread gone? Be fun to revisit. :p

LOL I was thinking that too, but then I saw the glass half empty rather than half full (is that how the saying goes?).

I'm not even going to bother looking at 'captain's each week' thread as it will be Ablett. Basically my decision cost me 3 league games....LOL..

I even wrote a special message to Mr. Ablett and asked him to score about 120sc and he came back with 197sc..LOL....

I'm actually surprised Goodes scored 76sc versus 37dt (with 12 possies)

TRADES:

Could be a Knee-Jerk reaction but I'm thinking?:

(a) Fevola to Rookie and Hill to Hodge
(b) Robinson to Rookie and Fevola to Riewoldt
(c) Fevola to Rookie and Robinson to Kirk

Maybe, when I calm down and I won't do a trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

seriously thinking of trading pavlich for riewoldt.

this is my first year of supercoach, and i think ive learnt that i should have put atleast 2-3 mid priced players in each section of the ground.. makes upgrading alot easier.

Don't do it man...seriously very bad move...

Worst than my decision of choosing Goodes as captain over Ablett (which damage is only for one week)....lol

No value with that trade.....Eventually, you'll want Pavlich and Riewoldt in your team and basically you've just wasted a trade...

Surely you'd go Malceski to Gilbert?

My thoughts exactly.

People wanting to get rid of Fevola may be regretting their decision once he kicks straight, seems to be getting enough chances to score big, (i.e 4.7). Maybe his foot injury early on is still affecting his kicking style?

Bad luck to all those with Kozi, I was spewing on my last-minute decision pre-season to take him out, as he really looked fit and firing. Now, although it's only a hammy and may not be a big deal, he's back to his old tricks. Young man in an old mans body.

No, it's not too early, just a little early. I'm holding off on getting Hodge until his price looks like it has bottomed out.

Depends....the league matches have started up which means you need wins. Hodge will give you more of a chance than Malceski will since he's far more consistent. Even struggling he'll get you that 90-100sc points vs Malceski's varying form.

Yes get Ablett man.

Tried to be unique and I made the most basic mistake in the whole wide world and made Goodes (76) captain and Ablett (197). Going to drop out of the top 10,000 now when I was 433 two weeks ago. FFS

lol....bad luck mate.

One of my primary reasons for picking up Ablett right from the start was so I didn't have to think about who would be captain. He is a lock week in week out.

Supposed to be able to return next week or the one after.

In reality, Polo and Rance could very well keep him out of the side for a lot of the rest of the year.

Sure, he looked a bargain, but there was always going to be a heap of pressure on his place in the side. Other more flexible and useful players have done well in his absence.

Raines was a run off half back type player, and the main reason a lot of SC teams had him was because he looked good disposing...especially his nab cup form. In the same vein as a krakouer, skipworth, higgins. Cheap players most were assured would play well above their asking price. I think Raines would've improved as much as the other 3 i just named...if he wasn't injured. I reckon he'll be back sooner rather than later given Richmond's poor disposal woes.

I am thinking Fevola to Reiwoldt, Fev is inconsistent but already risen in price a bit which is what I primarily wanted him for, then I am considering a Mitch Robinson trade, wait until Thursday to see if he'll get a game but I think he's done and dusted.

Malceski and Tuck aren't far away from an upgrade either, but that can wait out for a bit. Tuck to Mitchell (but probably Bartel) could be a fantastic upgrade with Mitchell's early poor form.

My thoughts exactly.

People wanting to get rid of Fevola may be regretting their decision once he kicks straight, seems to be getting enough chances to score big, (i.e 4.7). Maybe his foot injury early on is still affecting his kicking style?

Bad luck to all those with Kozi, I was spewing on my last-minute decision pre-season to take him out, as he really looked fit and firing. Now, although it's only a hammy and may not be a big deal, he's back to his old tricks. Young man in an old mans body.

Fevola - I just want this guy to give away free kicks. He had a monster clanger, where he gave 2 free kicks and a 50m from the centre.

Kosi - also known as 'Benjamin Button' - refer to bolded part above.

I am thinking Fevola to Reiwoldt, Fev is inconsistent but already risen in price a bit which is what I primarily wanted him for, then I am considering a Mitch Robinson trade, wait until Thursday to see if he'll get a game but I think he's done and dusted.

My thoughts are exactly the same with Fevola (to Riewoldt) and Robinson (to lower rookie)

I am not confident that Robinson will get a game this week. Blues wil rest him and if this occurs goodbye Robinson.

Anyone know what the prognosis is on Adcock's ankle? I've had a CNUT of a week. Not one of my forwards has scored over 100 yet. I've had T. Cloke, Roughead and Taylor all burn me. Not happy at all...

honestly, im gunna trade out pavlich and deledio this week. i really dont care that there wasted trades, there pissing me off to much. plus i have an inside tip that pavlich has being playing with abit of a leg injury this season.

Deledio is really testing my patience. 6pts to halftime is deplorable. I was thinking of trading him for Aaron Davey, Boomer or Roo.

Wise move or over-reacting?

Deledio is really testing my patience. 6pts to halftime is deplorable. I was thinking of trading him for Aaron Davey, Boomer or Roo.

Wise move or over-reacting?

He's pissing me off also. But I'll hold onto him though. His price is going to plummet after this week. You wont get full value for a trade now. Skipworth did his hammy today. I might consider moving him on. Not sure for who though...

Waiting to see on injuries for Skippy and Adcock. Now think I might move Skippy on if it's a decent hammy injury, Adcock not so sure.

I have Skippy and Hentschel both injured on the bench now. :mad:

Thinking of getting Riewoldt in so I will downgrade Hetschel to W.Thompson and Skippy to Riewoldt.

What does everyone think of that trade?

Forward line will then be -

Riewoldt, Harvey, Delidio, Pavlich, Krakeour, Ziebell, M.Brown

Bench - T.Walker, Thompson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back