Round 7 Live Game Chat/Team Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha, come on mate its a good start but justification to why you would "a ticking time bomb" would be nice is all. I seriously do appreciate it. It would seem that I picked possibly the worst midfield of all time considering how much value pendles, selwood and gibbs have lost and I'm trying to make my way back into contention.

They were talking about your bench, not your team.

I think the consensus is that the proposed team is good, but will leave you potentially exposed in Mids and Fwds if anyone goes down.

Haha, come on mate its a good start but justification to why you would "a ticking time bomb" would be nice is all. I seriously do appreciate it. It would seem that I picked possibly the worst midfield of all time considering how much value pendles, selwood and gibbs have lost and I'm trying to make my way back into contention.

Im referring to the rest of your bench. Ruck is as good as it can be and back line is fine as well.

The midfield bench. Shuey has carried an injury for many weeks now and has been 1-2 weeks out for about 4 weeks now. So the eagles are covering his injury which means only bad things. Wouldn't suprise me if he is out for the year. Im hoping for round 8 game for East Perth and a round 9 return, but that's being optimistic.

Howlett got dropped last time for playing for just as well as what he did on the weekend. Im starting to think he doesnt have the fitness for AFL to run out games just yet and as a midfielder that is ultra important. Also both mid bench players play for shit sides. Shit sides = Losses which equal = angry coaches which equals = retaliation which equals = players being dropped regularly.

Forward bench is woeful, Jaensch is a bad option. Yet to do anything and crows have more players to come back than any other side. Relton Roberts is explainable.

Im referring to the rest of your bench. Ruck is as good as it can be and back line is fine as well.

The midfield bench. Shuey has carried an injury for many weeks now and has been 1-2 weeks out for about 4 weeks now. So the eagles are covering his injury which means only bad things. Wouldn't suprise me if he is out for the year. Im hoping for round 8 game for East Perth and a round 9 return, but that's being optimistic.

Howlett got dropped last time for playing for just as well as what he did on the weekend. Im starting to think he doesnt have the fitness for AFL to run out games just yet and as a midfielder that is ultra important. Also both mid bench players play for shit sides. Shit sides = Losses which equal = angry coaches which equals = retaliation which equals = players being dropped regularly.

Forward bench is woeful, Jaensch is a bad option. Yet to do anything and crows have more players to come back than any other side. Relton Roberts is explainable.
Yeah you're right on all accounts but as an Essendon supporter I am surprised of your thoughts on Ben Howlett. This is more cause I am from Bunbury and used to play footy against him as well as met him a few times when I was living down there. To me hes done all required of him and I was absolutely mystified as to why he was dropped the first time as were a lot of my Essendon supporting mates (which oddly enough there are quite a few even though I am in Perth). The way your travelling I'd expect him to get a game pretty easily at the moment evidentally thats not the case according to you and you'd have a much better idea than me I would think. Being an Essendon supporter and all.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on my rookie forwards, no idea what I should do there, any suggestions. I am more than happy to take a player who hasn't played yet but will and will be good. I did it with Pods this year to great effect. I mean I haven't traded Jaensch in yet but a $77800 player is always enticing.

Yeah you're right on all accounts but as an Essendon supporter I am surprised of your thoughts on Ben Howlett. This is more cause I am from Bunbury and used to play footy against him as well as met him a few times when I was living down there. To me hes done all required of him and I was absolutely mystified as to why he was dropped the first time as were a lot of my Essendon supporting mates (which oddly enough there are quite a few even though I am in Perth). The way your travelling I'd expect him to get a game pretty easily at the moment evidentally thats not the case according to you and you'd have a much better idea than me I would think. Being an Essendon supporter and all.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on my rookie forwards, no idea what I should do there, any suggestions. I am more than happy to take a player who hasn't played yet but will and will be good. I did it with Pods this year to great effect. I mean I haven't traded Jaensch in yet but a $77800 player is always enticing.

No i wouldnt, just because you barrack for a team, does not mean you know more about that team than someone else.

Use Sam Newman for example, barracks for Geelong but i bet yah Garry Lyon knows 50x what he does about that side. Have you seen the *******s that go to the games to barrack for there sides.

Football Knowledge > Barracking for a team in regards to knowing about that team.

If Fyfe is picked this week than get him. If he isn't i would look at Hughes and Rohan both ahead of Jaensch. Its hard to give you a definite answer without knowing your whole team and bank money left.

Score: 2210

Overall ranking: Up 439 places to 913th, pleased to be back in the top 1000.

Heroes: Ablett!!! Pods!! Chappy Pav Sandi Swan Shaw Goddard

Villains: Brown

League Status: 306 point win boosts my percentage and gets me up to 6th.

Injury concerns: Ottens. Question is when to do the trade. Can put Tippett in the ruck and will be keeping him until he makes back some of what he's lost me, so it's just a matter of when the best time to get Cox in is.

Trades: Other than Ottens, I could use a backline downgrade given Hunt and Maguire are close to peaking. Will decide whether to offload Duncan if there are any good targets. Mid bench is vulnerable if JKT can't get back in, but I'm happy to sit for now and use MP if need be.

Vent: Wish I'd waited a few weeks to get Brown, would have saved myself more cash. But it's a small complaint in the scheme of things.

Kudos: Ablett and Pods show!

Thoughts:
Going alright...within striking distance, just need to not get trigger happy...I have lots of premiums and need to keep showing faith in them. Timing my upgrades will be crucial.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 7 Live Game Chat/Team Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back