Game Day Round 6 - Port vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Sweet is useless. I think playing a second ruck is useless. It's like playing your second best goalkeeper as a striker and hoping they'll get on the end of a few crosses.

If Sweet has a shocker today it's not his fault. Or if we play Sweet as the #1 and Soldo has a shocker today, it's not his fault either.
Hyperbole at its finest.

I don't think Sweet is useless. I think playing a second ruck is useless. It's like playing your second best goalkeeper as a striker and hoping they'll get on the end of a few crosses.

If Sweet has a shocker today it's not his fault. Or if we play Sweet as the #1 and Soldo has a shocker today, it's not his fault either.
If Sweet compete hard, he can do no worse than a hobbling Dixon. He clunked a good one in the goal square last SANFL

Soldo has a bit of forward craft but what would you tell Sweet if he plonks down there for a few minutes? just hang deep?

Sweet is also starting ruck, soldo fwd. with the midifeld of Drew,butters and rozee. wines bench and JHF forward. the afl app updates 1hr before the bounce and the player positions are 100% accurate for the first bounce

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 12.36.59 pm.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 12.36.59 pm.png
    80 KB · Views: 14
If Sweet compete hard, he can do no worse than a hobbling Dixon. He clunked a good one in the goal square last SANFL
Dixon kicked 2 goals last week. Sweet has kicked 2 goals in his 11 game career. He absolutely can and will do worse than Dixon. I'd go far enough to say that if we'd played Sweet instead of Dixon last week we would have lost.

I think it’s a shocking move ,bringing him on as sub will have zero impact.
It’s like taking someone off and not replacing them.
yeah i totally agree, horrible move, but it potenitally means McEntee is closer to getting axed finally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dixon kicked 2 goals last week. Sweet has kicked 2 goals in his 11 game career. He absolutely can and will do worse than Dixon. I'd go far enough to say that if we'd played Sweet instead of Dixon last week we would have lost.
How about letting him play a damn game for us first.
Sheesh.

Hope Port win by enough to remove the umpires influence, but I can see a classic drop heads at bad decisions scenario coming.
Anyway, time to make some pizzas and put on Timmy and Tredders.

1713582880235.png

Not confident, but I really should be. Collingwood still not clicking and they had a week off last week, which is unlikely to help. A home crowd and umpiring will work in their favour, but as long as we haven't been told to "fear the G" we should get up.

Port by 10. Hope Sweet does enough to justify his selection (even though there was really no other option).

Not confident, but I really should be. Collingwood still not clicking and they had a week off last week, which is unlikely to help. A home crowd and umpiring will work in their favour, but as long as we haven't been told to "fear the G" we should get up.

Port by 10. Hope Sweet does enough to justify his selection (even though there was really no other option).
Sweet Desire 😂

Darcy Moore just said that Dixon is a huge out. Is the AFL World that deluded?

Saturday arvo, good weather at the MCG, big crowd, we don't win many of these type of games. A win will be a big thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back