Game Day Round 6 - Port vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats bullshit, myoptic even bigotted analysis.

Sweet rucks the majority of the game because Soldo can play as a forward. Sweets' job is to do the majority of the rucking to neutralize not necesarily beat Cox and Cameron.

And every game there is some who only plays about 70% of the game and isnt subbed out. So a few players have ro play 3% more game time each because you ruck Sweet 60% of the game and give him a couple of 5% game time stints in the forwardline.

Your analysis is like sceeaming we're all gonna die, we're all gonna die, if we try something different.

This is the time of year to experiment.
Thinking a guy who has spent his career to date failing in a two ruck set up is going to continue to fail in a two ruck setup is 'bigoted' is certainly a take. If two ruck setups worked for them Soldo and Sweet would still be at the Tigers and Dogs.

If we play Sweet in Dixon's spot we're making one position much worse. If we play Sweet as #1 ahead of Soldo and Soldo in Dixon's spot then we're making two positions worse. Either way we're a worse side than we were last week because we're playing Sweet.

Thinking a guy who has spent his career to date failing in a two ruck set up is going to continue to fail in a two ruck setup is 'bigoted' is certainly a take. If two ruck setups worked for them Soldo and Sweet would still be at the Tigers and Dogs.

If we play Sweet in Dixon's spot we're making one position much worse. If we play Sweet as #1 ahead of Soldo and Soldo in Dixon's spot then we're making two positions worse. Either way we're a worse side than we were last week because we're playing Sweet.
Of course we are a worse side than last week because Dixon is out.

Nobody who is available for selection is going to come in and cover him and make us as good. That's the starting point so you work around it

We rested Dixon because he is banged up. Its dopey ti bang up Soldo even more than we need to going up against Cox and Cemeron. Give him some assistance so that he isnt completely banged up un September.

Sweet doesnt have to dominate and beat his 2 ruck opponents, he has to compete and neutralize them. Lets find out if he is up to it.

Pressure’s on. Nervous about today, let’s not Josh Rachele this👀
Lol being nervous about a hinkley team. Just let the futility of it all wash over you.

Of course we are a worse side than last week because Dixon is out.

Nobody who is available for selection is going to come in and cover him and make us as good. That's the starting point so you work around it

We rested Dixon because he is banged up. Its dopey ti bang up Soldo even more than we need to going up against Cox and Cemeron. Give him some assistance so that he isnt completely banged up un September.

Sweet doesnt have to dominate and beat his 2 ruck opponents, he has to compete and neutralize them. Lets find out if he is up to it.
I have no issue playing Sweet if we're not also playing Soldo. If we want to rest Soldo, actually rest him. Playing in an AFL forward line is not a rest.

One of Sweet or Soldo is going to have to spend the majority of their time forward. We should be playing an actual forward instead. Even Frankie Evans or Tom Scully would be more chance of contributing up there.

Pies are a point up with seconds remaining - one of their defenders dives on the ball, and holding the ball is paid against him. Georgiades then calmly slots the winner :).

OMG yes please. Could you imagine the outrage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to be surprised by Sweet as much as I've canned him, not so much as a forward I just hope he's decent in ruck and gives the option of managing Soldo before he's a husk by the back end of the year.

I have to work this afternoon.
So I'll unfortunately miss scary game.
Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

I have no issue playing Sweet if we're not also playing Soldo. If we want to rest Soldo, actually rest him. Playing in an AFL forward line is not a rest.

One of Sweet or Soldo is going to have to spend the majority of their time forward. We should be playing an actual forward instead. Even Frankie Evans or Tom Scully would be more chance of contributing up there.
Soldo isn't as banged up as Dixon is, so he doesn't need as big a rest as Dixon. If Soldo is spending 30-40% time in the ruck, not 80-90% in the ruck, then he is getting a decent rest whilst still being able to contribute.

If Lord was fit I would have picked him in front of Sweet, but he isn't. If Scully was ready I would have picked him, but he isn't. They have told Visentini he isn't ready, by recruiting Sweet. Evans isnt going to help us in match ups with Collingwood tall defenders.

Soldo has taken 3 marks inside 50 and kicked 3 goals this year. We are going to bomb it inside 50, just like we have for the last 11.25 Hinkley seasons, despite no Dixon. We need a target and given who is injured, Soldo is our best bet.

And if Sweet ends up being useless like you automatically assume, then you sub him off after half time.

And if Sweet ends up being useless like you automatically assume, then you sub him off after half time.
I don't think Sweet is useless. I think playing a second ruck is useless. It's like playing your second best goalkeeper as a striker and hoping they'll get on the end of a few crosses.

If Sweet has a shocker today it's not his fault. Or if we play Sweet as the #1 and Soldo has a shocker today, it's not his fault either.

Lol being nervous about a hinkley team. Just let the futility of it all wash over you.
But just think... we could win this game, go on to win a bunch of other h&a games, gather some real momentum in to September before embarrasingly losing a home final!

Or... we could lose this game, but then turn it around by beating up other lower ranked teams, and gather some real momentum in to September before embarrasingly losing a home final!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back