Round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Want Keays and Rocky but trading Dea and Adams out doesn't give me enough to get both.
Disappointing but I'll have to settle for another rookie

Want Keays and Rocky but trading Dea and Adams out doesn't give me enough to get both.

There will be some named this week. You could look at Castagna for Richmond hes cheaper and can score okay it seems.

Expect to see some new rookies named this week though.

There will be some named this week. You could look at Castagna for Richmond hes cheaper and can score okay it seems.

Expect to see some new rookies named this week though.
That's what I'm waiting on. I don't want to just jump on any old spud just because they're playing though. The rookie I have in as of now is Howard from Port. I like his JS with Lobbe out I just hope he can score okay.

Tough choice this week.

Was going to trade Gray->Rockliff, Menadue->Smith. However, with Laird out, have gone Laird->Biggs.

Can still trade Rockliff, but wanting to turn some of my rookies that have maxed out (Menadue, Dea, Oliver). Back line looking shot with Laird+JJ down.

Thoughts? Add value, or up to a premo mid?

Keays is a good talent but honestly I don't see him having the best job security or scoring potential.
Brisbane's team from last week was pretty strong and there's Paperone, Scache, D. Beams, Josh Green and maybe even Mathieson to come into the team in the next two weeks. It's tight for spots. Keays will play this week as he was very solid on debut, but he isn't a guarantee to be there for the 4-6 weeks he'll need to play to make selecting him worthwhile.
He'll also get no midfield time and had to rely on 8 tackles and a softish free kick 20m out that he goaled to make it to 68.
He may gun it and stay in the team for a while, but I don't think he's worth the risk or price tag. I prefer Petracca and Blakely to him.

With Laird now out I'm looking at doing:
Laird --> Boyd
Dea --> Barlow via DPP shuffling

Note: Got J. Smith in last week so can afford to do 1 sideways + 1 upgrade and hope for better rooks to be available for downgrades in the next week or two (not keen on Keays and missed the boat on DBJ)

Means my forward line is set for a while (until it comes time to upgrade Kerridge & Wells)
And over the next couple of weeks I will start to get rid of the other maxed out rooks and mid-pricers (Adams, McDonald-Tip, MCrouch) for some fallen premos like Rocky, etc.

With Laird out I'm Thinking

A. McDonald > Keays
Laird > Selwood, Rockliff or any midfielder.

Selwood has been in great form but Rockliff is so cheap.. Maybe I could wait to get Rockliff next week?

Via a whole lot of DPP I can go

Dea > Josh Smith
+
Adams > Rockliff

with $184k in the bank for a def upgrade next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think I'll go with Laird and Dea to Zorko and Petracca this week.

Tossing up Rockliff v Zorko. I'll get one this week, one next. Trading in Zorko instead of Rocky allows me to have Josh Smith on the field and a bit more flexibility with a DPP in the midfield. Zorks is on top of his game and ultra durable too. Rockliff's body still worries me a bit.

Trading in Petracca because there's no one cheaper who I can reliably start on the field that I don't already have.

For some reason I'm coming around to the idea of holding Laird. Especially if it works out to be only 2 weeks.

Provided there's a 125k mid get called up this week, I can afford a premium upgrade and keep my team essentially the same. It also means I can get rid of Dea and Cameron this week, both of who will likely lose value. Hmm.

For some reason I'm coming around to the idea of holding Laird. Especially if it works out to be only 2 weeks.

Provided there's a 125k mid get called up this week, I can afford a premium upgrade and keep my team essentially the same. It also means I can get rid of Dea and Cameron this week, both of who will likely lose value. Hmm.

Adelaide have adopted a no risk policy at the selection table under Pyke. Laird won't be back until he's good to go, they have taken a cautious approach on the injury returns so far, I expect this to continue. Keep an eye one the weekly injury updates of the crows as they've been fairly reliable so far.

Ok with some shuffling around I'm doing a double downgrade:

Weitering -> J. Smith
Menadue -> Keays

Thoughts?

Aim next week will be to bring in Vince for Dea and to get Crouch out for someone.

Ok with some shuffling around I'm doing a double downgrade:

Weitering -> J. Smith
Menadue -> Keays

Thoughts?

Aim next week will be to bring in Vince for Dea and to get Crouch out for someone.

Do you know Crouch's BE? I traded him last week as he seems to have maxed out

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back