Preview Round 6 v Melbourne MCG Monday April 24th 7.25pm - ANZAC Eve

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Cruise What GIF
Broads back, lets celebrate

we're making our young players scapegoats for our experience lads who are letting us down bigtime weekly that's the real problem.
UntidyShallowAmericanbadger-max-1mb.gif

ross will surely walk next year. you drop a kid called sonsie who can get the footy and use the footy. muarice someone tell me what he is giving this year? holds onto the ball too long and is not playing the role. cotch has to go, grow some balls and drop him, make a statement about our future.

We’ve got 8 x players under 25-games after 9 last week. We are already well over the tipping point with kids in the side. Cotchin is a great player and very proud, and whilst I can’t see us winning this week I bet he will have a good game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s not sugar coat it too much … Sonsie had 5 touches in the first half last week, same as Cotchin.

Last week we fielded 9 x players under 25-games, whereby it’s nigh on impossible to compete for a full game against a good team.

With MRJ needed for forward line pressure we needed to omit a couple of youngsters, so we now have 8 under 25-games, which is still far too many, but that’s our lot at the moment.

What about our senior players continually killing us weekly through let's not turn a blind eye premiership players or not.
I hope the riot act was read out this week. Discipline, skill errors, inconsistent effort. If the hunger isn’t there they need to step aside. Need to set an example.

Ps. By setting an example I meant that the senior players need to be setting examples to the younger players.

If there are any not willing to do that, then they shouldn’t be there. I don’t like pointing the finger (not that anyone cares what I think) but the disparity of having fans of other teams talk about how amazing we look when we pile on goals vs only winning 7 quarters this season which is equal last in the league. That is on top of the inconsistency and lack of leadership last year.

Last edited:
Our experience players are all down on form……
we deserve to be where we are atm. Truth sucks.
Down on form but high in giving away the ball with either basic skill errors and/or stupid frees and 50s.

And most of these mistakes are coming from experienced senior players (who obviously retain their spots in the side regardless).

We’ve got 8 x players under 25-games after 9 last week. We are already well over the tipping point with kids in the side. Cotchin is a great player and very proud, and whilst I can’t see us winning this week I bet he will have a good game.

its the future mate, I love cotch but his time is up

its the future mate, I love cotch but his time is up
I know its bigfooty and the club is going poorly. Cotchin re signed for the season based on last year's form and injury status maybe he has value to the group as a manifestation of club culture. I think Ross was probably good enough to play instead of him. Ross probably gets squeezed out of the best 22.
I can't imagine the club all of a sudden do a back flip and don't select Cotchin.
Sonsie was good last year and is our future. The club is already resting Cotch and Jack. I haven't seen the game yet and don't like dropping young players.

Personnel transition is never perfect. But don't want to go sacking legends either. Grimes form is a bit average too and I kinda hope he stands aside.. but I am not in the footy club so I don't know the machinations

If the club think the 300 games is important then I'll get joy out of seeing Cotch play.

The team is playing like crap.. but playing a lot of kids already..
Bauer getting named in the 26 was good for him. Ryan getting a baptism. Young has been good..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back