Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is everyone's thoughts on Heppell? Reckon he is worth the cash? I've got him but thinking of trading him for Roberton who is 100k cheaper. Could use the cash elsewhere.

My current side:
DEF: GODDARD, BIRCHALL, HEPPELL, GIBBS, GOODES, VLASTUIN (STEVENSON, TERLICH)
MIDS: ABLETT, J.SELWOOD, DANGERFIELD, HANNEBERY, COTCHIN, O'MEARA, WINES, VINEY (MAYES, COLQUHOUN)
RUCKS: COX, GOLDSTEIN (DAW, GAWN)
FORW: BUDDY, WALKER, BARTEL, J.KENNEDY, KERRIDGE, MCCAFFER (ROWE, LEE)

he was subbed off half way thru the 3rd qtr in that game if i recall correctly. kicked 3 or 4 goals and had about 10 possessions

add another 3rd to that score and he is already at 150....
Yeah but he didn't have a contract hanging over his head. Hawthorn have a tough draw. They only play the easy beats once. Sure, he's been great in the past and is a super player but until he plays a decent game, not worth the risk IMO. Even if it costs me an extra 20-30k, I'd rather see form on the board. At the moment I haven't seen anything from him all year.

Any thoughts on Jarryd Lyons at Crows for a Mid/FWD Rookie? Played 2 games for 50,53. Whats his J.S like?

Priced at 169k though so not cheap, but could be better then Kennedy at Pies.

Yeah but he didn't have a contract hanging over his head. Hawthorn have a tough draw. They only play the easy beats once. Sure, he's been great in the past and is a super player but until he plays a decent game, not worth the risk IMO. Even if it costs me an extra 20-30k, I'd rather see form on the board. At the moment I haven't seen anything from him all year.

fair call - but alas I'll be getting buddy if he is named.

What is everyone's thoughts on Heppell? Reckon he is worth the cash? I've got him but thinking of trading him for Roberton who is 100k cheaper. Could use the cash elsewhere.

My current side:
DEF: GODDARD, BIRCHALL, HEPPELL, GIBBS, GOODES, VLASTUIN (STEVENSON, TERLICH)
MIDS: ABLETT, J.SELWOOD, DANGERFIELD, HANNEBERY, COTCHIN, O'MEARA, WINES, VINEY (MAYES, COLQUHOUN)
RUCKS: COX, GOLDSTEIN (DAW, GAWN)
FORW: BUDDY, WALKER, BARTEL, J.KENNEDY, KERRIDGE, MCCAFFER (ROWE, LEE)
If you want cash, Stevenson > Siewakski.

Any thoughts on Jarryd Lyons at Crows for a Mid/FWD Rookie? Played 2 games for 50,53. Whats his J.S like?

Priced at 169k though so not cheap, but could be better then Kennedy at Pies.

To quote Caro scrubber guts Wilson- "Good Call" and the 2nd score was after coming on as sub. looks a viable alternative IMO

Considering Priddis will be 20k more expensive, then yes.. Thats +30k for a few points which are by no means guaranteed..

is priddis considered a keeper if everyone is bringing him in?

is priddis considered a keeper if everyone is bringing him in?
Could make the same argument on Buddy, Kennedy or Watson really :p

Priddis hasn't averaged less than 100 for four or five years. Solid, consistent player at 450 and has the runs on the board. You're talking about taking Buddy at 450 and he's played like a donkey all year. You'd be interested to know that Priddis has better averages since 2007 than Buddy. In the seven games he's played this year, he's scored 100++ in 4, 86 and 97 in the other two and got knocked out and subbed off after 5 mins in the 7th. No brainer at 450k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could make the same argument on Buddy, Kennedy or Watson really :p

Priddis hasn't averaged less than 100 for four or five years. Solid, consistent player at 450 and has the runs on the board. You're talking about taking Buddy at 450 and he's played like a donkey all year. You'd be interested to know that Priddis has better averages since 2007 than Buddy. In the seven games he's played this year, he's scored 100++ in 4, 86 and 97 in the other two and got knocked out and subbed off after 5 mins in the 7th. No brainer at 450k.

Only problems with all those very valid points is that there are 20+ mids in front of Priddis in terms of averages and will be at least that for the year.
Buddy doesn't have that issue year in year out - he will be top 6 by years end.

Yeah Siewakski is probably the pick of the bunch for forward rookies at the moment. Might just do that. Cheers.
Defender.. But yep, Stevenson close to peaking. Siew looked good at weekend with 110, even tho was only the dogs. Will make you more than double the cash than Heppell to Roberton.

Defender.. But yep, Stevenson close to peaking. Siew looked good at weekend with 110, even tho was only the dogs. Will make you more than double the cash than Heppell to Roberton.

Are we talking about the North Siear? he only scored 70 odd on the weekend from memory

Sorry yeah, I meant defender rookie. I went Neade > Buddy... Stevenson > Siew.

Then I can upgrade either Wines, Viney or Mccaffer next week.

:thumbsu:

Only problems with all those very valid points is that there are 20+ mids in front of Priddis in terms of averages and will be at least that for the year.
Buddy doesn't have that issue year in year out - he will be top 6 by years end.
Depends if you count all the DPPs in those top 6 forwards?? From what I've seen Buddy is nowhere near the player he has been this year, sure that may change but he looks like his head is elsewhere, maybe only 5% but that's enough, Travis Cloke last year is a good example. Could be wrong, but until he has runs on the board people are picking him on what he was, not what he is. Big diff. Priddis, to me, is a stepping stone. Once he reaches 550-600 which he will, cheap upgrade to an ultra premo. In the meantime he pumps 100+ scores in to your team.

Neade -----> BKennedy
Wines -----> Deledio

Midfield almost complete...
Ablett, Pendlebury, Watson, Swan, Deledio, Fyfe, O'meara, Mayes (Evans, Crouch)
Do you have 150k left in the bank?? If so, why not take Priddis for Wines (for reasons already outlined) and then Mayes to Deleidio next week?

Kadog
Mayes has to stay - still lots of mooing to come from him so option 1 is out
Option 2 is good but i persoanlly dont rate Priddis as he never goes BIG (consistent and at his price is a bargain)
Option 3 - if Bris start winning surely Hanley has to be tagged again at some stage, he is priced at his best now so you'd be paying full tote for him.

Option 2 of the options presented (if you went Pittard to cokehoon does that mean you can afford a better mid premium than Priddis??)
Only Hodge but that would leave me with no money for next weeks upgrade.

Thanks for your response toxic. I edited my post and put up my team to give a better feel of what I'm thinking.
I'm not that high on Priddis either (no frills SC player) but he's great value at that price. I'd certainly re up him later to a super premo.
I really need to upgrade my backs (only 2 premos) hence the Hanley option. I dunno o_O

Have traded wines > priddis & Evans > Kennedy (syd). Leaves me with 110k in the bank and my mids looking like this:

Ablett - pendlebury - Kennedy - j.selwood - Dangerfield - m.murphy - priddis - O'Meara (viney,kommer)
I'm gonna say good call, as I am doing something very similar.

Out: Wines & Stevenson
In: Priddis & JPK

It means I will lose my D/M DPP link which isn't ideal coming up to the bye rounds, but with the new bye format, I'm thinking it isn't going to matter as much...

You really want to get rid of Wines! :D Surely you have other rooks who aren't averaging 86.4 that you should cull first? :confused:
Gingy I've already culled all the port rooms except Pittard & Wines. The other rooks i have still have mooing to do whereas Wines is probably close to maxing out. If he's not gone this week, than certainly next week.

Three different trades I'm considering.

1. Wines > Deledio & Mayes > BKennedy
2. Wines > Priddis & Pittard > Thurlow
3. Wines > Hanley & Terlich > Colquhoun.

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Goodes, Terlich, Pittard, Vlaustin (Laird, Docherty)
M: Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Watson, JPK, Dangerfield, Jaeger, Wines (Viney, Crouch)
R: Cox, Maric (Blicavs, Currie)
F: Franklin, Bartel, Martin, LeCras, Thomas, Mayes (Macaffer, Lee)

All trades allow me to bring in LeCras > NicNat next week.

Suggestions would helpful.

Kadog
Pittard if named will still make cash - all other defensive rookies are still mooing.
If it was my team I'd go Wines to Lyons (if named - opens up the dpp to fwd line for byes then macaffer to Stevie J or a premium you like.
The following week drop your highest b/e defensive rookie to cokehoon and purchase another premium (Maybe Viney to Hanley)?
Nicnat has a b/e this week of 220 odd - next week it'll still be super high - i reckon his price will drop for at least the next 3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back