Autopsy Round 6, 2023: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 - 659
2023 - 510

long ways to go but our group now is much much younger in there

milne 29, roo 27, kosi 27
Say King is good for 2 goals a game. Odd 3 or 4 goal games. Lets say he'd have 20 by end of this round, puts him 3rd in the Coleman right now which is fair I think.

That brings that 149 point gap down to 29.

It's scary to think what we are going to be like with King in the side.

They won't need our laptops when they take our personnel.

Enright WILL get a senior gig offer by the end of the year - praying he sticks around as I think he may just be our version of Leppitch.

Gresham will get offers too, he's not really a Ross type so unless he's absolutely loving it I could see him going, if not him a few of our peripheral players might get second chances, I could see seniors like Billings, Ross and Membrey getting big offers to finish their careers at new clubs - they might be tempted.

I'm just enjoying this too much to believe that we'll be able to keep it.
From what I’ve gathered Enright still partly lives in Geelong (kids schooling), commuting and the 2 days off after a match works for him. Intelligent, but very laid back character… doesn’t strike me as a natural senior coach but a high level 2IC. If Scott ever called time in Geelong, he’d probably be sounded out on a possible return to the cattery

Say King is good for 2 goals a game. Odd 3 or 4 goal games. Lets say he'd have 20 by end of this round, puts him 3rd in the Coleman right now which is fair I think.

The thought of King coming back gets me way too excited.

Your prediction there would also have us as the highest scoring team in the competition next to Geelong by round 6, and they have had the mulligan teams in 17th and 18th.

that 2009 659 was the 3rd highest at that point, crazy how much the game has changed in a decade, the entire top 8 was around 600-700

Motlop copped a ban for he's dangerous tackle on Doogs, which is about right going on the MRO this season.

What stinks about it was it wasn't even a free kick, think that says it all about the umpires efforts on Sunday.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Watching the replay BT suggested Dougs smashed his own head into the turf in an attempted to stage.
Incredible.

Watching the replay just confirmed what I thought…some very iffy frees to them, and a few non-calls to us.

And what’s with showing Ross so many times in the coaching box and not once a view of inside the Blues box? Very odd.

Watching the replay BT suggested Dougs smashed his own head into the turf in an attempted to stage.
Incredible.
Hard to think about something I've heard that is more stupid than that.

The umpires should also get a week for missing that.

Most of my non Saints mates said the umpires were going all Carltons way. I thought I was possibly biased but everyone is saying that we were copping it.

Also a more locked down era.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I'll tell you something for nothing, and this one goes out to any Blues lurkers;

For all those Carlton fans sniffing that they should have let Ross come in without the vetting process, and that he'd be whipping your talented bunch of confused drifters into a crack unit; NO he wouldn't.

If Ross had been accepted, he would have gone and done a half-arsed job like when Blighty came to Moorabbin, drawing the salary, popping down to Princes Park now and then for the odd press conference, mouth a few platitudes about how good X player is, how Y player is coming, but his heart wouldn't have been in it. He would have got you further than Voss the Dross is currently getting you, that's for sure, but would not have put his all into it. He would have worn a navy blue polo but still bled red, white and black.

He is a Saints man, he hated his legacy when he left, hated what happened to the club after he left, he never would have left if he hadn't been jerked around by the morons running the joint in 2012. Just as we were lost for 9 years after he left, he seems like he is back home now. Carlton would have just been another grift for him.

But that's ok, you did get one of our finest coaches in recent times and a self proclaimed "Carlton man" to boot. I sincerely hope Aaron Hamill stays with you until he retires because he seems to have brought the same effect he had on us to the Blues.

From CFC board.

" We deliver the ball into F50 in a reasonable manner we are 5 goals clear of these losers and it would be Ross the Boss crying in front of our 'wall'. "

To be 5 goals clear they would have needed 8 more freekicks in F50.

Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends
Forward 50 entries just happen to be the hardest part of the game to execute.

Totally clueless about football!

From CFC board.

" We deliver the ball into F50 in a reasonable manner we are 5 goals clear of these losers and it would be Ross the Boss crying in front of our 'wall'. "

To be 5 goals clear they would have needed 8 more freekicks in F50.

Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends

It’s almost like their entries were s*** because they were facing an opponent that had something to say about it 😆

Maybe playing against witches hats is more their speed.

It’s almost like their entries were s*** because they were facing an opponent that had something to say about it 😆

Maybe playing against witches hats is more their speed.
Would it be wrong of me to admit I'm looking forward to seeing what our system can do against a legitimate bottom-4 team when we play our upcoming games?

I turn off as soon as Kane Cornes starts talking. He’s a dead set idiot.

He's an offline internet troll.

He's made no secret that he's intentionally spouting garbage in order to rile up the great unwashed and make himself the centre of attention.

Who are the real idiots?

A: us (as a species)

My stab at the coaches votes

5 Sinclair 5 Sinclair
4 Cripps. 4 Cerra
3 Hill. 3 Cripps
2 Cerra. 2 Butler
1 Ross. 1 Marshall

I'm going with 1st being Ross as he would have loved Hills game and not rated Cerra as highly given stats padding. I went Ross over Marshall but they can swap. Reckon RTB would have rated Sebs overall game higher as RoMa needed to lift after his first half but then could be he liked that he did so gave him a vote for his 2nd half.

Autopsy Round 6, 2023: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back