Preview Round 9: Essendon vs Fremantle, Docklands, Sunday 16/05/2021 @ 1:10 PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen Cahill kick?

Cutler is a strong runner, and can hoof it 50+ without a drama.

I'd rather Cahill work on whatever it is he needs to work on in a full game in the VFL than have him sit on the bench in the AFL level just in case we need him.
Hoofing it 50 isn’t really the AFL definition of a good kick. Kicking it to a teammate is I reckon.

Hoofing it 50 isn’t really the AFL definition of a good kick. Kicking it to a teammate is I reckon.

Still underrating Cutler here, he's a decent long kick in an AFL ready body that suits being the sub. I'm not arguing he should be best-22, just that we're far better served putting Cahill in the VFL for full games than we are having him sit on the bench as the sub, when in all likelihood, Cutler would contribute more if he had to come on (and did an acceptable job when he was sub).

iirc as far as champion data is concerned under 50 metres it has to go to a teammate to count as effective. Over 50 and it's considered effective regardless, probably because even if it becomes a contested ball it's still 50 metres closer to your goals.

iirc as far as champion data is concerned under 50 metres it has to go to a teammate to count as effective. Over 50 and it's considered effective regardless, probably because even if it becomes a contested ball it's still 50 metres closer to your goals.
Only if it isn't an intercept.

tom cutler - effective disposal master

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi lads, been hearing some mail that Ridley's carrying a knee niggle. Had it strapped up and was limping a bit apparently. Anyone on here got any further info on that? This definitely has nothing to do with Supercoach btw

Hi lads, been hearing some mail that Ridley's carrying a knee niggle. Had it strapped up and was limping a bit apparently. Anyone on here got any further info on that? This definitely has nothing to do with Supercoach btw
Knee is definitely strapped. Don't know if he's limping. Barely in any of the training photos but he's on the left of this one, catching the tennis ball; E1UmbIuVEAM7DAk.jpeg
And at the back of the group here, standing next to Cox:
E1Uw0psUUAULaS4.jpeg
That's the main training group, all of them played last week – the modified group are in some of the other pics (all from @CharlieDons on twitter, fwiw).

So I would say he's carrying a niggle but still intending to play. He played with broken ribs a bit last year and still won the BnF, so don't let that dissuade you too much.

Knee is definitely strapped. Don't know if he's limping. Barely in any of the training photos but he's on the left of this one, catching the tennis ball;View attachment 1127209
And at the back of the group here, standing next to Cox:
View attachment 1127210
That's the main training group, all of them played last week – the modified group are in some of the other pics (all from @CharlieDons on twitter, fwiw).

So I would say he's carrying a niggle but still intending to play. He played with broken ribs a bit last year and still won the BnF, so don't let that dissuade you too much.
Thanks a lot mate, appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back