Preview Round 9: Essendon vs Fremantle, Docklands, Sunday 16/05/2021 @ 1:10 PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone like Cutler works well as a sub because he's a very strong runner that can cut you up on the outside, Ambrose is only one of those two.

I think we'll see Cutler / Zaharakis as the sub, Guelfi in to the 22, Langford playing more minutes forward.

Ambrose isn't really analogus to Stringer in how they play. Ham if dropped should play a full game in the VFL instead of have a week off as the sub.
Cutler did his calf a couple weeks back in the VFL. He probably won't be available for a while.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cutler did his calf a couple weeks back in the VFL. He probably won't be available for a while.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Zaharakis is similar, you need someone that can come in and play a few different roles to a passable level. Ambrose has the tank to get up the ground so I suppose he's an option, but we seem to have gone with Cutler, Zaharakis and Guelfi so far who are all mobile players that can play anywhere aside from as a KPP.

I can't be alone in not rating Ned Cahill and not wanting him near this team. Guelfi, Ham or Zaharakis potentially as the sub or bring in Waterman to replace Stringer up forward. Any other option.
Guelfi and Ham will both be in the 22.

Can’t see how Cahill as the sub is any worse than Cutler who was sub 3 or 4 weeks in a row. Fits the versatile approach we’ve been taking with our subs, and odds are he won’t even be used. Zaka is the only other player I’d consider (and Waterman if fit, but I’d probably let him play VFL) and he is probably due for a full game.

Can’t see how Cahill as the sub is any worse than Cutler who was sub 3 or 4 weeks in a row. Fits the versatile approach we’ve been taking with our subs, and odds are he won’t even be used. Zaka is the only other player I’d consider (and Waterman if fit) and he is probably due for a full game.
Gleeson? I'd rather not go with still developing players, give them plenty of time in the VFL.

Gleeson? I'd rather not go with still developing players, give them plenty of time in the VFL.
If he’s fit, sure. Kinda forgot about him after he disappeared off the map for a while there.

Can’t see how Cahill as the sub is any worse than Cutler who was sub 3 or 4 weeks in a row. Fits the versatile approach we’ve been taking with our subs, and odds are he won’t even be used. Zaka is the only other player I’d consider (and Waterman if fit, but I’d probably let him play VFL) and he is probably due for a full game.

Cahill is a much less versatile option than Cutler...

Cahill is a much less versatile option than Cutler...
Is he really though? Played forward last year, back start of this year. Has even gone in the middle a little bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he really though? Played forward last year, back start of this year. Has even gone in the middle a little bit.

Yes, he really is.

Cutler is taller, heavier, faster, with better endurance and a better kick. Can play HBF / Wing / HFF.

Cahill has played as a small forward & defender at AFL level, neither to anything approaching a high standard.

As much as people don't rate Cutler, he's clearly better than Cahill right now. Better to play Cahill in the VFL every week and find out if he'll even make it to the 'good VFL player' level and use guys like Zaharakis / Cutler / Gleeson to take sub duties.

Cutler is taller, heavier, faster, with better endurance and a better kick. Can play HBF / Wing / HFF.

Cahill has played as a small forward & defender at AFL level, neither to anything approaching a high standard.

As much as people don't rate Cutler, he's clearly better than Cahill right now.

Don't agree with either of these, and I'd just prefer to blood a youngster.

Throw the pieces around abit this week.

Rest Hooker but allow him to travel and sit in the stands drinking wine with his family.

Rest Cox because he needs one.

Stringer misses due to injury.

Out: Stringer, Cox, Hooker

In: Guelfi, Ambrose, Cahill

Zaka as sub.

I've come to realise we could really turn the season around starting from this game on Sunday. I've got tremendous faith in the team that they will play to their best abilities. Hopefully they give this game a red hot go. Perhaps even win, but my enjoyment from here on out is just watching my team play good football.

Have you seen Cahill kick?

Cutler is a strong runner, and can hoof it 50+ without a drama.

I'd rather Cahill work on whatever it is he needs to work on in a full game in the VFL than have him sit on the bench in the AFL level just in case we need him.
Problem with cutler is he has done 2/3 of **** all every time given a chance. He is soft as butter. He ball watches and yes he can bomb it 50m and that's all he does. He doesn't seem to be able to lower his eyes and hit a target

Problem with cutler is he has done 2/3 of fu** all every time given a chance. He is soft as butter. He ball watches and yes he can bomb it 50m and that's all he does. He doesn't seem to be able to lower his eyes and hit a target

He was fine as the sub I thought, I don't think he should be anywhere near the starting 22 unless we get some more injuries, but sub-wise he did what we needed him to do.

Better a ready-to-go AFL body than a young kid who may struggle to get involved and would benefit from a full game in the VFL.

The subs for the entire year should go to one of Zaka, Gleeson, Cutler and Guelfi. Like they're the perfect candidates for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back