Game Day Round 9: Hawks vs Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crucial from Rioli.

Listen, they have played out of their skins and the Hawks have been arguably the worst they've been this year. Combine that with a horrible run of luck, the fact we are within 4 goals is not too bad.

Put a rocket up them, we're only half way, lets give them a chance to redeem themselves

where is plan b from clarko..?

81172379.jpg

Our midfield is slow, and lacks the players that can hurt from first possession. We really rely on supplementary players to take advantage of our insiders midfielders - Birchall, Smith, Suckers, WX, Savage. If they don't, we really struggle. We we can't win the clearances, they struggle too.

Both of happened today.

I totally agree...not ONE player that stands out for us:(
you know the tiges are running rings around us

buddy, i'm calling it now son - YOU DO NOT OWN THAT POCKET ANY MORE.

i, for one, notice the missed ones from that pocket.

unless you are following team orders, that is, to constantly kick points to keep the scoreboard 'ticking over' and maintain 'scoreboard pressure' and give the ball back to the opposition via kick-ins. in which case, keep doing the team thing buddy.

Crucial from Rioli.

Listen, they have played out of their skins and the Hawks have been arguably the worst they've been this year. Combine that with a horrible run of luck, the fact we are within 4 goals is not too bad.

Put a rocket up them, we're only half way, lets give them a chance to redeem themselves

Hopefully this will even up also: Frees For 6: Frees Against 13

I'm sick of the Clarkson game plan.

The Tigers have 'Rance' as their key defender on Buddy.

They have no other tall defenders of note.

Why a combo of Franklin/Rough or Franklin/Hale arent' permanently in the forward line is beyond me. :confused:

Having said that our midfield is getting thrashed again.

It doesn't help that we keep bombing it long to our shorter players in 2 on 1 contests.

Our goalkicking has also been abysmal. AGAIN!

Rioli is seriously single handlelingly keeping us in this.
If the rain holds off, surely we can only lift from here. that was an effin disgraceful first half, but somehow i still reckon we're right in this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For as bad as we've been the, the scoreboard looks worse then it should.

I believe we've had 14 shots on goal, all gettable for a return of 4 goals, 8 behinds and 2 out on the OOF. Scores would be round about level if we could convert set shots at an AFL standard. At the moment, in both this game and our last few we are well below park football standard in that department.

This half was very very similar to how we played the second half against the Swans. We were disinterested, didn't work hard enough and made it far too easy. Richmond have been good but we have shown nothing. Buddy couldn't kick a goal to save his life at the moment and we are being smashed in the centre. Every player can lift in the second half as I don't think there is one player out there for us that is playing anywhere near their best.

Knowing that we play only 1/2 or 3 qtrs of footy, any chance our slow start was a plan to save ourselves for the 2nd half?

Sorry if y'all think im taking the piss (I think I am, not sure?!!?!),but we gotta have some hope.

Can't quite understand how we're only 4 goals down, seems they should be way further ahead than this.

Hard tags on Cotchin and Martin will change this game. Richmond relies completely on burst out of the centre. I think Sewell will have to take one and perhaps Smith or Sheils (not sure if he has the pace to go with him) the other one.

I'm sick of the Clarkson game plan.

The Tigers have 'Rance' as their key defender on Buddy.

They have no other tall defenders of note.

Why a combo of Franklin/Rough or Franklin/Hale arent' permanently in the forward line is beyond me. :confused:

Considering almost every time we go forward we are basically bombing it long into the 50, yes this would seem like a very obvious move to make.... to everyone but Clarkson apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back