Game Day Round 9 - Collingwood v Geelong, 1:45pm Saturday, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lonergan seen at Highton Shopping centre...

Ruggles in...

GO Catters
Someone needs to tell Domsy to leave the shopping until after the final teams have been announced if we are trying to play smoke and shadows

From the KROCK Brian Cook interview

BC very happy with the club position now - that its been 24 months in the making - both on and off the field. All boats are lifting.

Growth and change to the environment in the footy world is constant and you have to plan to keep up with it.

The onfield success and things thus far have not changed for the 500k loss this year, but the balance sheet has challenges still. Debt from Stg 2 and 3, we are still 13 million in the tank.

BC has said we have about 11.5 million of the 13 million covered.

By next year, we should have best AFL facilities and be debt free.

No easy task but we are getting there. Its always been a challange but getting a good profit on 26k crowds you cant make money. Had to get the # up to increase the profit margin.

By the time stg 4 is done GFC will have put 20 million in the KP.

BC wants more money from AFL to keep clubs afloat.

The 300k equalisation last year and 400k this year. BC still mad about it. The AFL put no mechanism to adjust the equalisation fees once the projections were lodged 2 years ago. And he reckons the AFL privately would admit they got it wrong and will change it going forward - and the 5 million its raised over the 2 years and spread it over the clubs has had no real effect - other than hamstringing the middle clubs.

BC reckons the players wont strike in his opinion, but wont rule it out as he does not speak for them.

BC suggests the womens team is up in the air. 8 teams could be hard for GFC to get one, but 10 should get us home.

BC says AFL has given no guarantee that GFC will play home final - unlike GWS that has been given one.
The Etihad contract makes finals at GFC hard - and makes the Cats play games at Etihad the next year which is entirely unfair on us to make up the Etihad game deficiency.

Aiming for 8 home games next year and AFL has not guaranteed it. 9 is the target for 2018. The sooner Etihad is owned by the AFL the sooner we get those 9 games.

BC says the team have on field confidence in themselves and us.

List management wise - the patience and perseverance with the LTI's has been a model that works well - its risky - but sets a great example both inside and outside the club. There are downsides with maintaining them - it can backfire, but so far its worked overall well for us in his opinion.

Club has been innovating with less training hours and not training day before game. Given the players and coaches more 1 on 1 time before the game itself with the game plan.

No mention of Blighty getting a look into innovate the club with new tactics to win. :D

Go Catters

Not a journo so best I could do sorry..

Pumped for this one!
So excited at the way we have been playing the last month. I'm not sure that is a bad sign (me being this excited), I am known to bring a bit of bad luck whenever I give us a chance but I love the way we look up forward and our back-line is really starting to gel. There's been a lot of trial and error these last few years . . . Guthrie, Ruggles, Bews, Kolo etc, but it appears Guthrie is definitely a champion defender in the making but at the same time, a terrific midfielder too so we now know we can move him to the back-line when Enright retires (if need be).

Hopefully Hawkins kicks his first bag of the season.

Should be a fairly even game for three quarters but I reckon we have a little too much creativity in the side.

Not surprised 'The Rug' is coming in for Domsy this week. I thought CS was playing selection games when he said Domsy should play depending etc. A guy with his history will always need a week off to recover properly.

Anyway, I'm quietly confident about this game but I know Collingwood has a habit of beating us when we least expect it. I love how the media has been quoting the farce of a NAB Challenge game earlier this season. That game was clearly fixed IMO, and irrelevant to today.

It'll be interesting to see how the boys cope with the wider ground, although I don't believe one training session on their new MCG-sized oval at Deakin is the panacea CatsTV tried to make out. It's not just the oval at the G that makes it unique, it's the huge stands and how the wind swirls around in there too. Then add the pressure of performing in front of 60,000+ people.

Looking forward to this game. Go Cats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lonergan is a loss, Cox played very well against Taylor and Henderson in the NAB cup, they were both just too short when isolated.
Midfield pressure was non-existent during that period. More worried about Sidebottom and their smaller forwards hurting us on the scoreboard.

Selwood is star.

The little special kid was too scared to run when JS ran past him - stopped and halted the team run out and grabbed the kid and his mum and ran out with them to ensure the kid got his moment.

This bloke is just everything that makes you luv the players as people first, players next.

Well done Joel Selwood.

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back