Game Day Round 6 vs. Port Adelaide, MCG, 1:45pm Sat 20/04

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not really a game preview post….
I’m wondering where the shepherd (block) has gone????
It’s annoying watching a player run with another player with the ball and let the opposition go past them and put pressure on the ball carrier, in the hope they get a handball (which would only put them under pressure), if they just shepherd it would be better for the whole team.

I want more shepherds from our team and not have players look at the ball expecting the other to get it and pass it, shepherd and call the team mate to the ball or shepherd and tell the team mate the have a bit more time and space.
Yes the shepherd as I knew it is not seen as much these days. They seem to be used leading in to marking contests more. Frankly I’d like to see this part of our game policed a bit more. I reckon they get away with too much in this area. Poor bloody umps.

Yes the shepherd as I knew it is not seen as much these days. They seem to be used leading in to marking contests more. Frankly I’d like to see this part of our game policed a bit more. I reckon they get away with too much in this area. Poor bloody umps.
Agree, if you don't intend on contesting the mark, then you can't initiate contact in the marking contest - too many players initiate contact with no intention of contesting the mark (I'd include a spoil attempt as contesting the mark)

Good that it's after the seniors so we'll have a better idea who might be in doubt and thus who to rest.
I probably would have marginally preferred a Thursday night VFL fixture because it means they’ll have potentially missed playing 2 of the 3 weeks prior to the biggest H&A fixture of the season. Considering that wasn’t really an option this is the next best outcome.

I’d like to see Crisp in the middle this week and matched with Rozee as much as we can (Rozee sweeps the back of stoppages a lot and break defensive lines as a result), and Nick predominately at half back going into the sweeper role for us himself. Would counter their speed with ours.

Proving my point…

But again, can easily ignore stuff you don’t like
Um, you don't like jmac criticising the broken record troll yet you can't ignore him doing so. If you can't ignore what you don't like why do you expect him to? ;)

Apparantely no Harrison or Sullivan on the VFL team sheet (thanks to my friend who works at coburg)
In that case, given HH was in black yesterday. a late out, he would be the inclusion.
Also prob to do with the fact with the short turnaround to anzac day

Apparantely no Harrison or Sullivan on the VFL team sheet (thanks to my friend who works at coburg)
In that case, given HH was in black yesterday. a late out, he would be the inclusion.
That might explain HH up forward yesterday (?) and Shoota named in the midfield

You’re fast.

Paul Amy reported Parker’s debuting and I’ve never felt more excited for a ressies debut.

I also anticipate we’ll be blooding Sullivan soon because he’s got a great foundation.

Newby here looking for some advice, I was hoping to bring a American couple of mates along and purchase GA tix for them, but it looks as though it's almost sold out. Or is ticktek holding back tickets to create demand? Hard to believe a home game vs P.A would sell out. T.I.A

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, if you don't intend on contesting the mark, then you can't initiate contact in the marking contest - too many players initiate contact with no intention of contesting the mark (I'd include a spoil attempt as contesting the mark)
Absolutely. Players get lauded for blocking by commentators regularly and they’ve become pretty good at disguising their intentions. It’s also something that is well coached and all teams do it. I’m just old enough to remember free kicks against for very similar things. Perhaps it’s something that’s crept across from basketball similar to how zones have been adopted from other sports. Crazily ruckmen are being penalised consistently for blocking in a two man contest which often leaves both the players and spectators baffled.

That might explain HH up forward yesterday (?) and Shoota named in the midfield
Schulz didn't train in the midfield though. Lippa did, so prob swap them around. HH goes into the HF where Lippa is named, and Lippa into pendles midfield role? If of course there is a late out.

Newby here looking for some advice, I was hoping to bring a American couple of mates along and purchase GA tix for them, but it looks as though it's almost sold out. Or is ticktek holding back tickets to create demand? Hard to believe a home game vs P.A would sell out. T.I.A
It would not be a sell out. No way.

Welcome aboard👍. Hopefully Coxy turns it on big time for your American mates😀

It would not be a sell out. No way.

I continue to have a 11 game season ticket but as a regional member I got out of traveling down to Melbourne to watch games when the government started it's level crossing removal program and buses began to regularly replace trains on the Gippsland line.

I hate long distance bus travel while even on trains getting home alone at 1am after a night game no longer holds much appeal (especially in the middle of winter).

Alas I haven't been to a game in years and have got comfortable being comfortable watching from home.

However I would like to make an effort sometime this season and was wondering have the days gone whereby you can just roll up on the day, swipe your membership card and be certain of a seat somewhere on level 4 in one of the stands? I'm not picky.

Obviously I know finals and games like Anzac day are full ticketed but surely a home game against Port at the G doesn't require such a thing when only 60 (last year) to 65k are likely to be in attendance.

Having to increasingly paying ticketing fees for more games (that end up with 20K+ vacant seats) is another annoyance when you've already paid for your entrance via a membership.

Hope they rest Pendles and give Macrae or Sullivan a go… but only if they start and play as a mid
I want them to make it as much as the next guy, but these BigFooty obsessions sometimes get tedious.

We need to get wins on the board and Pendles is the guy to get the job done. Do you really think we should just throw these guys into the guts for Butters and Rozee to smash them and completely demolish their confidence?

Yeah that’s right. If there is a late out. One of the emgs goes into the 23 with Sullivan onto the emg list.
Will be an interesting 24hrs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My money is it's simply being because they're holding HH and Sullivan over from the VFL in case they're needed for ANZAC Day - captain's run plus an extended session in lieu of a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back