Game Day Round 7, 2024 : Hawks v Swans, 4pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We've had a 24 point turn around from umpires.

Of course Chol did himself no favours but seriously. How many times does Sicily get dumped into the ground for nothing?

Closer than the scoreboard suggests.

Our pressure has been very good but it will be hard to maintain if we keep bleeding goals.

Need to lower our eyes going inside 50. No chance with these floaters.

Time to sub out the umpires. They can take on the tackle then drop it and it’s play on. Get ****ed you cheats.

Great pressure but our skills are not good enough under pressure at the moment. Some very weak efforts from
Chol.

When Newcombe and Nash get burnt in the middle we loose out, both need to be on the move at stoppages, Newcombe doesn’t mind planting his feet and doing a head check right as his player is coming in on the move

The past few years we have given away so many goals, giving free away those dumb off the ball free kicks, but to do it lining up for a goal :straining:

Chill out on Chol. He's literally our only tall and we keep high balling it to him. He's been poor so far but so have quite a few. Gunston hasn't touched the ball yet I don't think?

His free kick was as soft as butter and if it happened the other way the umpire would have conveniently lost his whistle.

Pressure in the forward line and midfield has been poor early. They are controlling the ball and moving it with ease. We are trying to counter their game plan but we don't look comfortable doing so. Seeing a lot of pointing and directing to players to get into position, hopefully as the game goes on we'll start to see it all clicks.

Definitely shouldn't be 4 goals down though, scoreboard flattering the Swans early.

Can we at least try and distract the player taking the shot on goal, instead of just standing there and watching it sail over your head. Shits me to tears when we do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from the dumb free kick, chols position and body work has been really bad so far.
Yep, I mentioned it in the Chol thread but backed off. But this game has me thinking I was right, He's really weak in the contest, no strength laterally or stopping power. He runs straight lines and that's it. You're better off kicking it way out in front or over his head and letting him run back on it paddock style.

Chol is having a bad quarter. 3x out marked cleanly and giving away a team goal really hurts.
The scary starts are contested marks 5-1, Inside 50 marks 6-1.
Across the ground we are keeping up in clearances but have limited options to break a contest down the line or secure a ball up forward of center.

You just can't compete when the umpires go in with a preconceived notion on teams.

Until we get better we're going to have to cop this umpiring every week.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back