Preview Round 6, 2023: Carlton v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 23rd April, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Blues

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 57 77.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. I was having a back and forth with a crows supporter on Twitter about it. Phillipou had 13 contested possession. The bloke said it was because he has been playing well all year. So I showed him phillipous numbers all year. He hasn’t responded. You can’t tell me that for everyone of that blokes possessions it was worth two of phillipous

Michalanny has been pretty huge this year. They are one of form teams this year and he's playing as a key piece of their defence. Numbers look better for Phillipou but I get why MM got the nod, his impact for his age in a key position has been very good. Phillipou has plenty of weeks to get one. I'd be shocked if he doesn't have a break out game where he kicks a bag and gets a nod.

The awards are a bit of fun rather than an authoritative list of future stars anyway. Phillipou will be a star even if they don't give him a nomination.

100% Caminiti will get a 2 year extension

I'd imagine any less and there would be other clubs more than happy to take him

Hopefully we get Billings and Keeler back in the twos this week
Such a shame he’s not playing against Carlton though.

100% Caminiti will get a 2 year extension

I'd imagine any less and there would be other clubs more than happy to take him
no doubt, membrey will be 30 next year, get him locked up. 7 goals in your first 5 games with only a couple months at the club. By the time hes 22, could be anything, especially with King taking the heat.

no doubt, membrey will be 30 next year, get him locked up. 7 goals in your first 5 games with only a couple months at the club. By the time hes 22, could be anything, especially with King taking the heat.
Add keeler to the mix and it all of a sudden looks like we have some really exciting key positions

Who's running the Rising Star nonsense again?

Max Michalaney had a solid game for a young bloke playing across half back with 10disp 4 tackles and 4 intercept disp. Phillipou 19disp as a Mid/For with 1g & 1ga..! They will say "ohhh its a bild up of performance" well I'm afraid I have to award that contest to phillipou as well. Moronic.

I agree with you but it’ll be great when he gets the nod in a game where he really tears it apart. 20 touches and 4 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gees we have had a good run with Witts, DeGoey and Saad all going out of their sides at the last minute or for only a week.

Handy considering we boast the biggest injury list in the league, but injuries aside no excuses for this game. Very winnable, just like how every game will be this year now that we have set the tone.

Last time we played them, Sinclair went nuts and had 37, Marshall had 22 and 12 marks, Membrey kicked 4. Won’t be surprised to see those three continue to play well against the blues.

Gresh had 29 and 2 points. Expecting him to bounce back this week. Also think that Hunter Clark will thrive in this sorta game, his impact is growing by the week.

Another guy on our list kicked 10 in his first 4 games after only a couple of months at the club!

Gees we have had a good run with Witts, DeGoey and Saad all going out of their sides at the last minute or for only a week.

Handy considering we boast the biggest injury list in the league, but injuries aside no excuses for this game. Very winnable, just like how every game will be this year now that we have set the tone.

Yeah this is very winnable, only concern for mine is that the boys might have drained themselves a bit much last week, and have a much shorter break than Carlton. Hope the recovery is good, presumably light training for most of them.

Yeah this is very winnable, only concern for mine is that the boys might have drained themselves a bit much last week, and have a much shorter break than Carlton. Hope the recovery is good, presumably light training for most of them.
This is the concern for me. Last week was a VERY taxing game, shorter break, and the first real "hurdle" in our season so far, other than injuries. It will be interesting to see how we bounce back and focus, especially after the distractions of this week......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back