(9th, 4-4) v St Kilda (8th, 4-4)
7.45pm AEDT, Alberton Oval
7mate - VIC, SA, WA

Saturday, 19 October

Hawthorn
(2nd, 7-1) v GWS Giants (16th, 1-6-1)
1.05pm AEDT, Kinetic Stadium
7mate - NSW

Sydney (14th, 2-6) v Gold Coast (18th, 0-7-1)
3.05pm AEDT, Henson Park
7mate - NSW, QLD

Melbourne (11th, 4-4) v Richmond (5th, 6-2)
5.05pm AEDT, Casey Fields
Exclusive to Foxtel/Kayo

West Coast
(10th, 4-4) v Fremantle (6th, 5-3)
7.05pm AEDT, Sullivan Logistics Stadium
Seven - WA; 7mate - VIC, NSW, SA, QLD

Sunday, 20 October

Geelong
(13th, 2-5-1) v Brisbane (3rd, 7-1)
1.05pm AEDT, GMHBA Stadium
Seven - VIC; 7mate - QLD, NSW, WA

Essendon (7th, 5-3) v North Melb. (1st, 7-0-1)
3.05pm AEDT, Windy Hill
Seven - VIC, SA; 7mate - QLD, WA

Collingwood (17th, 1-7) v Adelaide (4th, 6-2)
5.05pm AEDT, Victoria Park
7mate - SA

The double-dip rounds are done and dusted, but that doesn't mean the end of dumb fixturing with high potential for ladder-shaping ramifications.

Having just played in Perth on Saturday evening, the Blues are scheduled for the quick turnaround to host Thursday night footy, albeit against the Bulldogs who will be attempting to kick their first goal in 20 days.

Then the Saints, following on from two games last week, get to travel interstate off a five-day break for a really important game vs Port Adelaide (who are coming off an 8-day break with no travel).

This all seems to stem from the western derby taking centre stage on Saturday night, when Fremantle will look to extend their h2h record vs the Eagles to 7-0. And it will be played at an old long ground also known as Leederville Oval, where West Coast are undefeated from 1 start.

Adelaide have a 5-1 record vs Collingwood. Pies haven't beaten them since 2018.

Aaaand 100 years give or take since Essendon and North's initial VFL meeting, their AFLW teams are set to fight it out for premiership points for the first time.

I'm tipping:
Carl by 12
PA by 12
Haw by 24
GC by 3
Melb by 3
WCE by 3
BL by 24
NM by 24
Adel by 50

Some tough ones on Saturday.

West Coast finally beating Freo was a tip I made pre-season, and I guess I'll stick with that since both teams have made themselves too hard to back based on the past fortnight.

Melbourne still far from convincing in their 3rd consecutive win, but as much as we could talk about Hawthorn not beating "anybody" to date, the same could be said of Richmond who were even less convincing against an injury-ravaged Cats.

Port Adelaide will be without Julia Teakle which tempted me to flip to the Saints, but the 5-day break is too much of a deterrent.

Should be an interesting match tonight with Melbourne drenched beforehand and probably duringhand.

So stupid to have not put this game on tomorrow at ~7.30pm followed by the derby to make a Friday night double-header, then have the PA-StK game on Saturday night. It's that easy to avoid the unnecessary 5-day breaks and disparities between teams...

Don't think it can be argued Carlton look like the team playing off a 5-day break and a trip to Perth and back. But they finished strong last week, so maybe they'll find something in the tank to get over the line tonight too.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Round 8 - 2024 AFLW season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back