Preview Round 6, 2022: GWS v St.Kilda - Manuka Oval, Friday 22nd April, 7:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Giants

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Saints

Votes: 53 77.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That was the Dork supporter. Not one of us.

I was more worried that Jiath was going to run our forwards ragged. They rebound really well off HBF and constantly spread and attack. I love the way they play except against us. They are real old school fast footy. Probably apart from Carlton early on and us at our best it's the best brand in footy ATM. Freo look good when in full flight too but they have a skills issue. Oh and Melbourne go okay too.

Giants to kick the first two goals. Saints by 30.
I'll be concerned if we kick the first goal.

Rd 1 vs coll - we kicked the 1st goal. Loss
Rd 2 vs Freo - conceded the first 3 goals. Win
Rd 3 vs Rich - conceded the first 2 goals in a minute. Win
Rd 4 vs Haw - conceded the first 2 goals in a minute. Win
Rd 5 vs GC - conceded the first 2 goals. Win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best 22 vs GWS

Ins: Webster
Outs: Wood

FB: Wilkie, Howard, Webster
HB: Lienert, Battle, Sinclair
C: McKenzie, Steele, Windhager
HF: Hill, Membrey, Hayes
FF: Higgins, King, Butler
Fol: Marshall, Crouch, Gresham
Bch: Paton, Wanganeen-Milera, Ross, Long
Emer: Highmore, Byrnes, Bytel, Wood, (medi sub)

Webster deserves his spot in this team, so it only makes sense that he is recalled. He offers on extra defensive option, that meant I moved DMAC onto a wing as his running power could be used there. I moved Sincs back as that’s where he got a lot of the ball last week and it seems to work. Marshall starts as the ruck, as I think Hayes has slightly better forward craft. Went a mix of tall and small defenders Hogan and Himmelberg present as issues, but as does Toby Greene so I want to make sure we have a huge selection of defenders to mess with him, Wilkie, Paton, Long, Webster while he’s up forward, while Gresham, Steele and Ross can cut his influence in the middle, (although I wouldn’t want to use Steele). Windhager starts in the 18 as he has really impressed me in the games he’s played.

Go Saints

Reckon Wilkie might get the job on wearing Greene. Has seemed to get the match ups on the likes of Dusty, Degoey, and Petracca when forward in the past.
Even if he doesn't, our small/medium defenders have proven pretty effective this last month. Backing them in.
More concerned about Tom Green through the middle to be honest. Bloke is a beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back