Preview Round 9, 2024 : Hawks v Saints, 1:45pm Sat 11th May, UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Gunna has to play, especially without Chol and Lewis. Two things I have noticed with him though this year, he has changed his ball drop, when he was super accurate he generally held the ball at a very sharp angle whilst kicking for goal with fingers across the quarter seam, now he has changed his grip to a more traditional fingers down the quarter seam with poor accuracy. The other is that he is trying too often (like most of our forwards) to get the ball out the back and having lost some pace and jump, plus our generally poor kicking, this is not working as well and resulting in shots at goal from tight angles, I think he would be far better to lead and run at the kicker, he still has enough pace to lead and mark in front and this would result in shots at better angles.

Ins - Watson Ramsden
Outs - Morrison D’Ambrosio

I would bring in Ramsden to forward/ruck that way Dear can play as a permanent forward.

Hardwick Frost Scrimshaw
Impey Sicily Weddle
Mac Kenzie Worpel Maginness
C Mac Dear Moore
Watson Gunston Ginni
Meek Newcombe Day

Bench - Amon Ward Nash Ramsden
Sub D’Ambrosio
Massa out

Frustrated Headache GIF by Kelly Clarkson

Why would we change anything that just won us that game unless we had to? St Kilda don’t present more tall potency than the dogs with an out of form King, Membrey and Hayes right? Ramsden was pretty poor you can’t bring him in for that performance only Serong for mine warrants consideration if Sicily doesn’t come up or they want to play him forward again. If breust is ready bring him in for Ward and move mackenzie to sub he seems to have about 2-3 quarters of good footy in him before running out of juice.

Why would we change anything that just won us that game unless we had to? St Kilda don’t present more tall potency than the dogs with an out of form King, Membrey and Hayes right? Ramsden was pretty poor you can’t bring him in for that performance only Serong for mine warrants consideration if Sicily doesn’t come up or they want to play him forward again. If breust is ready bring him in for Ward and move mackenzie to sub he seems to have about 2-3 quarters of good footy in him before running out of juice.
Didn’t watch the game but Bodie Ryan’s stats looked good. Wonder if he could come in for Sicily, Hardwick forward?

I wish Carlton felt this way about Mckay last year and traded him to us for a 2nd round pick.
He’ll (Gunston) will earn a reprieve this week with Chol and Lewis ruled out. You don’t think the brains trusts at Carlton would have been concerned about Mackay’s yips? For the record Gunston has kicked 4 goals from 5 games and 11 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’ll (Gunston) will earn a reprieve this week with Chol and Lewis ruled out. You don’t think the brains trusts at Carlton would have been concerned about Mackay’s yips? For the record Gunston has kicked 4 goals from 5 games and 11 points.
I think you'd be far more concerned that a player wasn't getting in the position to take shots, I doubt it's as massive an issue as you're making out that he finished with 7.

So you want to drop a fwd that has generated 15 scoring shots across 6 games...3 of those games we were terrible and gave the fwd line barely a shot at having any success..

The Wizard has kicked 2.9... does that mean he should be playing at box hill? Id rather have fwds that are at least generating opportunities to score.

So you want to drop a fwd that has generated 15 scoring shots across 6 games...3 of those games we were terrible and gave the fwd line barely a shot at having any success..

The Wizard has kicked 2.9... does that mean he should be playing at box hill? Id rather have fwds that are at least generating opportunities to score.
When Chol was ruled out I changed my mind. Had Chol been selected, Gunston would have been down at City Oval this weekend for mine. With Breust’s imminent return, Watson’s spot in the team the week is not a fait accompli. All of Moore, Ginnivan and MacDonald are ahead of him at selection.

Didn’t watch the game but Bodie Ryan’s stats looked good. Wonder if he could come in for Sicily, Hardwick forward?
He was ok he’s developing well but a bit off it which is no issue. Let’s leave him develop maybe a debut late this year but would be an odd choice over Serong who was clearly BoG.

We've won 2/3 since Morrison returned full time.

One of Ward or Mackenzie for Breust IMO. Although I'd love them both to keep getting full games for development.

Frenchy is a good sub option considering he's still struggling to fully run games out.

Punky returning to the sub vest like the way he started his career could be fun as well.

One of Ward or Mackenzie for Breust IMO. Although I'd love them both to keep getting full games for development.

Frenchy is a good sub option considering he's still struggling to fully run games out.

Punky returning to the sub vest like the way he started his career could be fun as well.

Morrison was good against North, but was poor against Sydney (so was everyone) and anonymous against the Doggies.

I think it will be one of Ward or Mackenzie making way first, maybe both, but after that if someone else that isn't a KPP is making way it's most likely going to be him. Breust and Mitchell will both probably be available.

When Chol was ruled out I changed my mind. Had Chol been selected, Gunston would have been down at City Oval this weekend for mine. With Breust’s imminent return, Watson’s spot in the team the week is not a fait accompli. All of Moore, Ginnivan and MacDonald are ahead of him at selection.
If we play both Gunston and Breust together then we need Watson's pace more than ever

I think that was more lucky timing on his behalf rather than his performance.

He looked great against North but as the opposition improves the worse he plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back