AFLW Round 9 - 2024 AFLW season

Remove this Banner Ad

This started off looking like both teams were gonna kick 60+ again, and although the speed of the game remained pretty good, there was (I guess for a few understandable reasons) not much quality chains of play after the first 10 mins. Bit of a letdown.

If getting fiercely beaten in a who-wants-it-more contest earlier in the match vs the young Fleming didn't sum up Lily Mithen's season, damn that miss from ~20m out at the end sure did.

Not one game on the main channel in Melbourne,I know all the programming decisions are made in Sydney but still,how's the game supposed to truly grow if 7 aren't fair dinkum
I am guessing Seven has contractual obligations to broadcast the Cox Plate horse racing meeting and Supercars event on the main channel this weekend.

Zanker scoreless tonight and just the 7 touches including that brutal wayward handball, with 5:50 to go, over Goldrick's outstretched vertical arms.

Dees practically had a 2-on-1 inside 50, just needed to kick it long and Bannan would've run on to an easy goal:

24102024_1.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Round 9 - 2024 AFLW season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back