Review Round 9, 2023: Box Hill Hawks v Southport Sharks, 20 May 2023, 12.05pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

After another bye, the Hawks are back in action on their home track against the Southport Sharks, who enter round 9 sitting eight on the ladder, with four win and four losses. The Hawks have only played six matches for the season, and sit 5-1, with the only blemish on their record a 30 point loss to Casey Demons. The Hawks took care of business against the Bullants last time out, winning by 57 points. In the meantime, the Sharks went down to the Suns by two points in a tight encounter and one which the Sharks could consider themselves unlucky to lose, given they had 24 scoring shots to 16, but kicked 10.14.74 to the Suns' 12.4.76.

As usual, the game will be broadcast live on the AFL website, while 3WBC 94.1FM will have live radio coverage of the game.

Teams to come.

After another bye, the Hawks are back in action on their home track against the Southport Sharks, who enter round 9 sitting eight on the ladder, with four win and four losses. The Hawks have only played six matches for the season, and sit 5-1, with the only blemish on their record a 30 point loss to Casey Demons. The Hawks took care of business against the Bullants last time out, winning by 57 points. In the meantime, the Sharks went down to the Suns by two points in a tight encounter and one which the Sharks could consider themselves unlucky to lose, given they had 24 scoring shots to 16, but kicked 10.14.74 to the Suns' 12.4.76.

As usual, the game will be broadcast live on the AFL website, while 3WBC 94.1FM will have live radio coverage of the game.

Teams to come.
I'm there looking forward to it

Ins: J. Scrimshaw, F. Greene, J. Serong, F. Maginness, D. Mascitti, E. Stanley, R. Maric

Outs: C. Mackenzie, J. Blanck, J. Koschitzke, S. Butler, E. Jeka, M. Sruk, L. Coghlan

Squad: 14. J Scrimshaw, 21. C Stephens, 24. D. Grainger-Barrass, 26. F Greene, 27. N Long, 29. J Serong, 32. F Maginness, 34. F O’Hara, 35. J Morris, 38. M Ramsden, 41. J Bennetts, 42. B Macdonald, 43. J O’Sullivan, 44. H Hustwaite, 50. D. Mascitti, 53. H Beasley, 55. C Porter, 57. J Thorpe, 60. E Phillips, 61. M Hall, 65. E Stanley, 66. C Brown, 72. R Maric (23rd man)

Emergencies: 54. J Trudgeon, 59. J Rule, 62. S Horner, 74. L Coghlan, 80. M Sruk, 82. C Bramble

Note Morrison and C Mac of the emergencies for HFC not named. Unusual, but refreshing to see a more realistic Box Hill team without the Hawthorn sub and travelling emergency included.

Is there a way of casting the stream onto your tv? My afl app doesn’t seem to offer the option, getting sick of watching these games on my phone haha

Is there a way of casting the stream onto your tv? My afl app doesn’t seem to offer the option, getting sick of watching these games on my phone haha

You can watch on your laptop via the AFL site. Doesn’t have to be on your mobile!

you might be able to do it from your PC to another device that supports "casting"

I havent done it yet, but if I right click on the player it offers me the ability to cast to my firestick or nvidia shield. my samsung tv is off atm so i dont know if that will work, but i have a suspicion it is compatible

Does your TV have an internet browser or the ability to get an internet browsing app? That's how I watch them but depends on the TV you have

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Southport look very quick across the ground. Lightning ball movement a few times has caught us out. They have some big targets up forward too so it should test DGB and co back there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back