Round 8 Trades (Get Gawn or GTFO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking News.png
Please ...can we keep all discussions regarding future Fixture & Bye Challenges to this thread

Otherwise the discussions will be lost after this thread is closed

QUOTE="Bollox, post: 65973387, member: 27396"]
...and Sam Mayes ?
Whats the story there ? We know about the final goal assist, but does he have any JS ? He's had an 80ppg season before.
Good to have options, even pricey ones.
[/QUOTE]

If he can average 80 for 3 matches he will have done his job. BE -27 so projected price73 nets 45k this week. The mathematicians among you can do the projections but he looks a likely stepping stone to a premo.

JS enhanced by 3 injuries, particularly Burton.

Cheers mate and I have enough cash to grab any premo forward next week as well and will downgrade Williamson to get rid of him before the bye
Trying to factor in byes is impossible ....you can plan now, but get smacked in the face when R12 -R14 comes out

Just going to try and strengthen benches for byes

You're same as me, the fwds need to work now

Going to take a big hit round 10:
Doch, Sicily, Hill, Cripps, Gaff, Yeo, Sturt.
⚰️

Then Gws/Sydney byes I've got Cog, Whitfield and McInerney. I haven't got the trades to sideways

Last edited:
Trying to factor in byes is impossible ....you can plan now, but get smacked in the face when R12 -R14 comes out

Just going to try and strengthen benches for byes

You're same as me, the fwds need to work now

My attempt at planning - given I have such a long shopping list, but limited funds - is to prioritise Essendon/Melbourne upgrades the next 3 weeks (I'd like Ridley and Petracca, mayyyyybe Merrett), then shop for Fyfe/Sicily/Lloyd/Jelly/Telly types after their byes. At least try to wring the extra games out of each spot, if I can. But it's still gotta be the right guy at something like the right price. It changes my plans a bit... so I'm probably not going to get Gulloyd now before his bye, knowing it's coming up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep agreed mate, just not sure who to bring in yet, I have Neale Cripps macrae Simpkin and yeo in the mids. Tossing up between danger titch Oliver gaff oreven greenwood. Leaning towards one of the first 3
I really wanted Treloar this week but that would seem stupid given the Collingwood fixture

Operation Get Gawn this week - however my midfield rookies are in a shambles and looking at another week fielding a donut. Hopefully with the increase in trades during Rounds 9-12 this should help me fix this issue. This week's trades I'm looking at (currently 537k in bank):

Pittonet --> Gawn
Green --> Eggmolesse via Starcevich DPP
Bank 186k

Also could consider trading in Pickett and focus on turning Starcevich into a premo DEF next week, Pickett looking like a reliable M7-8 at this stage. Any suggestions on how I can get Gawn and fix midfield woes are welcome!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 30
Well the rumours are that Lycett has a PCL injury.

So Ladhams should be in the team for a number of weeks.
Considering temporarily holding off Gawn and using Ladhams temporarily, wouldn't be great for Lycett, but would be handy in that scenario
Need to think if it makes sense overall.

Just my take for anyone looking at smith for the tigers
Yes he’s playing the Houli role
But he Played against witches hats the other night
There was no defensive pressure and I question how much he’ll actually impact when the heat is on

Last year he debuted against the Gold Coast in a much similar vein scoring 77 and looking a million bucks. The week later he scored 48 and looked like a headless chook against the giants when the pressure was on

If he can back up last weeks game this week against the giants I’ll admit to being wrong. But I see it as a trap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wednesday thinking:
Pitto to Gawn.
King to Mayes.

Mayes is a bit expensive, but if fit, I'm expecting an 80 average, which means he'll make a quick 150k and be a solid scorer for the next 4-5 weeks

King > Smith
Rivers > Eggmolester

Won't someone please think of the poor eggs!

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back