AFLW Round 7 - 2024 AFLW season (Tues 8th - Sun 13th Oct)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm should've already put this one to bed Freo. Little would surprise after last week's lost, but failure to hold on to a Q4 lead v Carlton would certainly put that to the test.

How annoying if this Fremantle team makes the top 8 instead of say St Kilda with a newly returned Georgia Patrikios. Or Melbourne with the likes of Purcell and Zanker back. Teams that could actually be interesting to watch in finals rather than guaranteed easy beats.

People say there's no depth in this league but there must be heaps if Eliza West can't get a game in Melbourne's midfield and deemed surplus to requirements during the off-season. Frontrunner for Hawks BnF.

Real midfield bull too.
I think a few teams have gone the way of the mens game and get spooked by short playera

Real midfield bull too.
I think a few teams have gone the way of the mens game and get spooked by short playera
Pretty impressive she gets voted in as VC after a month or two training at the Hawks.
Reckon she might enjoy the opportunity to end Melbourne’s season in a cpl of weeks.

What's interesting about it? How does this even work? How are you generating extras in front of the ball? If you push numbers forward, won't the opposition just defend them?
I took it more as promoting risk taking in their coaching.

Have players flying through the contest instead of parking an extra deep in defence. There’s a myriad of reasons AFLW is experiencing somewhat of a plateau, and the coaches need to play their part in enabling and encouraging more exciting football.

Friday night was a stalemate where the dogs dropped 2 behind the ball and essendon were happy to leave it so they also had 2 behind the ball. Man up the 2 and make it 8 vs 8, shuffle things around, put your extras at the stoppage, try something different

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Round 7 - 2024 AFLW season (Tues 8th - Sun 13th Oct)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back