Preview Round 9 2017: Collingwood v Hawthorn, 20th May 2017, 7:25pm @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both forward lines should have a bloody blast looking at the respective back lines.

If the ball comes into their forward 50 it's not coming out looking at the speed difference.

Both forward lines should have a bloody blast looking at the respective back lines.

If the ball comes into their forward 50 it's not coming out looking at the speed difference.
On the SEN yesterday, they said the Pies have the worst conversion from inside 50s of any side and the Hawks concede the most goals from opposition inside 50s.

So he should be. Done nothing, will never be anything. Has no agression, soft as butter, more worried about looks. Fu#@ him off.

Forget about the 2015 Grand Final already?

I agree that Schoey's time at the club is running out but to say he's done nothing is a bit of a low blow. He's had it rough coming to this club. Been forced to be something he isn't, thrown around from position to position, had the absolute shit kicked out of him by his own fans and opposition alike, and been through some pretty terrible injuries. Could have left a few years ago but decided to stay on and fight for his spot.

Soft as butter is something he isn't.

we look a lot taller on paper than the pies so we have to utilize this to an advantage and move the ball quickly. whitex may play the defensive forward role by the look of our balance on paper and I'm happy with that, he did play that role in 2012 to great effect.

Reckon the pies have taken a gamble on a wet night?

Premiership players
Roughead x4
Gibson x3
McEvoy x2
Duryea x2
Burgoyne x4
Hodge x4
Smith x3
Gunston x3
Breust x3
Shiels x3
Puopolo x3
Langford 1

Played finals
Mitchell
Hartung
Burton
Whitecross
Howe
Vickery
Henderson

That's leaves only Brand, Hardwick and O'Brien as the players who are yet to play in the finals.

Overall it's still a decent team and despite our recent struggles I'm confident we can win this game. A win against Collingwood would be huge in the context of the season.

I would suspect Willsmore will not be on the list after this year.

His continued good form at VFL has never been rewarded, which paints a very bleak picture for him and where the coaches see him.

If he was to be the future of our club he'd have debuted by now.

My mail on Dallas is that he is carrying an injury and it's affecting the depth in his kicking. That's his major weapon and right now even though he's getting a fair few disposals at Box Hill he just can't kick it longer than 30m.

So he should be. Done nothing, will never be anything. Has no agression, soft as butter, more worried about looks. Fu#@ him off.

I'm going to buy you a Richmond membership - you will fit right in over on that board

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Below is the selected sides with games experience behind their names, game at Hawthorn in brackets () where newish:

Blake Hardwick 6
Kaiden Brand 15
Taylor Duryea 87
Ryan Burton 11
Josh Gibson 221
Luke Hodge 293
Back line average: 105, without Gibson and Hodge 30 or 1.36 seasons

Isaac Smith 143
Shaun Burgoyne 327
Ricky Henderson 95
Ben McEvoy 154
Liam Shiels 150
Tom Mitchell 73 (7)
Midfield average: 175, with only Mitchell's 7 games 146 or 6.6 seasons

Luke Breust 148
Jack Gunston 135
Billy Hartung 51
Ty Vickery 122 (3)
Jarryd Roughead 239
Paul Puopolo 141
Forward line average: 139, with only Vickery's 3 games 119 or 5.4 seasons

Daniel Howe 19
Will Langford 54
Tim O’Brien 23
Brendan Whitecross 98
Bench average: 49 games or 2.2 seasons

Backline is quite inexperienced and our forward line and midfields both have key guys that are brand new to the squad. The bench is inexperienced or with limited sustained play.

I'm hard pressed to see where we could afford to sacrifice experience for more inexperience. Despite the vibe, the mabo, of the conversation on these boards I think the club is already taking a very aggressive approach to introducing new players to the main lineup.

Completely agree with your post. it would be sacrificing experience to bring in the kids. But i guess it comes down to where you think we are at this year. Obviously Clarko believes we are still a chance at getting a top 8 spot this year. i dont have the same opinion, but he is the master .
But as my opinion is we wont be playing finals, whats the issue with playing an inexperienced side?
We know what WhiteX gives us. We know what Duryea gives us. We dont know what the kids in the VFL will give us unless they are given a shot.

So it comes down to do we hang on to finals hopes as long as possible, maybe to get 7th-8th spot and go out in week 1, and not see any of this talent.
or do we take the medicine, realise we arent challenging for anything this year, and get some games and experience into a few kids?

Im not saying we give kids a game for the sake of it. But when you have 2 blokes (Willsmore and Cousins) absolutely smashing the door down and getting it slammed back in their face every single week, what does that do? in premierships seasons, yep, they have to bide their time and wait for their chance.
but right now, we need to see what these kids can do.

Shaping up to be a really interesting game. Their speed will worry us for sure, but their forward line is really sub-par at the moment. Wondering if they'll take a punt on Cox as a late change (especially now it looks to be dry), in which case we might see TOB shifted back and TV, Rough and Gunston as the tall forwards. Or will they just try to burn us off? Big game - I'd love to be 5-5 in a couple of weeks. See if we send any nerves through the comp ;)

I feel we might run the game out better than the pies.There were lots of stoppages against Brisbane which would not be as taxing as the fast flowing game between GWS and Pies. Also none of Duryea,Whitecross and Brand played last week so they should be extra fresh. Runners like Hartung and Henderson might also surprise .

It is a bit of a cliche, but the midfield is the deciding factor for me here. Both teams defense looks pretty underwhelming and will likely concede scores in any case; however, whichever midfield gets on top will give their team the best chance of hitting the scoreboard more.

Having said that, I think we are still slightly ahead when looking at the teams attack as a whole.

Looks like it should be a pretty good contest

X mate. Ryan must have done something to you!!

Guys, can we get our points across minus the blasphemy please?
It's crept into a few posts and I find it offensive and surely there are other words we could use?
Sorry to single out your post Wbby but it's getting more prevalent in posts of late in general.

I don't think Sicilly is injured... As to the other points.... I see that he's almost universally disliked for a lot of his traits when it comes to the Hawks player videos that the club puts out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK maybe a temper, or an "I am" man? He's still growing up I guess

Guys, can we get our points across minus the blasphemy please?
It's crept into a few posts and I find it offensive and surely there are other words we could use?
Sorry to single out your post Wbby but it's getting more prevalent in posts of late in general.

Agreed. Enough with the God damn blasphemy.

Yeah he's done nothing...
2525b0222c72e7ba843db0152ae48d24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back