Game Day Round 6 - Port vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Optimistic scenario: in Dixon’s absence, our forward line becomes a lot more dynamic and free scoring, with players leading into space, etc.

Pessimistic scenario: in Dixon’s absence, we instead bomb the ball on Sweet’s head 32 times for an outcome of 2 marks and 1 goal 1.
1.1 would be 1.1 more than Sweet has ever scored as second ruck before. I'd say that's optimistic if anything.

I'm afraid to believe and yet, just maybe...

Interested to see how Sweet goes. He's a big unit and 206cm with a bit of mongrel. And sitting in the goal square late, as the old saying goes, he won't get any smaller.

He'd go the biff with Billy, be like watching Mahney and Antrobus match up in the old days.

Optimistic scenario: in Dixon’s absence, our forward line becomes a lot more dynamic and free scoring, with players leading into space, etc.

Pessimistic scenario: in Dixon’s absence, we instead bomb the ball on Sweet’s head 32 times for an outcome of 2 marks and 1 goal 1.
Whats the Sportsbet odds for Moore to take 30 Marks?

I'm afraid to believe and yet, just maybe...

Interested to see how Sweet goes. He's a big unit and 206cm with a bit of mongrel. And sitting in the goal square late, as the old saying goes, he won't get any smaller.

He'd go the biff with Billy, be like watching Mahney and Antrobus match up in the old days.
Schulzenfest already has this experiment written off before it has begun.

Yeah I get he hates the idea and he may be right. We will probably go a bit smaller and more mobile, but occasionally have a resting ruck up there to disrupt their match ups. It's not something you would do for the whole game.

It's a pity Scully isn't quite ready.

Have a guy feeling we're going to pump them. A forward line with no Charlie Dixon means a functioning forward line, especially against Gump Frampton. I don't care if they're saying he's having a good season, he's always going to be blank shot billy to me. Win the midfield battle and we smoke them.

All I want to see is the ruckman playing out of the square and the CHF leading up creating separation between Frampton and Moore.

If Moore drops off use the CHF, if he leaves Frampton isolated take advantage. If we do this I will be happy regardless of the result because it will be a massive improvement in game plan that we have refused to make for a decade.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just realised we are missing out on Billy v Charlie show. That would have been an entertaining contest to watch.

It already begun at the Bulldogs and failed spectacularly. The 206 cm dinosaur is not suddenly going to become an effective forward in any system, let alone our system which emphasises mobility and defensive pressure.

Port by 5 points. We survive a late scare.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Pies are a point up with seconds remaining - one of their defenders dives on the ball, and holding the ball is paid against him. Georgiades then calmly slots the winner :).

It already begun at the Bulldogs and failed spectacularly. The 206 cm dinosaur is not suddenly going to become an effective forward in any system, let alone our system which emphasises mobility and defensive pressure.
Picking Sweet isnt about playing him forward to be a successful forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood by 58

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Picking Sweet isnt about playing him forward to be a successful forward.
We already have McEntee down there not being an effective forward, how many of these players are we supposed to carry?

You could add McEntee and Sweet's forward line output together and still probably not even end up with one adequate forward, let alone two. It's like we're a player down before the game even starts.

Big Billy Frampton to run riot on the GEE

We already have McEntee down there not being an effective forward, how many of these players are we supposed to carry?

You could add McEntee and Sweet's forward line output together and still probably not even end up with one adequate forward, let alone two. It's like we're a player down before the game even starts.
When Sweet isnt rucking he is basically on the bench apart from a few minutes here and there in the forward line to help with rotations.

When Sweet isnt rucking he is basically on the bench apart from a few minutes here and there in the forward line to help with rotations.
Which is also like being a player down. We can only ruck one of Soldo and Sweet at once. We're either wasting a forward line spot or wasting a bench rotation every minute of the game when they're both in the side.

Are we really expecting 206cm dinosaur Jordon Sweet to succeed in a role that dual All-Australian and well known for his mobility ruckman Brodie Grundy failed in? Because that's what we're asking him to do today.

Just remember Frampton is only playing as Murphy is not. He isn’t that mobile, he is tall with long arms.

If Marshall and MG actually deconflict their leads and Port actually kick to a leading player, it won’t allow the likes Howe and Moore to zone off.

Collingwood also won’t park the bus Freo style. So there should be more space and a prettier game to watch.

Which is also like being a player down. We can only ruck one of Soldo and Sweet at once. We're either wasting a forward line spot or wasting a bench rotation every minute of the game when they're both in the side.

Are we really expecting 206cm dinosaur Jordon Sweet to succeed in a role that dual All-Australian and well known for his mobility ruckman Brodie Grundy failed in? Because that's what we're asking him to do today.

Would not be surprised to see Soldo forward and Sweet 1st Ruck. Soldo is a half decent forward and Sweet probably matches him in the Ruck.

Thats bullshit, myoptic even bigotted analysis.

Sweet rucks the majority of the game because Soldo can play as a forward. Sweets' job is to do the majority of the rucking to neutralize not necesarily beat Cox and Cameron.

And every game there is some who only plays about 70% of the game and isnt subbed out. So a few players have ro play 3% more game time each because you ruck Sweet 60% of the game and give him a couple of 5% game time stints in the forwardline.

Your analysis is like sceeaming we're all gonna die, we're all gonna die, if we try something different.

This is the time of year to experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back