Review Round 8 (Q-Clash XXVI) Brisbane @ The GABBA - 5th May 2024 - 7:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Your nothing club should NEVER have been brought into the league. Your puffballs are just there to play us back into form.
Do you feel better after getting that off your chest bud?

We’re doing a good job roasting ourselves here, this is just coming across a bit sad but you do.

Can we sub Miller at halftime? If he’s going to just turn it over and jog around aimlessly, he could at least stand in the vicinity of Neale.

But honestly, we’re just a coward team. This group just a repeat of the first 14 years. :$
He's about the only one putting his head over it, if Noah's arms were 10 foot long he would just start outside the centre square and run straight through.

I just don't see where the improvement comes from to be a top 8 team. Players like Holman, Fiorini, Atkins, Swallow, MacPherson etc are not players that should be anywhere near our team. We just don't have the squad depth. Midfield gets talked up way too much as well.
Honestly, it’s players not on the team yet. Hopefully Dimma connections over the next few years and continued access (hopefully) to the academy.

For all the talent in this team, we are lacking heart, smarts, and composure, and you can’t really teach that.

I feel for Swallow, if anyone deserves to play finals it’s him but he’s a sub at best and likely not even that soon. Don’t know what’s happened to Touk ( injured?) but he is stinking it up, hopefully the script flips in the 2nd half 🤞

I get this odd vibe we are about to come back… lions to tire, run out of legs and we win….

Ok not really , but I can dream

We’re not built like that, we’ll crumble and start coming back after being 70 down

I just don't see where the improvement comes from to be a top 8 team. Players like Holman, Fiorini, Atkins, Swallow, MacPherson etc are not players that should be anywhere near our team. We just don't have the squad depth. Midfield gets talked up way too much as well.
Midfield should have Flanders rotating through it, at least. Not sure it would make a difference tonight, but that would be a start.

Fiorini is serviceable but gets found out on any game requiring speed and pressure kicking. Tonight he has been poor.

The others are sub at best. Holman is half a player most weeks and we could player others there comfortably.

Then we have young kids playing who are just getting torched too. They won’t dominate every week, but we need a few to step up now.

Honestly, it’s players not on the team yet. Hopefully Dimma connections over the next few years and continued access (hopefully) to the academy.

For all the talent in this team, we are lacking heart, smarts, and composure, and you can’t really teach that.
We should be getting older and improving but we are going to have to get younger again. Wouldn't surprise me if we end up in a few seasons of pain and misery again. Alot of rubbish on this team.

We already subbed out Read. Like, it had to happen. But anyone could have seen this would happen… can’t keep playing a player for half a game. Silly.

Ben long, 2 clangers 1 goal what a guy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hilariously, the changes we want have been made and we look a bit better. Luko with a goal assist, two behinds and flown for a few marks. Flanders helping the mids now.

Almost like if you play people in their best position they might play better.

Hopefully this brings in some real changes in the team, no matter the result. We can’t even get on top of a benchless Brisbane.

Players like Jeffrey should get a game. Luko forward, Flanders mid and rotating. Read cannot play again until he dominates the VFL; he needs time.

But honestly, don’t think it would make a difference. This is as bad as I’ve seen. Effort and pressure has literally been poor or below average all night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back