Preview Round 6 v Melbourne MCG Monday April 24th 7.25pm - ANZAC Eve

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should just accept that we are losing the taps and rucks and just aim to make sure they dont get easy marks on the wing. Anything else is going to be a rough time for us.
Nank normally loses the ruck against Gawn anyway. Miller needs to just run and jump at Gawn/Grundy in the centre ruck then immediately play as a defender. If he can keep those two reasonably quiet that would be a positive. I don't care if he doesn't get any stats other than tackles and spoils.

Agree but do you think Dimma will do it?
I wondered if Dimma will rest Grimes this week too. Grimes certainly looked either injured or cooked last week. To be fair, the totally unpressured entries into a wide-open Swans forward line didn't make his life easy. Obviously Dimma would prefer to wait until Broad comes back but he still has the option of moving KMac back and putting Rossy on the wing. Bruer could be used as 23 man in case we are getting smashed either forward or back.

Good ins
Just not sure MRJ adds any value to the team just yet. He runs around to pressure the ball carrier but more often than not misses the tackle or is too late!
Still a kid but we need a small forward who can crumb, kick goals and apply pressure.

Go tiges

totally love MRJ when he runs em down! but... not so flash when he bounces off them or grubbers kick.
He is developing, just need to make sure he improves, can do in the VFL or 1s depending on needs of the 1s.
Happy for any of the returnings to come back thru the 2s, although were getting beat, at least mostly competitive, with a fair few youngsters in the squad, happy for that to continue while it has to anyway..More Debutants!

Would like to see us win more than 1 q of football in a game at some stage

I’m confused about what we are doing with Cotchin, if we are going to rest him, then give a proper rest and not only partially commit by naming him as the sub or subbing him off. We did it properly with Jack and he came back and had a great game against the swans, yes there were mitigating circumstances in that the swans didn’t have a key back, but jacks spring and leaping was back and he looked fresh.

Almost feels like we're doing to him what we did to Edwards last season and nursing him to 300. I still think Cotch as a super sub is worth it though.

Good ins
Just not sure MRJ adds any value to the team just yet. He runs around to pressure the ball carrier but more often than not misses the tackle or is too late!
Still a kid but we need a small forward who can crumb, kick goals and apply pressure.

Go tiges
Would love to have a bloke like the one who killed us last week at the feet of Lynch.

Zero expectations this week. Which is rare as I normally form some sort of opinion as to how I expect us to play.

Wait I lied.
I expect effort and improved skills.

Other than that, im just excited to see Sonsie and the other kids play.
*if Sonsie gets dropped dont talk to me.

Kick the ball to grass inside 50. FFS under no circumstance kick long bombs in the air, we'll get killed.
Kick it to grass. We know Lever (esp) and May are slow and weak on ground balls under pressure.
We are awesome in that area with Bolton, Cumbo, MRJ, Dusty...
Kick it to grass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpires
Brett Rosebury (8),Robert O'Gorman (10),Curtis Deboy (11),Jamie Broadbent (20)

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency
How many times do we have to suffer the Deboy O’Gorman double whammy

Kick the ball to grass inside 50. FFS under no circumstance kick long bombs in the air, we'll get killed.
Kick it to grass. We know Lever (esp) and May are slow and weak on ground balls under pressure.
We are awesome in that area with Bolton, Cumbo, MRJ, Dusty...
Kick it to grass.
tenor-3397997491.gif

I dunno. I reckon we would have heard about it by now if he was going to debut but I could be wrong.
Teams not announced until 5pm tomorrow so not necessarily.
We need more marking power thats for sure.
Yeah. Might free up Vlastuin a bit.
How many times do we have to suffer the Deboy O’Gorman double whammy
It's BS.
Oliver covid

Hopefully he's spread it through the whole group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back