Preview Round 8 - Richmond vs Fremantle (MCG, 1.10pm, Sun 14 May)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like miles but if he got dropped I'm not going to cry about it. Sometimes I think most of the replies here are from bots designed to go into melt mode every day from Thursday to Sunday arvo.

Miles can only play one position. Inside mid. Gone are the days where you play a player who plays one position.

All the good teams (Dogs, Crows, GWS) rotate their mids everywhere.
We rotate our mids forward probably more than any other team in the league. We dont need every single player to be multi position.
Also 10 goals last year while Cotchin had 10 and Dusty had 9.

Miles can only play one position. Inside mid. Gone are the days where you play a player who plays one position.

The issue is we're already down Prestia on the inside. Miles replaced him, was given one game where all our mids got killed (including Dusty & Cotch) rucking to a first gamer and was dropped.

Miles has a body of work and is a model of consistency. Rewind to rd 9 last year, Miles had 22 disposals, 6 tackles and 2 goals vs Freo. Would've been a lock for a good game roving to Nank.

Now we're relying on an underdone Edwards and other C grade inside mids to assist Martin & Cotchin. Those two will have to spend little to no time up forward and more time in the middle with no inside mids. See how lack of depth has a flow on affect?

Crouch brothers, Thompson, Libba, Ward, Coniglio, ect.

The issue is we're already down Prestia on the inside. Miles replaced him, was given one game where all our mids got killed (including Dusty & Cotch) rucking to a first gamer and was dropped.

Miles has a body of work and is a model of consistency. Rewind to rd 9 last year, Miles had 22 disposals, 6 tackles and 2 goals vs Freo. Would've been a lock for a good game roving to Nank.

Now we're relying on an underdone Edwards and other C grade inside mids to assist Martin & Cotchin. Those two will have to spend little to no time up forward and more time in the middle with no inside mids. See how lack of depth has a flow on affect?

Edwards has been missing all season. Prestia has been C grade anyway. Miles is C grade at best now anyway with our game plan

Cellis in over Miles is a joke.

Cellis had one of the worst games I've seen last week.

sorry DustinsGuns to single u out via quote but merely as a reference to the c ellis hate in this thread, can we give the kid a chance? yes, had a bad one last week but gezz, he's coming back from how long out - including last year? lets give him a game or 2 to settle. i think he'll prove the doubters wrong and make those with extreme comments on him look a bit silly by, say, season's end if he can stay fit. but even if not, cut him a little slack; we need guys like corey to make progress. give him a chance.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Crouch brothers, Thompson, Libba, Macrae, Ward, Coniglio, ect.

None of those play exclusively as an inside mid except for Matt Crouch. Thanks for backing me up

Cool...I want a list from you of all the players on our list that we shouldn't rate

The game is too quick. I called it Round 1 when he missed selection. He's one dimensional and he doesn't fit in with the way we move our players around all game.

Those who rate Miles are just showing a lack of footy nous
It is not even about Miles.

We lost Vlastuin, Prestia and Conca from our range of capable midfielders over the last two weeks and now want to toss out Miles too? I would not care as much if we had those guys in. We don't have a lavish array of midfielders named in that team.

They have Sandilands rucking. We need a player to win the ball on the inside and Miles is that player. Unless we are conceding that Fremantle will smash us in the clearances anyway, I just don't understand this chance.

I am happy to be proven wrong, but doesn't look good to me right now.

The melts on here, are almost as good as the melts on Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But not as good as your melt will be Sunday arvo if we lose, get torched in the middle and start blaming the selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is not even about Miles.

We lost Vlastuin, Prestia and Conca from our range of capable midfielders over the last two weeks and now want to toss out Miles too? I would not care as much if we had those guys in. We don't have a lavish array of midfielders named in that team.

They have Sandilands rucking. We need a player to win the ball on the inside and Miles is that player. Unless we are conceding that Fremantle will smash us in the clearances anyway, I just don't understand this chance.

I am happy to be proven wrong, but doesn't look good to me right now.

Spot on.

Shame most on here are too thick to comprehend this point.

But not as good as your melt will be Sunday arvo if we lose, get torched in the middle and start blaming the selection.

And if we win, will you own up and say you were wrong? I doubt it.

None of those play exclusively as an inside mid except for Matt Crouch. Thanks for backing me up

Good try the only bloke that doesn't play exclusively inside there was macrae and he was only there cause you beat my edit. Possibly Ward. There is not even a question about Brad Crouch, Matt Crouch, Scott Thompson, Libba, Stephen Conigilo.

And if we win, will you own up and say you were wrong? I doubt it.

Yes, If I'm blantantly wrong I'll admit I was wrong.

But I'm expecting our midfield to look ordinary either way the result falls. Result will be depend on which Freo turns up in Melb.

Yes, If I'm blantantly wrong I'll admit I was wrong.

But I'm expecting our midfield to look ordinary either way the result falls. Result will be depend on which Freo turns up in Melb.

So you're essentially saying, the only way we win is if Freo play poorly? You just lost all credibility. Congratulations.

I was happy for Miles to come in last week as I wanted see if he could be effective in our new style especially now we're a couple of months in and some of the sting had gone out of games as I thought it would help bring him into the game more and cover for his lack of speed. Watching last week it became clear that it won't. Grounds are in too good a condition nowadays to allow a one paced inside mid to have a massive impact when the rest of the side and the opposition are built around speed and quick ball movement.

In sides like Sydney where they are all one paced and inside they flourish as their game is built around stoppages and contests and they force their opponents into their style of game or they get opened up. Sadly for the Miles fans it would appear that the game, at least with us, has passed him. While he was a star when we were playing a slower contested game, but with a quicker more attacking game plan he has become a depth player.

Good try the only bloke that doesn't play exclusively inside there was macrae and he was only there cause you beat my edit. Possibly Ward. There is not even a question about Brad Crouch, Matt Crouch, Scott Thompson, Libba, Stephen Conigilo.

Scott Thompson plays heaps ;) Coniglio plays more than inside. Libba isn't always in the middle. Do you watch footy?

Sandilands will dominate the ruck and will hit it to the outside where they run on to it. Hence the fact that Miles will get exposed when they are running onto the ball. So Miles gets dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back