Round 9 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Buddy, Titchell, Lewis and Mills. Rubbish viewing, rubbish night. Only buddy can hold his head high.
I feel Titch can. Was handed the job of tagging Sam Mitchell from the start so was never gonna get a big score, but he still managed a respectable 87 and kept Horse happy by killing Sitch. 87s not great obviously but with the role he played it's not too bad.

Welcome to the up and down ride of Lewis new Lewis-owners.

Has looked shithouse all season - so it's good he's a bit more popular. More people can suffer with me on his down games :$

Below average night - noone tonning up

Mills - 59
Lewis - 73 :thumbsdown:
Birchall - 60 :thumbsdown:
Mitchell - 87
Hewett - 82 :thumbsu:

I've had one good and one bad from him. Brisbane next week, so should be back to good.

It's going to be a bumpy ride, I can tell.

Oh, it is. He's looked absolutely shit this season, even when he tons up. 3 scores around 60 and 73 in 9 rounds.

At this stage I'll be holding him through to his rd 15 bye before I look at upgrading him. Finishing my team is a higher priority.

Also semi-annoyed about Tippett. I seriously considered bringing him in this week as a POD forward, but he didn't fit my structure so I opted for Simpson.

But I can't really complain as I have a lot of exposure to him in the Draftstars 10k tournament.

Oh, it is. He's looked absolutely shit this season, even when he tons up. 3 scores around 60 and 73 in 9 rounds.

At this stage I'll be holding him through to his rd 15 bye before I look at upgrading him. Finishing my team is a higher priority.

Ah well, for me I got what I paid for at around $480k. Not going to be as consistent as the uber premiums worth $100k more, but should pump out some tons at a value price. Hopefully he ends up around M7/8.

If not for all the outs this week and needing my trades just to avoid 0's. I would have traded him this week, last few scores were rubbish, and then he goes and hits 53 tonight. Hardly a half time score for him normally. Against Brisbane he may give us some false hope and hit a big score, but I still think if you have the luxury of a trade maybe after that before he drops anymore. Teams have learnt to shut him down. He will still hit some big scores this year but consistency has gone I think. But then again, with all these outs we are getting its hard to field a full team, so until it relaxes. He is safe.

That's true, I'm only able to field 20 this week and unless Aaron Hall and Daniel Wells can come back next week Sam Mitchell will have to stay in my side. My trades will have to be reserved for someone who can give me some score above zero, not just someone who can improve on Sam's meagre offerings. And if I do have to trade out Wells and Hall it gives me $552K(Hall)+$398K(Wells)+$154K(spare)=$1104K. Although I do also have Clay Cameron($269K/DEF), Daniel Howe($285K?DEF) or Tom Papley($310K/FWD) who I could consider trading.

My leagues will be interesting this week, all my opponents have 22 players against my 20.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A so so day for me today:

D: Mullett
M: Sidey, Danger, Cripps, J.Smith, Davis, MacPherson
F: Walters, Kerridge

I am hoping Walters becomes a good unique!!!!!

Hopefully. I'm noticing its harder this year than others to find some good unique options. I have on Average 10 to 15 matching players against my opponent every week. Means your relying on a few players instead of a team to get you the win. Also makes choosing a Captain painful. Nailing that can be everything.

Hopefully. I'm noticing its harder this year than others to find some good unique options. I have on Average 10 to 15 matching players against my opponent every week. Means your relying on a few players instead of a team to get you the win. Also makes choosing a Captain painful. Nailing that can be everything.

When you are like that as well, it is hard to climb up the rankings. Because if you do well, so does everybody else. Where I am @ ~1000, I will be trying to add uniques that I think will be keepers.

Playing today:

Backs: Simpson
Mids: Neale, Dangerfield, Duncan, Macpherson
Fwd: Kerridge

Very quiet day now that I look at it. Bulk of my players come tomorrow.

Ruggles comes in late for Lonergan. Means I have a defensive emergency at least. And he'll gain some more value. :thumbsu:

Surprised he was dropped! i wouldve fielded him ahead of Mills if i wasnt at work but Mills 59 wasnt the worse i checked at qtr time and thoguht finally hes doing something then it stopped.

Surprised he was dropped! i wouldve fielded him ahead of Mills if i wasnt at work but Mills 59 wasnt the worse i checked at qtr time and thoguht finally hes doing something then it stopped.

Agree. Bews was horrendous last week, cost Geelong about 4 goals from skill errors/falling over. Given they're playing similar roles, not sure how Ruggles got dropped ahead of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 9 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back