Autopsy Round 6, 2023: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol hows RTB saying we toyed with Carlton in the last 10 minutes
I chuckled when in the presser he starts saying, "In the fourth quarter we nuzzled..." then catches himself and makes the correction "we muzzled Carlton."

Say what you mean Ross... "Carlton were properly ****ed by the fourth, and we thought we might just give them a cuddle"

I chuckled when in the presser he starts saying, "In the fourth quarter we nuzzled..." then catches himself and makes the correction "we muzzled Carlton."

Say what you mean Ross... "Carlton were properly ****ed by the fourth, and we thought we might just give them a cuddle"
He is "cuddly Ross " after all

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apparently, the Saints are only on top of the ladder because of Gillon McLachlan and Carlton wuz robbed by the umpires. This is a wild ride of a video.
The Carlton Vs St Kilda game was the worst game ever
Yeah, I had to bail after the first minute. He's clearly in some kind of institution, so it's a bit unfair to rip into him too much. It makes me a bit sad to see that, but at least he's keeping clean and seems harmless enough.

I know it sounds a bit snotty but when I reflect that this fella is a fair measure of your average footy supporter, I wonder why I have invested so much of my life in the sport.

Even footy journalism is done with next to no subediting because media outlets assume the imbeciles who follow footy either don't notice or don't care about correct writing. I suppose we should be grateful there is a footy media at all because if it wasn't so lucrative, most papers and TV wouldn't even bother reporting on it.

Strangest call, voluntarily hit his head on the ground🥴

BT should be called out in the media for it. Just unbelievable.

New angle suggests BT & Kornes may be correct 🤔

F00gBNn.gif

Another thing that irked me a bit on the TV commentary is they hardly made any deal about Chito's goal. He kicked a goal from 60 on the run and there was no hype about it. Small thing, but pretty strange.
Jeez, just watched it again, you're not wrong.

"Weitering might get back or will he? No he wont!" Then there's about 30 seconds of silence... I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume the FTA telecast went straight to ads, but still, it was a huge goal, particularly in the context of the game.

If Daicos, Ashcroft or Sheezle kicked that goal I reckon we'd still be hearing about it.

Was better than the goal of the year nominations for the week IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez, just watched it again, you're not wrong.

"Weitering might get back or will he? No he wont!" Then there's about 30 seconds of silence... I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume the FTA telecast went straight to ads, but still, it was a huge goal, particularly in the context of the game.

If Daicos, Ashcroft or Sheezle kicked that goal I reckon we'd still be hearing about it.

Was better than the goal of the year nominations for the week IMO.
Yeah it was pretty much the killing blow, ended any slim hope for a Carlton comeback.

Pretty amazing that a kid with less than 20 games under his belt can just waltz in and drill the game winner from 65 out while barely breaking a sweat. It's an absolutely ice cold move from the rookie. Equally amazing that no body is really talking about it.

He's kicked a couple of really important goals already has Mitch, which is what I'm most excited about. His stats are of course amazing, but it's his influence that has me really excited, and has me spruking his Rising Star credentials to anyone that will listen. While Ashcroft and Sheezel are obviously playing super football, Mitch is actually out there winning games off his own boot. Can't wait to see what he's like by the end of the year, because he's got a real finalist player vibe to him.

Yeah it was pretty much the killing blow, ended any slim hope for a Carlton comeback.

Pretty amazing that a kid with less than 20 games under his belt can just waltz in and drill the game winner from 65 out while barely breaking a sweat. It's an absolutely ice cold move from the rookie. Equally amazing that no body is really talking about it.

He's kicked a couple of really important goals already has Mitch, which is what I'm most excited about. His stats are of course amazing, but it's his influence that has me really excited, and has me spruking his Rising Star credentials to anyone that will listen. While Ashcroft and Sheezel are obviously playing super football, Mitch is actually out there winning games off his own boot. Can't wait to see what he's like by the end of the year, because he's got a real finalist player vibe to him.

The thing that I love is that he genuinely smashes expectations no matter where he plays. He rucks better than Marshall with most of his taps going to our players, marks better than most even contested, slots his chances when we need them most and can win his own ball or clearance. He seems to have that champions knack of popping up at the moment we need a lift. He really could be anything and he's starting to look like it might be sooner rather than later.

Mitch will have the best highlights package out of the lot of them. And that’s not to downplay Daicos or Sheezel, who are both great players, but Owens is doing stuff that they aren’t doing and aren’t capable of doing.

Another thing that irked me a bit on the TV commentary is they hardly made any deal about Chito's goal. He kicked a goal from 60 on the run and there was no hype about it. Small thing, but pretty strange.

May have been mentioned earlier but they did this when Po went up for that screamer and almost nailed it. Zero mention of it all. Very odd.

Mitch will have the best highlights package out of the lot of them. And that’s not to downplay Daicos or Sheezel, who are both great players, but Owens is doing stuff that they aren’t doing and aren’t capable of doing.

I think everyone forgets that he's kid still because he looks like 150 game player already. His mental quickness is elite and I reckon that's what Phillipou has too. It's split second decision making that can't be learnt. It's like their instincts are just hyper alert. Phillipou can take a handball receive and already seems to know where the next player is without having to look around and executes a perfect handball. Owens can take possession and have it already on his boot and sailing towards goal before anyone has processed that he's picked the ball up.

May have been mentioned earlier but they did this when Po went up for that screamer and almost nailed it. Zero mention of it all. Very odd.

I think the AFL and networks want the Blues to fire. Essendon and Carlton are cash cows.

If you go back and listen to the days of Cometti or McAveney or Grybas commentating, it is appalling how bad the current lot are in describing the play and rising for the big moments. Even Eddie is a much better caller than anyone on Channel 7.
Eddie is actually a very good caller I don't know why fox dumped him

The thing that I love is that he genuinely smashes expectations no matter where he plays. He rucks better than Marshall with most of his taps going to our players, marks better than most even contested, slots his chances when we need them most and can win his own ball or clearance. He seems to have that champions knack of popping up at the moment we need a lift. He really could be anything and he's starting to look like it might be sooner rather than later.
Yeah on his rucking, I really like the way he competes for the tap then scoots to pick up the ground ball. This was particularly evident on the weekend when he did the centre square rucking because a couple of times he was able to lose the tap, and then get to the ball before it left the circle.
It's a real interesting talent and even when we/if we get a secondary ruck back into the team, I wouldn't mind seeing Owens in there every now and then. He just has the ability to pinch a clearance before you know what's happening.

Eddie is actually a very good caller I don't know why fox dumped him
They wouldn’t have dumped him Eddie usually has about a hundred things going on so probably didn’t have the time. He’s one of the best though, I’ll never forget how well he called that coast to coast goal against North in 2003 I think it was that ended in a Gehrig goal. They need to bring some crowd noise back into the call.

Autopsy Round 6, 2023: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back