Preview Round 6, 2023: Carlton v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 23rd April, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Blues

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 57 77.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm absolutely *ing terrified of the McKay and Curnow combo - if they get off the leash we're farked.
No Saad or Doc is nice. Big Ro' needs a massive game this week I tell ya
Why?! Like yeah obviously they are great but so are wilkie, battle and Howard?
Stop McKay, Curnow we win the game

Why?! Like yeah obviously they are great but so are wilkie, battle and Howard?
Stop McKay, Curnow we win the game
McKay and Curnow are the equivalent to Gehrig & Roo and the saints of that era.

Beat their midfield and it doesn’t matter if they kick a bag. We will win the game.

McKay and Curnow are the equivalent to Gehrig & Roo and the saints of that era.

Beat their midfield and it doesn’t matter if they kick a bag. We will win the game.
I know Rooey had his kicking issues at times but McKay is a whole other level… I think we match up well with Carlton’s strengths, think they are gonna struggle to move the ball quickly tbh which suits us

No Saad could be the biggest out they could have he’s really the only guy they have the can truly break the lines

I know Rooey had his kicking issues at times but McKay is a whole other level… I think we match up well with Carlton’s strengths, think they are gonna struggle to move the ball quickly tbh which suits us

No Saad could be the biggest out they could have he’s really the only guy they have the can truly break the lines
Agreed. Centre clearances will be vital in this game, glad Steele is back. If we can breakeven then Carlton, without Saad and Doc, should struggle to transition the footy from defence and provide Curnow/McKay with any decent looks (provided our pressure is on). If their midfield does get on top we will find out how good Wilkie/Battle/Howard really are.

It's become a bit of a meme, but I think the glaringly obvious is to take them to the deep and with our running. Hollands and Walsh the only players of theirs I know that can cover ground, and at speed. Wood could be an absolute nightmare matchup for them.
Their midfield is as stodgy as any atm, and their losing clearances - 17th so far this season. So their 1 wood is not there at all.

Can't wait to see what RTB and the boys do, I think we could win well which would be an unbelievable scalp to take and really set us up for a tough month ahead. Playing Hawks and Roos twice later in the year is a godsend, lets lock in important wins early.

lets lock in important wins early.

As we know from RTB 1.0- he's an absolute fiend for banking early season wins.

No doubt he'll be urging them all to go completely full throttle every single week until we have finals and potentially top 4 sewn up.

We wont see any player management (other than subbing roma occasionally) or tweaks to the game style (eg playing 'tempo' footy).

What that does mean is that if a team like carlton aren't switch on- we could really pile on some pain.

Their outs make them very vunerable to a pasting if steele, crouch and seb can match cripps and walsh.

I'm absolutely *ing terrified of the McKay and Curnow combo - if they get off the leash we're farked.
No Saad or Doc is nice. Big Ro' needs a massive game this week I tell ya
The plan for curbing the twin towers is strong team defense across the entire ground (a hallmark of our season to date), making sure every entry kick is under pressure and/or from poor positions on the ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross 5 seconds in "sometimes as a forward you get buffeted a bit and you react"

clearly no one gave ross the script, just creating space mate lol

I think it's time we give Tom Campbell a game or two. Cordy is doing zip and I feel Tommy will offer more forward and in the ruck. With him playing we could afford to have Marshall rest in the forward line to stretch their defence at times.

I think it's time we give Tom Campbell a game or two. Cordy is doing zip and I feel Tommy will offer more forward and in the ruck. With him playing we could afford to have Marshall rest in the forward line to stretch their defence at times.
Ross mentioned Cordy in his presser.

So I highly doubt that’s happening.

Not sure I'm sharing this relaxed expectation of a win I've just been reading about. Blues were pretty bad last week but back in Melbourne they'll be pumped and up for the fight. Missing a couple of back flankers but with guns all over the field, they could very easily get on top in the middle, particularly if Steele is a bit rusty. 🥴

Cripps, Walsh, Kennedy, Weitering, Curnow, McKay, with that sort of talent on the field they can beat anyone on their day. Just hope we're not too wrecked from last week, if we're a bit flat things could get ugly. Need to bring the heat again!

Carlton board saying McGovern out.

As long as we can keep the ball out of there f50 and drag one of their tall forwards up the ground to help their transition we should be sweet.

There injury list is sits at 12 so getting to look like ours, and a couple of turnover merchants in their current 22.

First time in a while I am confident we are better than the blues even if on paper it may not look it, they dont have the pressure game of the pies.

Completely bonkers prediction
Cordy 5 goals

Is jack hayes really 10-12 weeks, or have they just not updated it because it feels like hes been that forever.

Agree, I see the team with Campbell. Something like this:

B: Paton, Howard, Wilkie
HB: Sinclair, Battle, Stocker
C: Wood, Steele, Byrnes
HF: Hill, Owens, Windhager
F: Higgins, Membrey, Campbell

Foll: Marshall, Crouch, Ross
Int: Butler, Clark, Phillipou, NWM,
Sub: Bytel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back