Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotch

Club Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Had a pretty low score this week (so far) this week. Playing several rookies to cover late withdrawals, omitted and injured players.

At this stage I'm thinking

Lucas -> Buddy

Discuss

I like the look of Davenport so I will be saving trades and cash to swap Dangerfield & Rich for Davenport & Ablett in a few weeks (i have cash saved from trading Ablett)

In the meantime, I like the look of Kornes - Cooney and Rance - Grimes. 2 LTI trades however i haven't been thrilled with Kornes anyway and Cooney is very cheap I reckon.

I will wait on injury news during the week and take it from there.

Yeah dude good move getting rid of lucas..he isnt gonna do anything this year...lucas for anyone really up or down

Im going malceski/hodge -> grimes

use the money to upgrade m brown/suban/rich to a gun depending on teams announced on thursday

Yeah after reading a few other threads and Cooney's score I think he will be a popular inclusion this week.

Also Higgins apparently has OP and may get rested more:confused:. Anyone trading him out?

EDIT: Also on the Lucas call apparently he kicked 4 for the twos. Franklin should outscore him for the rest of the year anyway

At this stage I am thinking Rich > Davenport and then Rance > Newman or Waite.

Would also like to go Otten to Cooney too.

Yep similar to me...BUT I HAVE ISSUES IN MY FORWARDLINE -

F - Higgins:thumbsdown:, goodwin:thumbsdown:, houilhan, m.brown (and starting with Walker and MaCaffer..LOL)

Hopefully one of these guys get a game!!!!!

I like the look of Davenport so I will be saving trades and cash to swap Dangerfield & Rich for Davenport & Ablett in a few weeks (i have cash saved from trading Ablett).

Davenport looks good... I'm thinking of upgrading Rich to Cooney or downgrading to Davenport...

Hopefully none at this stage:

Petrenko will be dropped next week so the ideal situation would be Cheney in (highly likely), Houlihan in, and Grimes to get another good score against the Dogs.

That would allow me to swap Malceski >>> Grimes after next week.

Leaving some spare cash for an upgrade...

Very early and havn't really thought about trades yet but I might go with...

Rich-->Cooney
M.Brown-->Sidebottom (if he plays this week and/or is named next week) or Yarran or maybe even Ballantyne since he is set to play in a few weeks.

thinking either
Malceski > Grimes
AND
Tuck > Cooney

OR
Petrenko > Grimes

have to think about forwards though with houlihan, goodwin and higgins all causing me trouble

Have only 13 left so am loathed to make moves next week. Will be without Ablett, Beams (emerg), Hodge, Bock at the moment and Petrenko in trouble.

Downgrading either M Brown or Beams and Petrenko > Gilbee. Even T Tuck/Rich to Cooney and Power look tempting...Geez, T Tuck has been disappointing this year. To think I had Swallow in my side for while in the pre-season.

14 trades left:

Ablett, Bartel, Goodes, Power, Otten, Ziebell [Rich, Beams]

Option A
Rich ---> Cooney/Judd/Dal
Houihan ---> Ballentyne/W.Thompson

Option B
Rich ---> Davenport/Anthony (yes I know he isn't playing - doing for strategic reasons)
Houihan ---> Pavlich

Really depends on which rookies player

Davenport, Anthony, Ballantyne, Thompson are not ready to be traded into your team. Your midfield is fine and has cover for Ablett. I would be holding off on trading this week if these are the best you can up with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buying trades ????

Being a newbie BF'er.....couldnt post this thread - but would be interested to know poeples thoughts.....tks.

I know that DT/SC is tweaked each year.....just wondering if perhaps next year they either add say 2 trades to make it 22 ( would equate with # of rds ) - or perhaps install a function whereby you can buy trades for cash.

It seems this year there are far more injuries than most other years, and with the speed & physical nature of the game, not to mention players are getting bigger & bigger...that injuries will only continue to escalate.

Much like the NAB season...with extended benches....which is already being talked about for the main season - I could see something similar for SC/DT next year.

I would assume that most other fantasy coaches like myself this year have spent more time replacing 3-6 week injured players than upgrades to premiums - and most likely we will all pay for it in the last third of the season.

Will be interesting to see for 2009 SC or DT teams average scores over the last 5-6 games compared to other seasons - have a feeling they will be reduced due to all the plugging of holes during the season.

Thoughts ?

Davenport, Anthony, Ballantyne, Thompson are not ready to be traded into your team. Your midfield is fine and has cover for Ablett. I would be holding off on trading this week if these are the best you can up with.

thanks but my reasoning for my trade is two fold:

1) jump on Cooney train before he increases and get off Rich-train before he drops in value
2) the other side of the trade (downgrade) is to cover my forward line with Goodwin, Higgins, Houlihan, Brown expected to miss...LOL

Ballantyne, Anthony etc are not needed to be cash cows...I just need them to cover at the end of the year...

From my calculations I have enough cash cows.... so my downgrades are for final teams (naturally if it's a cow, it's better)...

Have: Hill, Dawson, Rich, Ziebell, Otten, Beams, Walker (sort of), Brown (not really)...It's basically an upgrade and a cover....

What do you think?

Re: Buying trades ????

Being a newbie BF'er.....couldnt post this thread - but would be interested to know poeples thoughts.....tks.

I know that DT/SC is tweaked each year.....just wondering if perhaps next year they either add say 2 trades to make it 22 ( would equate with # of rds ) - or perhaps install a function whereby you can buy trades for cash.

It seems this year there are far more injuries than most other years, and with the speed & physical nature of the game, not to mention players are getting bigger & bigger...that injuries will only continue to escalate.

Much like the NAB season...with extended benches....which is already being talked about for the main season - I could see something similar for SC/DT next year.

I would assume that most other fantasy coaches like myself this year have spent more time replacing 3-6 week injured players than upgrades to premiums - and most likely we will all pay for it in the last third of the season.

Will be interesting to see for 2009 SC or DT teams average scores over the last 5-6 games compared to other seasons - have a feeling they will be reduced due to all the plugging of holes during the season.

Thoughts ?

I'm all for more trades. I feel like I need another 20 at the rate I'm going with injuries and spud rookies not performing <looks at petrenko>, etc. :D

Really like to only do one trade this week but cant see it happening. Selcted teams will have to decide it for me but Cooney, Enright and Gia are all knocking on the door.

Was hoping not to trade at all this week after similar thinking last week saw me forced to trade out Richo and Gablett or my 2 0s would of been 4 with 3 big ones.

This weekend providing all 4 Saints players start tomorrow I will have had
7 backs
6 mids
2 rucks
5 forwards fit and playing.

This means I have 10 players or 33% of my current squad either injured or ommitted leaving me short up front and without cover everywhere else and only 11 trades.

Hoping Skipworth is back in which case I can straight swap M.Brown for a keeper like Pavlich and take Higgins on a week to week basis. Other option would be Higgins up to Pav etc. and finding a big out of form player like Gia to get for Brown.

Lets just say it's not going to be much fun this week.

I played 3 short this week and no bench cover whatsoever ...

To add to that Hodge and Rance will also be out.

I can't even think about trades until after the teams come out on Thursday. I certainly wont be able to make upgrades so to speak, will be more just about trying to get 22 players on the field.

Need the likes of Houlihan, Raines, Broughton, Higgins, White, Brown to be named this week.

Then ill look at ways of covering Hodge, Rance, Ablett.

Also got Anthony, Thompson, Meeson and Jacobs sitting pon the bench wasting a spot.

Bottom line ... my team is ******

Hodge out is a must for me only have suban on the bench covering and with houghlihan ommitted I really cant afford another 0.

And perhaps to upgrade rich but with the lack of trades I have I dont know If I can afford to do it.

Would it be better to turn Hodge into Gilbee or Houlihan into Gilbee?

Gilbee is just too cheap and even after his 120+ score he still goes down in price and I really just want someone who is durable and will keep his spot.

If Ball doesnt have a big one, possibly him to Cooney/Power

I know its a sideways trade, but I'm sick of ball putting up sub-par scores and losing me tonnes of money.

Freaking injuries..

Copped 1 0 in my backs with houlihan out and cheney and broughton my replacements.. cheney is doing quite well in the VFL. if he doesnt play, melbourne as a team are stuffed. they arent good enough to not play kids ffs

broughton will come back into the freo side IMO, handy mature player who has a 70 first up

missing jnr/beams from mids and robinsons, another 0 there... watched the vfl game in abc, if robinsons isnt name, assume carlton are tanking again.. jnr back in a week so my mids are ok... will be moving rich on soon enough

no movement in rucks, but mi so peaved i went with brown and not graham,.. wtf were the tigers doing? pick graham from the start u twats!

no higgins/brown/wade T in forward line... another 0 there (3 for the week).. brown will come back soon, and wade T might get a call up if his SANFL form is ok.. shattered if higgins has OP..kid deserves a break... just traded walker for macaffer this week. i know. i know.. prick. but i used the cas to up kerr to sewell, phew! kerr has dropped 64k this week, dodged a bullet there.

this week: petrenko downgraded to anything. a sack fo poatoes is more effective than him
adcock to Enright. he is 485k! so cheap

houlihan will be sideways to hodge in 3-4 weeks time :)

beames down after than adn rich up to chappy

macaffer down in 5-6 and brown up to davis..

will sidways krakour to buddy assuming they keep on par

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back