Autopsy Round 7 vs Richmond @ MARVEL - 30/04/23 - 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s McLaughlin got to do
He’s only been at the club 2 seconds and not sure how much you can take from the Geelong VFL thumping.

If he is playing at that same level and still not got a look in by the bye then I think we can complain.

Jeffrey definitely picked on talent and 5 year potential rather than Any recent performance.

Dewy still has the golden memories of Darwin 2022 wins and resigning for 4 years when the future looked like anything he could wish for
And part of that was JJ's bag
As they say
The past is a different country-they do things differently there

Prestia being rested is huge for us. He can be such a damaging player for them so it's relief to know he won't be there.

Yes, we're still missing Touk but they are missing Prestia so both midfields will be adjusting in this game.

Don't mind the changes, Humphrey probably spends majority time forward with Davies to come in and play a defensive mid role. Sexton gets his chance with a starting position.

Atkins, Davies, Fiorini and Sexton on the bench.
You’d imagine Atkins, Weller or Ellis will spend some time off of halfback to rotate there, since we dropped Andrew as the spare defender.

Davies and Fiorini both through the middle with Humphrey and Swallow.

Sexton to either hit the scoreboard or at least open up space a bit. He also knows how to rove a pack, at least.

I really hope Atkins, Sexton and Fiorini do well—for their sake and for the team. They have a lot of people (including myself) to prove wrong on the weekend.

Happy with those changes;

Atkins comes in to take Weller's role, use Weller up the ground.
Davies "hopefully" defensive role on Taranto.
Fiorini 3rd midfielder behind Rowell & Anderson, feeding the outside runners, Weller, Ellis, Luko, Powell.
Sexton better than Rosas

Sub Oea, inject speed into the game, hoping Richmond fade away again in the second half

How did Jeffery get a call up based on that game? Quad Squad I would go Fiorini, Sexton, Davies, Atkins, Sub - Rosas

I will be pitching a tent if humph actually starts the game in the guts
Now show me the bear in the middle!

Atkins looked to mostly be playing off a back flank last week so that's the roll I would expect to see him play. Good luck sir.

Foxsports experts Richmond 15 — 0 Gold Coast Suns.

Tigers did play probably their best footy so far against Demons but faded in the last quarter.

With no practice game, Soldo could struggle to last the whole game, Tigers went with extra tall.

It will interesting if we stand up and bring it to them. Common, boys, win it and season is almost back on track.

I beg you. Please, please convert easy shots (and we probably win).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

343577195_718256393634986_934226004594648569_n.jpg

GAME DAY!

Our opportunity to get the season back on track and re-enter the race. The main things I want to see in this game are a midfield that can function without Touk Miller and Ben King continuing the good form he showed last week by kicking multiple goals again. Give me those two things and I can accept the result but I think if those two things happen then we're very likely to win anyway.

Let's make up for the Freo loss and get the W here. Bonus that we essentially end Richmond's season if we win :D

GAME DAY!

Our opportunity to get the season back on track and re-enter the race. The main things I want to see in this game are a midfield that can function without Touk Miller and Ben King continuing the good form he showed last week by kicking multiple goals again. Give me those two things and I can accept the result but I think if those two things happen then we're very likely to win anyway.

Let's make up for the Freo loss and get the W here. Bonus that we essentially end Richmond's season if we win :D
I can't accept a loss today, it's must win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 7 vs Richmond @ MARVEL - 30/04/23 - 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back