Preview Round 7, 2020: Hawthorn v Melbourne, 19 July 2020, 3.35pm @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely they would want to promote a father son getting a game
Possibly but you could say the same about our highest draft pick in 637 years. We play Sunday so our final team is not even locked in until Friday, could definitely get an announcement tomorrow if it is going to happen.

Don’t care who plays it’s more of a mindset change I want to see ..... be brave, put your bodies on the line and take the game on boys for fk sake. This makes it harder for sides to set up against and it will open up and create opportunities in the forward line! If we turn it over occasionally don’t care just keep going at least you are trying to win the game. We have been so so cautious, watching the last two weeks has been nothing less then horrendous!!!!!

If we put in the same, timid slow movement from the backline like the last two weeks we will get rolled by most sides.

I don't see any need for Hartley or any kpd's adding to our current set up. Run and gun Backman are the way to go these days.
Hardwick Frawley Stratton
Sicily Frost Day

Get Impey and scrimshaw back and we will be moving the ball lot more smoothly and efficiently. No need for another KPp down back. The last two weeks the talls of Giants and pies have scored majority of the goals so obviously it's not working having a tall lumbering back line anyway.
Bite the bullet clarko, youth brings energy and a brighter future, keep day and Morris in plus add either Jones or Finn.

Henderson has been played out of position this year. Add to that the sh*t dimensions of Giants Stadium, hasn’t helped his running game. Even Smith has struggled as well. They’re best games have been at the MCG this year.
Smith is averaging 21 touches don’t think he has struggled at all. Has been in our best most weeks

Be a very interesting week at selection. There are many if's but's and maybe's.

However, I'd assume Burgs come back based on Clarko's comment's last week, but if Puopolo isn't dropped for him I have no idea where we are going.
I'll be honest on that. We ain't winning a GF with two of them in the team anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't let my actions bother you to much.

I am excited to see how the team looks without a Ruckmen in defence. I wish Cegs a full and speedy recovery:)
Loving a post about a Hawks player getting injured and missing a game is probably not the way to express your excitement about that possibility 😉

Loving a post about a Hawks player getting injured and missing a game is probably not the way to express your excitement about that possibility 😉
I can change to a like for you 🙃

Any word if Lewis is available this wk? or is this why Brooksby has been mentioned..

Last edited:
Tweet since deleted
70545b713e5e4e5e39b4fe5ff7e1a09b.jpg

Is a like more apporitate? I can do that for you 🙃

Any word if Lewis is available this wk? or is this why Brooksby has been mentioned..
Lewis is a test, turned out to not be a hammy, no certainty to play though

We don't need to bring lewis in for ceglar we need to become smaller all over the ground. Lewis comes in for O'Brien only , playing chf and short pinch hits in the ruck . Gunston at ff is where he should play every week I hate seeing him played all over the ground.

Hardwick frawley stratton
Sicily frost day

Smith Mitchell Morrison

Burgoyne Lewis Morris
Wingard gunston Moore

Mcevoy, o'meara, worpel

Shiels , jones , minchington , cj

Add to that the sh*t dimensions of Giants Stadium, hasn’t helped his running game.

This has been my biggest issue with why there is congestion in the AFL.

The AFL have basically built under 9 midget stadiums from the 80's everywhere including etihad sorry marvel.

Every time you build a smaller stadium than Fitzroy Reds (I'll leave it up to the historical Victorians to work out where it is) you congest the game.

How do you uncongest the game... set the MCG as the minimum standard.

Never saw a congested game at VFL park in my life, Marvel always regarded it as a toy ground, to find out Adelaide, GWS aren't even close is the reason we have an issue. It's an AFL orchestrated issue by building smaller grounds.

If players have less space to work in they will be more crowded, which causes more congestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back