AFLW Round 9 - 2024 AFLW season

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, credit to Hawthorn, they're playing quality football, and they won all but one match they've been scheduled to play. I've been very impressed with their rise this season.

If we had a season where everyone played each other once, I'm quite confident they wouldn't finish top 2. I don't see that as being dismissive.
You're probably right, but at the same time we've been hearing since round 3 that the hawks would fall, and it hasn't happened.

Secondly, the teams are set up for 11 games, game style will change if everyone played everyone once. There's no guarantee that any of the top 8 would be where they are

Nat Exon 32 in December, made of glass, but can still turn her scarce touches into gold.

Or it could be said she's regained that efficiency in the past two years. I'm sure I had her retiring at the end of 2022.

Kate McCarthy, spokesperson for the small forward union, excuses two easy goal opportunities blown by Anderson, instead blaming passes which any AFLW player should be capitalising on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be telling that the heavily kick-oriented Saints' probable best passage of play for the season occurred at the start of Q3 with rapid run-and-carry and like 8 consecutive handballs.

All class, Brea Moody, all class.

Hey btw, it would be nice if the boundary umpires could finally stop ****ing around. Do they realise or even care how much time they burn off the clock? An every game occurrence.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Round 9 - 2024 AFLW season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back