Autopsy Round 8, 2024: St.Kilda v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

We’re a different team with King, Hayes and Membrey forward and Howard, Wilkie and Battle back. Those key groups make us function well. A lot more experience and know-how. Add in Webster and Wood.

Obviously it’s against a weak opponent but there’s a lot to like. It’s then just a matter of getting consistency in our best 22.

Sunday footy show. Saints win by 40 but king got volkanod and then the spent 5 minutes praising wardlaw. Kane hates us. Any love for Darcy?
Good ol Kane.....a Buffoon of the highest order.....lol.

He goes for the click bait and I must day.....does it with spectacular success.

I sorta like....ignore him.

Bloody hell!

First it was Titanic; now it’s Godzilla

J313qhc.gif

I have a canny knacker for spotting fan overrates, had a high accuracy rate since Spencer White.

Now that the the Tutanic has sunk...again...it's time to rage about Bulls N Beasts.

You can use that if you like with fear of copyright infringement....you're welcome

Sunday footy show. Saints win by 40 but king got volkanod and then the spent 5 minutes praising wardlaw. Kane hates us. Any love for Darcy?
Commentators last night were frothing at the mouth over Wilson.
Never seen it before over one of our players.
It was quite funny.

Couldn’t agree more. I had a heart chuckle when he was leading the metres gained stat, again.
Amazing stat..........the metres gained stat could in fact be..........the "running around like a headless chook stat"

He did quite a few howlers last night....but....did a few(not many) good things.

Credit where it's due.

We’re a different team with King, Hayes and Membrey forward and Howard, Wilkie and Battle back. Those key groups make us function well. A lot more experience and know-how. Add in Webster and Wood.

Obviously it’s against a weak opponent but there’s a lot to like. It’s then just a matter of getting consistency in our best 22.
Add Henry, Dow, Clark and possibly Jones to the midfield next week and we'll go up another notch.

On another note, you’d think Wardlaw gets a holiday?
I'm more concerned about whether we get a please explain from the AFL? Wilson didn't even get off the ground. From where I was sitting, it looked like the trainers wanted him to come off, Tony Brown went out to talk to him, then he stayed on. Thought at the very least he would've been taken off for a short assessment.

I'm more concerned about whether we get a please explain from the AFL? Wilson didn't even get off the ground. From where I was sitting, it looked like the trainers wanted him to come off, Tony Brown went out to talk to him, then he stayed on. Thought at the very least he would've been taken off for a short assessment.
Ros. Has explained it in his presser. Not an issue.

On another note, you’d think Wardlaw gets a holiday?
No, hit the body not the head, contesting the ball, no injury.

If that’s weeks the roos should feel as hard done by as us.

Wardlaw is a beauty too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’ll get off and I really don’t care that much, but what he did was more dangerous than Higgins, cal brown and nearly every other incident.
Not according to the commentators and they replayed it often.
A football accident apparently.

To be honest I think they both mistimed things, tried to avoid each other and it went wrong. I’ll be surprised if he goes.

It wasn’t far away from me and you could see him struggling to breath, I think he got the wind properly knocked out of him.

The thing with Hayes is that what you see is what you get. He plays at a level and has done for some years all be it in the sanfl. He’s no superstar but you’ll get the same commitment the same work rate week to week. He’s as strong as an ox and holds his ground. He’s a very good mark and an accurate kick.
For me him coming back was always about his confidence in his body and it’s clearly there, never about if he is capable. He is.

Probably the big story out of the game is Sincs is back to his best and had probably his best midfield game. Also getting through unscathed is important.
Spot on there BTS.

Sincs "back" is awesome news.

How much have we missed him in full flight ????

Heaps.

And how good is it having a game where the injury sheet is clean.

We have been hammered pretty well every round since the season start.

It was getting ridiculous.

Why are we comparing an averaged skilled player with a generational player?

I get the desire for him Mitch to be that type but it's fairly obvious he's not the elite type.

To illustrate my point compare Wilson's game 8 yesterday, you can tell he could possibly be a generational type only after 8 games, who has ever thought that with Mitch other than a few looney Saints fans.

Another illustration, Windy has full time midfielder written all over him, his game against the Pies is his current benchmark, what Windy delivered against the Pies
Is what you want in your midfield full time

Mitch is anything but a full time midfielder, he is possibly the type that can hit midfield contest in bursts, which is pretty much expected of most players these days.

Midfield bull ....beast.....blah blah...blah...overrated at this stage and a long way to go in his development.
You’re the one saying he doesn’t have any midfield attributes. Saying he is too slow. Another one Josh Dunkley. I’d also love to know what evidence there is of Owens being slow. You are so damn overly critical of our young players.

Mitch’s biggest problem is that he is a good forward meaning he didn’t develop as a mid in the twos like Windy did last year.

Jimmy was massive. He has excellent hands and makes good decisions. An enormous inclusion.
He was great wasn't he.

He's what I call one of the great survivors from ghosts.....I mean coaches of the past decade.

And as has always been said about Jimmy...."tough as a cat's head"

Love that saying.

:) :)

Bonner deserves to go play for Sandy until he can produce a "zero clanger" game.

He's a loose cannon under pressure to me.
If you watch the interview with Ross, you’ll see that he praises Bonner’s ability cut out exit kicks. What the guys do when they don’t have the ball, specifically wingers and half forward do a lot of work without the ball. I’d suggest Pou is doing this too. Although I agree a few weeks at Sandy rack up the ball would be good.

You’re the one saying he doesn’t have any midfield attributes. Saying he is too slow. Another one Josh Dunkley. I’d also love to know what evidence there is of Owens being slow. You are so damn overly critical of our young players.

Mitch’s biggest problem is that he is a good forward meaning he didn’t develop as a mid in the twos like Windy did last year.
As we get more forwards back Owens has to become a part time mid. He’s at best an average kick and missing targets going inside 50 or missing goals really hurts.

If he can become a ball hunting, draw and handball player (with his size and strength) we’ll be so much better for it

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 8, 2024: St.Kilda v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back