AFLW Round 7 - 2024 AFLW season (Tues 8th - Sun 13th Oct)

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo was 4 goals with the wind, but I think it’s after the Ess game that he’s gone back to it.
GWS aren’t a strong team.
I think Stinear’s flood is back and he’d rather do that to try and fall into finals finishing 8th rather than giving players in game exp in different positions and trying to develop what players he has.

I think with Lambert out it’ll be a close game and he might not start off that way.
But Stinear’s negative football is coming.
Lambert will be playing this Sunday, her charge for rough conduct was dismissed at the tribunal.

Freo was 4 goals with the wind, but I think it’s after the Ess game that he’s gone back to it.
GWS aren’t a strong team.
He's doing what he should be doing. Try and get as many wins as he can before the injured troops arrive and they can make a run. They're playing a better team away from home - only chance is to make it a scrap and hope you get lucky (which they did).

perfect conditions and 2 of the 3 goals scored all game are from 50m penalties.

The disparity in the comp is making a lot of the games torture to watch. The difference between watching North/Brisbane and Dogs/GC/Carlton is cavernous.

You have to imagine the heavy workload/midweek games is taking it’s toll but in a marquee fixture in the dead time before cricket kicks off they need to capitalise and once again the AFLW management has been found wanting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the back page of the paper this morning.
“The most putrid game of football ever”.

It’s not a big surprise to me that Tamara Hyett, Stinear’s backline coach at Melb for the last four years serves up that sh.t.

4000 people AT that game watching that sh.t.

Hyett:
We’re disappointed
Did a lot of things right defensively for the first three quarters
It looked how we wanted it to look pre-game
We’re in a strong education phase.

Hyatt on her appointment as coach:

There’s some really exciting talent here and it’s really refreshing too. I’m just really excited about the current group.

“The upcoming season is unwritten, and it’s all unknown – that’s what is really exciting. We can shape our own narrative.”

Rubbish.

All she knows is negative football, bulldogs ave less than 25 points a game.

The Fri night showcase game, 4000 crowd. How many kids would walk away wanting to play that sh.t?
Or how much of that crowd would be tripping over themselves to get to another game?

Where is the merit in an approach like that to the game?
Bulldogs ave less than 25 points a game and that’s how you improve?

The Ninth season of AFLW and that’s what we’re watching.

The Stinear legacy, it’s damaging the brand.

perfect conditions and 2 of the 3 goals scored all game are from 50m penalties.

The disparity in the comp is making a lot of the games torture to watch. The difference between watching North/Brisbane and Dogs/GC/Carlton is cavernous.

You have to imagine the heavy workload/midweek games is taking it’s toll but in a marquee fixture in the dead time before cricket kicks off they need to capitalise and once again the AFLW management has been found wanting
The thing is, it's the coaches doing it, not the players.
Look at the hawks last yr vs this yr for example

I get the desire from coaches to try and stem bleeding and mitigate losses, especially when you in the position of Gold Coast, Collingwood,the Bulldogs and to a lesser extent GWS and West Coast, where you know it's going to at least a couple of years of rebuilding and development. And I do understand that ultimately, coaches care about winning, not necessarily how attractive their game plan is, because their success and whether they keep their job is based on wins/losses not flair.

But when you see what the teams at the top of the ladder are doing (look at North, Brisbane, Adelaide and to a lesser extent Hawthorn and even Port Adelaide) and you see how they play, wouldn't you be better off working towards going down that path? Yeah it'll take time to adapt, and yes you'll turn it over and you'll lose games early. But it's not like what the bottom teams are doing now is working, and all it's doing is not incentivisng players to want to stay.or attracting players to come to you.

On the back page of the paper this morning.
“The most putrid game of football ever”.

It’s not a big surprise to me that Tamara Hyett, Stinear’s backline coach at Melb for the last four years serves up that sh.t.

4000 people AT that game watching that sh.t.

Hyett:
We’re disappointed
Did a lot of things right defensively for the first three quarters
It looked how we wanted it to look pre-game
We’re in a strong education phase.

Hyatt on her appointment as coach:

There’s some really exciting talent here and it’s really refreshing too. I’m just really excited about the current group.

“The upcoming season is unwritten, and it’s all unknown – that’s what is really exciting. We can shape our own narrative.”

Rubbish.

All she knows is negative football, bulldogs ave less than 25 points a game.

The Fri night showcase game, 4000 crowd. How many kids would walk away wanting to play that sh.t?
Or how much of that crowd would be tripping over themselves to get to another game?

Where is the merit in an approach like that to the game?
Bulldogs ave less than 25 points a game and that’s how you improve?

The Ninth season of AFLW and that’s what we’re watching.

The Stinear legacy, it’s damaging the brand.
Didn't the Stinear Dees have the highest pts for in history at the end of last year's H&A? And 2nd highest the year before in their flag year (100 more than 3rd placed Adelaide)?

The correlation seems to be teams that are struggling in general don't score much and games are scrappy (surprise) rather than any particular Stinear philosophy.

I agree completely.

The players are rightfully exhausted after playing a ridiculous schedule, and the coaches are too short sighted to realise that their “tactics” are ruining the game for so many.

It’s her first year and she’s probably hit her targets re win loss but the dogs coach should be embarrassed with the plan she put out last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Round 7 - 2024 AFLW season (Tues 8th - Sun 13th Oct)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back