Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day. I need to get in 1 or 2 defenders with rd 12 bye (WC,Nth,Stk,Syd,Geel,Melb)

Waters $524,000
Hurn $486,100
Thompson $486,400
Ibbotson $426,000
Duffield $469,800

What can anyone tell me about IBBOTSON?
What are people's thoughts on Heath + Stevenson
to Sierakowaski and 1 of the above?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Priddis is at a great price and will probably be the lowest he will ever be. Anyone trading him in?
Personally no although he's the most traded in player in SC this week.

G'day. I need to get in 1 or 2 defenders with rd 12 bye (WC,Nth,Stk,Syd,Geel,Melb)

Waters $524,000
Hurn $486,100
Thompson $486,400
Ibbotson $426,000
Duffield $469,800

What can anyone tell me about IBBOTSON?
What are people's thoughts on Heath + Stevenson
to Sierakowaski and 1 of the above?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hurn is absolutely killing it. good POD aswell i think, im going to get him in next week maybe the week after.

NicNat has a massive breakeven and will drop heaps in price over the next few weeks, thats why i will keep daisy.

Priddis is at a great price and will probably be the lowest he will ever be. Anyone trading him in?
Yeah for wines. Dumped one of Melbourne cash cow mids for Colwhatsit.
Plan to keep him but worse comes to worse he will make you a quick 100-150. And becomes a stepping stone from cash cow to premium.

Glad that Heath is dropped, gives me an extra week to trade without losing value.

Hmm. Not sure where to go next. Not many rookies around but need to get rid of Stevenson and Neade.

Thinking

Stevenson -> Goodes to backline -> Pendlebury
Neade -> Staker (very early but one would think he has good job security)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I probably am, I had him the other year and was very consistent from what I remember. Never got a huge score but was always in the 90-110 bracket, and at that price he's a bargain.

Ok, my team is below. My planned trades (300k in the bank) are Wines -> Priddis and Neade -> Buddy but bit worried about my lack of bench cover, esp with Shaw out for the week. Would anyone consider doing something different to this?

B: Birchall, Hurn, Enright, Shaw, Terlich, Vlaustin (Laird, Wright)
M: Ablett, Pendlebury, Cotchin, Goddard, Wines, O'Meara, Zorko, Viney (Crouch, Colquhorn)
R: Roughead, Jacobs (Blicavs, Currie)
F: Cox, Walker, Martin, Neade, Mayes, Macaffer, (Rowe, Lee)

Yep, he's having at least 2 weeks rest and then will need to retrain to get back up to match fitness and then maybe a game as sub. So I would think at least 5 weeks before he's up and flying again , at best. Then you have to hope and pray that he doesn't break down again.
if he was all good after 2 weeks, he'd be straight back in

Yarran > Birchall
Heath > Vlastuin

and cross my fingers that Colq makes the final 22 otherwise will cop my first doughnut of the year. :(

Bloody Shaw.. My two planned trades for the week were Neade -> Frankie and Wines out for cash, but with Shaw, Wright and Docherty (put him in the side Vossy.. had him since round 1) missing im left short in the backline.

Ranked in the top 1000 and want to keep it up, but not sure if I can afford the doughnut. Thoughts at all?

Current team
Def: Goddard, Shaw, HeppelL, Gibbs, Stevenson, J. Clarke (Wright, Docherty)
Mid: Gazza, Pendles, Danger, Murphy, Mundy, Jaeger, Hodge, Wines (Viney, Mitchell)
Rucks: Cox, Leuensandwich (Rowe, Currie)
Fwd: Cox, Rockliff, Bartel, Kennedy, Mayne, Neade (Macaffer, Kennedy)

Who's idea was it to come up with "oh let's not get player X because they won't be in the top 6-8 scorers in X position"?

It's completely irrelevant. If you bring in Pendlebury in round 14 as your last mid upgrade because he's a top 6 mid, it doesn't matter what "best" scoring mid he is because you've missed out on his 125+ points per game for the first 13 rounds and you'll only have his scores for the last 8 rounds or whatever.

It's just that "won't be in top scorers in his position" really doesn't make sense. I don't think Goodes will be in the top 6 scoring defenders, yet I intend to keep him all year as D6.

Can someone give me a hell yeah or am I just being ridiculous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back