Round 5 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys if money is no problem which one would you pick between boomer and roo?

saints are flying.. roo will dominate.. but injuries concern me .. and he can go missing..

roos are meh.. but boomer is boomer.. and hes at a 85k discount compared to his starting price.. but he has had a meh start besides his monster score this round just gone..

thoughts?

Go Roo mate. I'm thinking of going Roo myself this week but I already have Boomer.

Skippy >>> Roo for me. :thumbsu:

guys if money is no problem which one would you pick between boomer and roo?

saints are flying.. roo will dominate.. but injuries concern me .. and he can go missing..

roos are meh.. but boomer is boomer.. and hes at a 85k discount compared to his starting price.. but he has had a meh start besides his monster score this round just gone..

thoughts?

Boomer v Tigers, Pies, Port (Kornes), Geelong (Ling), Feo (Crowley)
Roo v Port, Dogs, Pies (easy), Bombers (easy), Lions,

I think they are about the same as Boomer has been tagged all his life. To me they are both the same.

i vote no trades.
I thought so, but I'm thinking next week I'll be in the same shoes and won't be able to get boomer..

I'm thinking of doing the following -

Hentschel >>> W.Thompson
Skipworth >>> Riewoldt

Will all depend on what Riewoldt's break even is this week. I only have to play my brother in my league who isn't that great and someone at work in my second league who isn't that good either.
You appear to be quick on the trades this year...lol

Thinking of jacobs to messan for the cash only time i can see where you can get money for your rookie ruck and still have someone that will play

Yeah I was looking at that too. I'm 57K of a straight skippy to roo trade. Only other cash cows that I can do without are Hill, Cheney, Robinson and Brown. With a b/e of about 60* next week roo might've bottomed out already

* I think thats right:p

You appear to be quick on the trades this year...lol

Nah, not really. :p

This will be my first week of upgrades for me and what better place to start than getting Roo. :thumbsu:

Roo only needs to get a 60 break even and Skippy will be out for at least 4 weeks so best to do this upgrade now.

All good mate. I'll go after Buddy "Duddy" Franklin as my next forward target or J.Brown. My forward line is definitely my weak point so I am trying to upgrade this area as quickly as possible.

Possible forward line after this week could look like this -

Riewoldt (Traded in for Skipworth), Harvey, Delidio, Pavlich, Krakeour, Ziebell, M.Brown

Bench - T.Walker, W.Thompson (traded in for Hentschel)

Rucks and midfield are set for the year and 5 of my defenders are too so not many upgrades to do.

I figure I need to do 3 forward upgrades and two defense upgrades. :)

Nah, not really. :p

All good mate. I'll go after Buddy "Duddy" Franklin as my next forward target or J.Brown. My forward line is definitely my weak point so I am trying to upgrade this area as quickly as possible.

Possible forward line after this week could look like this -

Riewoldt (Traded in for Skipworth), Harvey, Delidio, Pavlich, Krakeour, Ziebell, M.Brown

Bench - T.Walker, W.Thompson (traded in for Hentschel)

Rucks and midfield are set for the year and 5 of my defenders are too so not many upgrades to do.

I figure I need to do 3 forward upgrades and two defense upgrades. :)

Geez I had Duddy...this year he underperforms..LOL

only 5..wadda?

I have 8 more upgrades but a few could be keepers (Higgins, Krakouer, Rich, Houlihan?), but it actually depends if you intend to keep any of the following as keepers

B: Hill
M: Rich, Beams, Otten
F: Higgins, Houlihan, Skipworth, Krakouer

only 5..wadda?

I have 8 more upgrades but a few could be keepers (Higgins, Krakouer, Rich, Houlihan?), but it actually depends if you intend to keep any of the following as keepers

I'm counting Rich to end up as my 6th midfieder, Houlihan to end up as my 7th defender and Krakouer to end up as my 7th forward to be keepers at the moment. ;)

only 5..wadda?

Ones in bold I would consider keepers. :thumbsu:

well Greens injury really screwed me over out for 6-8 so i really need to trade him

i'm thinking either Bartel or Ablett

i have $255k in the kitty so i can straight swap Green -> Bartell (or any other player who isn't Ablett)

or i can cash in a rookie + Green -> Ablett

I'd traded Skipworth to rookie or upwards, but there are no decent rookies in forwardline and I can only get to $470K. If I wait until Otten increases next week, Harvey will also increase, so net effect is 0.

There's one that debuted last round and scored 67 points

Another scored 67 last game in his second game, due for a price rise

Wade Thompson also is still at $94K

Depends how much of a risk you want to take but there's a few $94K options

I'm counting Rich to end up as my 6th midfieder, Houlihan to end up as my 7th defender and Krakouer to end up as my 7th forward to be keepers at the moment. ;)

Yes, I'm currently looking at Rich, Gilbert, Higgins as Krakouer as keepers which gives me 17 overall, leaving 5 players to upgrade into keepers.

Doing the maths = at least 10 trades in an ideal world :eek:

Already used 2 and need some for LTI's ... the trades budget starts to look tight!

What are your thoughts on spending $70K to get Kruezer turned into McIntosh, then treating H-mac as a keeper?

Maybe-

Skippy -> Barham
Petrenko -> Gilbee or any back under 530k

Lots of things to take into consideration before this is even close to happening.

Is it a waste of two mid priced players to go:
Raines ---> Broughton
Malceski ---> Hodge
Was going to keep Raines but want to start upgrading now and he is at least 4 weeks before his price rises.
My two areas of concern as well haha

Im considering Downgrading a mitch brown to rookie - making 200k odd + 150 k i already have in the bank --

And upgrading malceski and raines to say a p burgoyne and gilbee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe-

Skippy -> Barham
Petrenko -> Gilbee or any back under 530k

Lots of things to take into consideration before this is even close to happening.

It is a tad early to pull the trigger on Petrenko, but if you HAVE to do that to resolve the skippy situation then those trades look reasonable.
Not sure Barham is in pies best 22 tho.

My two areas of concern as well haha

Im considering Downgrading a mitch brown to rookie - making 200k odd + 150 k i already have in the bank --

And upgrading malceski and raines to say a p burgoyne and gilbee

Please tell me how i can make 200k out of Mitch Brown? His price has only gone up 84k and it is moving very slowly.

It is a tad early to pull the trigger on Petrenko, but if you HAVE to do that to resolve the skippy situation then those trades look reasonable.
Not sure Barham is in pies best 22 tho.
Yeah totally agree. If one of Skippy or Robinson are named i'll hold off a week on the trades. Apparently Barham looked the goods but like u said doubt if he's in their best 22.

CONUNDRUM

Hayden Skipworth injured, out for between 3 - 6 weeks with a hamstring.

Trade him get the $300,000 he has, and upgrade him with the extra cash in the kitty to say a Nathan Krakouer or do I keep him (Skipworth) and hope that Walker or Brown can get me through the next 3 - 6 weeks and keep a trade in hand for later in the season. :eek:

CONUNDRUM

Hayden Skipworth injured, out for between 3 - 6 weeks with a hamstring.

Trade him get the $300,000 he has, and upgrade him with the extra cash in the kitty to say a Nathan Krakouer or do I keep him (Skipworth) and hope that Walker or Brown can get me through the next 3 - 6 weeks and keep a trade in hand for later in the season. :eek:

Your right, this is a conundrum with no easy answer. I am currently using Brown/Walker to cover Hentschell and while they are scoring poorly and this is less than adequate, i think it is worth saving the trade.

Skippy is a little different. I have always doubted whether he was in our best 22. With players like Prismall and Welsh coming back mid season and with Myers, Houli, Jetta and Lonergan all playing in the reserves, by the time Skippy comes back there may not be a place for him.

If they say it is a 3 week injury he is probably worth keeping, but if it is longer then i would lean towards trading him. Personally i am going to trade as i cant afford Skippy and hentschell on the bench with BOTH brown and walker playing.

This may be different for you if you are solely going for league wins, where you may be better off holding onto him until the perfect upgrade becomes available.

I am hoping to use my trade on Skipworth for a full upgrade. If you choose Krakouer you are going medium to medium because of LTI rather than upgrading to a premium. Some people may disagree with this as people are now talking of Krakouer becoming a keeper after his score on the w.e. I think there is a good chance Krakouer will be in my final lineup, whereas that was never the plan with Skippy

Please tell me how i can make 200k out of Mitch Brown? His price has only gone up 84k and it is moving very slowly.[/quote]

My bad lol - Hayden Skipworth - have never been a multi tasker...

Your right, this is a conundrum with no easy answer. I am currently using Brown/Walker to cover Hentschell and while they are scoring poorly and this is less than adequate, i think it is worth saving the trade.

Skippy is a little different. I have always doubted whether he was in our best 22. With players like Prismall and Welsh coming back mid season and with Myers, Houli, Jetta and Lonergan all playing in the reserves, by the time Skippy comes back there may not be a place for him.

If they say it is a 3 week injury he is probably worth keeping, but if it is longer then i would lean towards trading him. Personally i am going to trade as i cant afford Skippy and hentschell on the bench with BOTH brown and walker playing.

This may be different for you if you are solely going for league wins, where you may be better off holding onto him until the perfect upgrade becomes available.

I am hoping to use my trade on Skipworth for a full upgrade. If you choose Krakouer you are going medium to medium because of LTI rather than upgrading to a premium. Some people may disagree with this as people are now talking of Krakouer becoming a keeper after his score on the w.e. I think there is a good chance Krakouer will be in my final lineup, whereas that was never the plan with Skippy

A few good points to consider their. I might wait to trade until I have seen the exstent of his injury, as you pointet out players to come back in may just kick Skippy out of the team, and then the 'why did we pick up skipwroth' knockers will come out of the wood.

I am not sure who to trade him out for though, if I do at all.

any ideas would be helpful.

I am not sure who to trade him out for though, if I do at all.

any ideas would be helpful.

If you are going to do a sidways trade because of LTI, kraks is clearly the best option (presuming that you already have Higgins).

If you are upgrading to a premium later on then your options are much wider. I think im gonna go Skippy to Roo this week

Skippy's injury has killed me too.

Can only muster up 110k to use on an upgrade, meaning that I can't go straight to a premium. I have all the good midpricers bar Houlihan - already have 3 Carlton players though. Not seeing any rookies I like either...

So I either play Brown / Walker (Though if we have a full list, Skippy's spot is not necessarily guaranteed when he comes back), downgrade to a rookie I don't necessarily want (e.g. Warren) or upgrade to another mid-pricer like an Andrew Lovett, Shannon Cox or Robbie Gray.

Not happy Jan.

I have roughly 132k, and have Skip but not Krakouer. Also, I have decided Malceski wont be a keeper, and his price will drop further after his 48 this week, so getting rid of him.
So it looks like Skip--->Krak and Malceski--->Embley/Mackie

Krak could be a keeper, and Mackie/Embley should be, so brings my total to about 17. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back