Game Day Round 7 - Geelong v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just about to open that....

Well played...

Make this one count!!! There will be a lot written and spoken about this game's result either way. We are pretenders or contenders.

I know what I want to be

and Go Catters.

The big shame is win at home and the focus goes onto West Coast's ability to win on the road rather than us. Hiding to nothing really.

That said in the big scheme of things these are the ones to win, get the highest ladder position you can and avoid going anywhere bar the MCG in September.

Excited for today, and with both teams having a bit to prove (can WCE win away? how do we stack up against quality opposition?) it should make for a great game.

Not expecting our rucks to dominate, but if they can stay ultra-competitive it'll help.

My confidence comes from our backs and midfield. Both much improved on last season, which is why I'm being cautiously optimistic. Cats by 18. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
In a way not being at the G may tell us more , our ground has less room and may suit WC ...and over in Adelaide... Very tough tasks imo.. but finals are dependant on finishing position.. we may have to play away from the G.
One thing is for sure ... we have been under the radar till now... after the next two games..we will crystallise where we sit in peoples mind. Confirm their doubts or start to raise our our status.
Exactly turbo! It's an open yr really. Respect to the hawks of course, but i go into each game open minded but quietly confident we can beat them.
You only have to read henderson's puff piece on afl.com he's in a better plc because of the blokes around him, and learning more and loving it. Get over today and in brian taylor's words boi oh boi what a game we have next week.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Excited for today, and with both teams having a bit to prove (can WCE win away? how do we stack up against quality opposition?) it should make for a great game.

Not expecting our rucks to dominate, but if they can stay ultra-competitive it'll help.

My confidence comes from our backs and midfield. Both much improved on last season, which is why I'm being cautiously optimistic. Cats by 18. :thumbsu:
Was thinking about the bolded last night. The additions of Dangerfield and Henderson are huge in these "big" games, as well as our older defenders having great seasons to date. Am confident we have enough quality talls in Lonergan, Henderson and Taylor to combat the impressive Eagles forwards. LeCras always worries me-not sure if Mackie, Enright or maybe even Ruggles goes to him.

It's blowing a gale at my place this morning. Could see some lopsided goal:behind ratios today if it keeps up.

Of course if we win this convincingly, the onus of the win will be on how WC is weak opposition and how we have not proven ourselves yet. Perhaps we are truly a contender, perhaps not. I can see why some wouldn't be so quick to place their faith in the club after a heartbreaking few years. The next 2 weeks will be telling for us; I think we are more than capable of triumphing over both sides - we are the real deal and we will prove it.

Cats by 25

While we probably won't win the ruck contest, limiting the Eagles ability to get easy ball from the center bounce and round the ground is going to be important in stopping them gaining momentum during the match. Our players will also need to be aware that if Nic Nat isn't able to palm it down to the likes of Shuey and Priddis he might just start thumping it long in the Eagles direction, so we need our mids especially to not get sucked in to the contest, keep on their player and keep some spread to not allow easy ball from the fringe of contests.

And I hope guys like Hawkins and Kerston take last weeks momentum into today

Need to win this one, it doesn't get any easier next week. Cats by 40.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that Menzel will kick a bag today. Although the web can be hard to score against at times, there is always space available if the player is clever enough to find it and demand the footy. Menzel ticks both of these boxes so I think that today's game will really suit him.

What a beautiful autumn day today is. Isn't it just great to be alive?

Cats by 37 points.

Putting my predictions on this Gameday thread too because can't be bothered going back on the Preview thread to see them :D

First Goal - Kersten
Last Goal - Menzel
Most Touches - Duncan
Most Goals - Menzel
Most Marks - Henderson
Most Tackles - Blicavs

Putting my predictions on this Gameday thread too because can't be bothered going back on the Preview thread to see them :D

First Goal - Kersten
Last Goal - Menzel
Most Touches - Duncan
Most Goals - Menzel
Most Marks - Henderson
Most Tackles - Blicavs

I'll have a crack Daniel:

First Goal - Guthrie
Last Goal - Lang
Most Touches - Dangerfield
Most Goals - Hawkins
Most Marks - Enright
Most Tackles - Blicavs

I've just got that west coast feeling. They'll come out to really play

2-3 goals going either way, at the flip of a coin

I'll have a crack Daniel:

First Goal - Guthrie
Last Goal - Lang
Most Touches - Dangerfield
Most Goals - Hawkins
Most Marks - Enright
Most Tackles - Blicavs

Sounds good mate! Love it when others join in with predictions aha can compare at the end of the game :)

First Goal - Kersten
Last Goal - Menzel
Most Touches - Duncan
Most Goals - Menzel
Most Marks - Henderson
Most Tackles - Blicavs

Why not have some fun - not trying to steal ya thunder Daniel:

First goal - Motlop
Last goal - Smith
Most touches - Motlop
Most goals - Kersten
Most marks - Taylor