Preview Round 6, 2023: Carlton v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 23rd April, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Blues

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 57 77.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before the season started, I think it was understood a large portion of this year would be about finding out which players are committed to a RTB system and method, and which players aren't.

Gresham has had a slowish start to the year, with last week being a low point. If he has any desire to be a part of the system and method under RTB moving forward, surely his output lifts over the coming months. If not, whether you're a Gresham fan or not, I can't see him being with us next year.

For what it's worth, I'm a Gresham fan and I honestly think his best and most consistent footy is played when he plays primarily as a forward. With Steele back this week, hopefully Gresham plays a starring role forward and kicks a bag. Here's hoping anyway, for the now and the future years.

Go saints

Ripping post.
Gresh is exactly the sort of guy we can't afford to lose while in the peak of our flag window for the next ~3 years.

Nor can we afford for him to not be playing career best football while he is fit and in his prime years.

I have faith that he will find his groove and role in the system.
Last week was horrible- but he was serviceable overall in the first month.

Obviously, as an RFA he's playing for what will be the biggest contract of his life this year- to me it looks like he's trying too hard.

Once he relaxes a bit I reckon he'll go nuts one week and get 25 possies and a couple of snags and he'll be fine from then on.
(Let's hope it starts on sunday against the scumbaggers!)

Serious crowd brewing for this one.

We always deliver huge crowds v Carlton. The debacle about fans not being let in until quarter time a few years back was our game against the Blues.

This is a must win.
A confident Port off a 5 day break, even at Marvel, is going to be a tough ask.

Not only will Port have an extra day's break on us they will have a bruise free training run against an injury depleted West Coast this weekend.

At least we will be playing them at our home ground for once and not Adelaide, Cairns or Shanghai

I will give the Carlton fans this much ... they show up to their home games against the Saints at Marvel ... always seems to be a real atmosphere ... I remember a few years ago with the lid open, 40,000+ (and we wrecked their day), was really rocking.
Unlike all the so called St kilda supporters who never turn up

Hope Sharman gets a game- we need another option in the forward half long with Membrey who apparently looked like slow drying cement at Sandy last game.
Yeah , can't understand how members getting 7 disposals and 1 point is a walk up start, sounds pretty sh1t to me

i think the criticism of Gresham has been a bit harsh . He has been playing the last few years more on the ball , now suddenly hes back to the forward line along with Butler , Higgins , Owens , and The Hammer so he has had trouble getting the numbers he is use to getting . i do think that playing Gresham , Higgins and Butler in the one team might be one small forward too many though .

i think the criticism of Gresham has been a bit harsh . He has been playing the last few years more on the ball , now suddenly hes back to the forward line along with Butler , Higgins , Owens , and The Hammer so he has had trouble getting the numbers he is use to getting . i do think that playing Gresham , Higgins and Butler in the one team might be one small forward too many though .

He's still spending a fair bit of time on ball isn't he?

Unlike all the so called St kilda supporters who never turn up

I'd love to see more turn up and really rock the joint ... I know I've got to miss some games later in the season due to work committments, so have only missed one Melbourne game (due to COVID) so far this season. The Saints fans who do show up are loud though ...

Yeah , can't understand how members getting 7 disposals and 1 point is a walk up start, sounds pretty sh1t to me

Quite often guys that are used to playing AFL struggle when they go back to a lower level like the VFL so I don't think you can read too much into that.

I think he will play better when he is back at AFL level and we don't have the luxury of giving him another week in the VFL anyway with Caminiti out.

I thi
At the start of the year I would've said we'd lose to Fremantle, Essendon, Western Bulldogs, Collingwood and Carlton so instead of sitting 1-5 we'll be at worst 4-2. We need to just be around the mark when we get King back in a few weeks. I'm excited to see what we'll be like when we've got more of our best out there. We've beaten or been taking it to genuinely good sides with two forwards who have about 15 games between them - one of which wasn't on an AFL list two months ago.
No we are playing down Mitchto's tap to advantage last centre square ball up of the game... delicious 😍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Random thought but maybe its better to drop Cordy back in defense this week and allow Cal more freedom to attack. We've done ok with a small forward lind thus far and the Scum seem determined to bomb into the f50.
I wouldn't change the backline setup.

Have a look at the game... replay on the AFL site. Horrendous wet slog. He got through it and did fine.
Under the roof is a completely different story.

This one feels quite important, Blues going a lot better than last week would suggest. Almost feels like a more important match than last week against the Pies. If we lose this one and then next week play a bogey side in Port, we could easily find ourselves at 4-3 and back with the field, wasting what has been a wonderful start. Really important game to bring the heat and back up after a loss.

I wouldn't change the backline setup.
Agree - backline going well - keep it stable as possible and continue to build understanding & confidence. Really like Sinclair having some midfield minutes as a huge change up! Webster to comeback when fit and hopefully Coffield in due course puts pressure on for a place/ solid injury replacement.

Should be more improvement in the midfield as additional flexibility develops via Owens and Pou spending more minutes & Jones putting pressure on for a place/solid injury replacement.

Most improvement in the forward line with hopefully King & Membrey fit and firing and Billings putting pressure on the other small forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back