Game Day Round 6 vs. Port Adelaide, MCG, 1:45pm Sat 20/04

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not really a game preview post….
I’m wondering where the shepherd (block) has gone????
It’s annoying watching a player run with another player with the ball and let the opposition go past them and put pressure on the ball carrier, in the hope they get a handball (which would only put them under pressure), if they just shepherd it would be better for the whole team.

I want more shepherds from our team and not have players look at the ball expecting the other to get it and pass it, shepherd and call the team mate to the ball or shepherd and tell the team mate the have a bit more time and space.

It’s annoying watching a player run with another player with the ball and let the opposition go past them and put pressure on the ball carrier, in the hope they get a handball (which would only put them under pressure), if they just shepherd it would be better for the whole team.

I want more shepherds from our team and not have players look at the ball expecting the other to get it and pass it, shepherd and call the team mate to the ball or shepherd and tell the team mate the have a bit more time and space.
We need our shepherds to lead the flock to back to back.

Shall we start guessing who the sub is?

It'll be from the bench.

We can assume WHE. He is versatile.
It may or may not mean anything (so don't yell at me lol) but those in the B team that are named on the bench are Mitchell and IQ.
WHE. Hill. Reef were all in black.
Has to be Wilba out of those named on the bench. And as you say he's also the most versatile, so a good choice as sub anyway.

It'll be from the bench.

It may or may not mean anything (so don't yell at me lol) but those in the B team that are named on the bench are Mitchell and IQ.
Wilbur is the one who makes the most sense from the bench group.

No confidence this week.
Port have played one game at the G this year.
A five goal loss to Richmond. That side who just got flogged by West coast.

We win this.

It'll be from the bench.

WHE seems to be the logical option but who knows

I'm surprised he's not the sub more regularly purely due to his versatility

That's our most senior team available and closest to last year sans our book ends Murphy and McStay with Schulz for Adams. We've been ultra conservative so far but if we don't win this one the axe has to come out.

That's our most senior team available and closest to last year sans our book ends Murphy and McStay with Schulz for Adams. We've been ultra conservative so far but if we don't win this one the axe has to come out.
No, the axe does not have to come out.

Nothing is absolute

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll be from the bench.

I’d go Bobby. Or WHE.

Personally would have gone Pendles with a short break to Anzac Day

Will that require our players to have both arms wide apart like we used to shepherd in the old days, if so, I think we would have a lot of broken arms

Win this and there’s still a chance to build confidence. Right at the precipice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back