Preview Round 6 v Melbourne MCG Monday April 24th 7.25pm - ANZAC Eve

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ffs no sonsie or ross and short has been terrible as has junior. lost at selection.

Last weeks activated substitute, Maurice Rioli, has been named in the starting 22.

Short and Rioli replace Hugo Ralpshmith and Tyler Sonsie, who have both been omitted.

Speaking to the media on Saturday morning, coach Damien Hardwick said Short would bring invaluable "voice and experience" to the team.

CBAs - DFS Australia

Sonsie being dropped does make sense from a balance perspective, he only had 7% and 13% CBA attendance against the dogs and swans. MRJ offers better balance through his speed and pressure than sonsie in the forward line/ around the ground. Also probably means Shai spends more time on ball. I think if you want to play Sonsie you probably can't play cotchin/prestia

ffs no sonsie or ross and short has been terrible as has junior. lost at selection.

Last weeks activated substitute, Maurice Rioli, has been named in the starting 22.

Short and Rioli replace Hugo Ralpshmith and Tyler Sonsie, who have both been omitted.

Speaking to the media on Saturday morning, coach Damien Hardwick said Short would bring invaluable "voice and experience" to the team.
Short hasn't been terrible at all. Plus it looks like he'll be back to playing in his best position of half back.

CBAs - DFS Australia

Sonsie being dropped does make sense from a balance perspective, he only had 7% and 13% CBA attendance against the dogs and swans. MRJ offers better balance through his speed and pressure than sonsie in the forward line/ around the ground. Also probably means Shai spends more time on ball. I think if you want to play Sonsie you probably can't play cotchin/prestia
easy you drop cotch

CBAs - DFS Australia

Sonsie being dropped does make sense from a balance perspective, he only had 7% and 13% CBA attendance against the dogs and swans. MRJ offers better balance through his speed and pressure than sonsie in the forward line/ around the ground. Also probably means Shai spends more time on ball
Was thinking similar
Sonsie is a mid but hasn’t really been utilised as one at afl level
Moved into the midfield after Cotch got subbed last week so I dare say it come down to Cotch v Sonsie for that last spot

Would probably still go Ross for the sub personally just because he has a little more versatility and just give Sonsie the on ball role in the vfl until he’s back in the side

Doubt he will be out for long

Why the **** would you drop sonsie if anything fair enough hrs dropped why isn’t Ross getting a game you watch he will leave at the end of the year for more opportunities we will trade him for nothing and he will flourish

Why the * would you drop sonsie if anything fair enough hrs dropped why isn’t Ross getting a game you watch he will leave at the end of the year for more opportunities we will trade him for nothing and he will flourish
Ross is still contracted for next year so I doubt he would leave this year
Gives him another season to see where he sits once a few more older guys move out of the side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks I must have missed it I was going to blow a valve.
Don’t worry I would of as well if young had been cut
Been a revelation for us down back

Unfortunately Sonsie got dropped but I can also see the thinking behind it as well
Doubt he will be out of the side for long

Round 6, Richmond v Melbourne, Monday, April 24, 7:25pm (AEST), MCG

In:
Jayden Short
Out: Hugo Ralphsmith (omitted), Tyler Sonsie (omitted)

BacksTylar Young45Dylan Grimes2Noah Balta21
Half-BacksDaniel Rioli 17Nick Vlastuin1Jayden Short15
CentrelineKamdyn McIntosh33Tim Taranto14Marlion Pickett50
Half-ForwardsTrent Cotchin9Dustin Martin4Rhyan Mansell31
ForwardsBen Miller46Noah Cumberland38Jack Riewoldt8
FollowersSamson Ryan32Jacob Hopper22Shai Bolton29
Interchange:Liam Baker7Dion Prestia3Judson Clarke42
Maurice Rioli10
Emergencies:Tyler Sonsie40Jack Ross5Jacob Bauer43
Hugo Ralphsmith13

Short hasn't been terrible at all. Plus it looks like he'll be back to playing in his best position of half back.

Teams going well this year all seem to have decent kicks coming out of the backline… surprise surprise.

Hopefully Short will take the majority of kick-ins or be the first target from the kick-in

ross will surely walk next year. you drop a kid called sonsie who can get the footy and use the footy. muarice someone tell me what he is giving this year? holds onto the ball too long and is not playing the role. cotch has to go, grow some balls and drop him, make a statement about our future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back