Round 9 Ins/Outs

Remove this Banner Ad

Power was told by a club a coach an admin in spring 2007 that as a footballer and employee of the Western Bulldogs he was not deemed good enough and was not required at their club. He was told his services were not required. He was told you are not in our plans for the future. He was told to clean out his locker and to leave. He was sacked. He was shafted. He was delisted. This from a team that finished bottom 8 that season. So for a team that performed so poorly he was one of the worst.

I leave my point at this-he was delisted-definition- to delete from a list, as one that doesnt indicate acceptability, legitimacy, or the like.

Or in simple words he was told to **** off. Hes seconds to us.

Sorry to burst your bubble Tazza, but the worst thing about this whole farce was that Power wasn't delisted, we gave away a draft pick in the 30's if I remember rightly?

How's the Bulldogs from. Over the last few year's they have got rid of Sam Power, Jordan McMahon and Farren Ray all for decent picks. Now that's some great list management.

If we are playing the youth why are we playing 2 old taggers? Lower is young and would likely have a future under a new coach when Power wouldnt and Brady?
4 ruckmen? Is a liability while Petrie is underperforming and Hale is playing shit. Whats wrong with Hale? Has he lost the plot? 8 weeks and our coaches still have no answer to how we can kick a score? If Edwards looks like superman all of a sudden something is wrong. Wouldnt be a real problem to rest Hale and bring in Jones or Smith.
Where is Greenwood? WTF. In Greenwood we trust. Arent we playing youth?
Power. Doh. Huge black mark against a coach trying to rebuild.
Harris, cant believe how dumb our master strategist is, he needs to fix his relationships at the club and does he even give a shit? He fails to recognize the impact Harro has at times. Is JYD playing these stupid games again like where he pretended to drop Power?

Whats with the never ending injuries to guys like Anthony, JWS etc. Are our rehab and medical crew as useless as our selection commitee/coaches?

My great uncle " Les Reeves " no. 24 back in the 50's , played for this pround club and he always said it was a " HONOUR " because its a great family club and has loyal supporters , lets all get back be being united on all fronts, from the Admin, coaches , players duds or not, Go the mighty Roos .

Exciting times for all in the next 2-5 years this side will build nicely, its all positive.;):eek:[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. And if your great uncle was coach of the reserves in 1960 when I was 'trying out' with them I'd never argue with anything he ever said.
Great man and tough as.

So, what does everyone think about Power being named in the side?

:D:D

Good question Urmoe.

I expect him to go to Pavlich or Haselby and minimise their effectiveness if they play a midfield role.

He was going to play on Broughton but he's been left out of the side.

If we are playing the youth why are we playing 2 old taggers? Lower is young and would likely have a future under a new coach when Power wouldnt and Brady?
4 ruckmen? Is a liability while Petrie is underperforming and Hale is playing shit. Whats wrong with Hale? Has he lost the plot? 8 weeks and our coaches still have no answer to how we can kick a score? If Edwards looks like superman all of a sudden something is wrong. Wouldnt be a real problem to rest Hale and bring in Jones or Smith.
Where is Greenwood? WTF. In Greenwood we trust. Arent we playing youth?
Power. Doh. Huge black mark against a coach trying to rebuild.
Harris, cant believe how dumb our master strategist is, he needs to fix his relationships at the club and does he even give a shit? He fails to recognize the impact Harro has at times. Is JYD playing these stupid games again like where he pretended to drop Power?

Whats with the never ending injuries to guys like Anthony, JWS etc. Are our rehab and medical crew as useless as our selection commitee/coaches?

bzzzzzzz

blowfly4.jpg

Sorry to burst your bubble Tazza, but the worst thing about this whole farce was that Power wasn't delisted, we gave away a draft pick in the 30's if I remember rightly?

How's the Bulldogs from. Over the last few year's they have got rid of Sam Power, Jordan McMahon and Farren Ray all for decent picks. Now that's some great list management.

I think it was a pick swap,so we dropped down the pecking order a bit, but i could be wrong.

I agree with the first 2 but Ray has done well at the saints.

I'm glad i was late to this party, because i could just skip pages 2-13.

Am looking forward to seeing how our young centre line performs:
C: Ben Ross, Jack Ziebell, Sam Wright

We only play two ruckmen, McIntosh and Goldstein, which most clubs play with two. The other talls need to prove value in their respective positions because they are not ruckmen.

He had the ball 10 times with 4 turnovers, I'm glad you are easily impressed. Oh by the way the guy he was supposedly tagging had 31 too!

Good job Sammy:thumbsu:

You have serious problems for even trying to compare Ross and Power. Ross is just trying to make his way in the game while Power has had plenty of time to sort his shit out.

Are you impressed with 13 possessions and 6 clangers? And I am still tring to figure out who was accountable for Bartel. Can you shed some light on the subject?

Change the name Power to Harris and change the name Ross to Ziebell and then you might understand why Harro was dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet they still have Cameron White and Wayde Skipper still on the list. That is some great list management.

Unless it's a hard tag, most midfielders will spend some time opposed to almost all of their opposing midfield group. Swallow, Harris, Lower and Riggio would have been "on" Bartel at various times.

We only play two ruckmen, McIntosh and Goldstein, which most clubs play with two. The other talls need to prove value in their respective positions because they are not ruckmen.

I disagree if needed both Hale and Petrie can play ruck and both have proved themselves. Ideally we would like Petrie playing loose man in defence as he gets more of the ball and with Boomer out he can be more vocal from that position.

The only problem is our "forward" line with so many injuries and underperformance we rely on the midfielders to score goals and part time forwards.

There is one point you cannot argue about Sam Power. Its a fact and its true and only negatives about him as an AFL footballer can be drawn from it.
Power was told by a club a coach an admin in spring 2007 that as a footballer and employee of the Western Bulldogs he was not deemed good enough and was not required at their club. He was told his services were not required. He was told you are not in our plans for the future. He was told to clean out his locker and to leave. He was sacked. He was shafted. He was delisted.

Actually, I think you will find that he was offered another contract at the Bulldogs but chose to come and play for us in search of more opportunities.

Besides, we picked him up in exchange for pick 48 at the same time that we managed to offload Moran for pick 37. Just be thankful we don't have Terry for a coach who traded pick 19 for Jordy McMahon.:eek:

Laidley has NFI.

1. Power is a nothing player and by playing him Dean is accepting mediocrity.
2. Brady shouldn't be rushed back either IMO. Game has gone past him.
3. Riggio did some ok things last week and should be persisted with ahead of Power and/or Rawlings.

These 3 things are givens IMO - It is very hard to say we are rebuilding when these 2 blokes are getting games ahead of Riggio, Greenwood and even Garlett.

I will not be attending this weeks game based on the continued selection of one S. Power. He is not and never will be a North Melbourne style footballer.

Cut your losses now Dean and you might get a new contract. Team selections are the only thing holding you back IMO.

Yeah it is hard to say we are rebuilding when Warren, Ziebell, Thompson, Grima, Gav, Ross and Goldstein are all in the team.

What a great way to protest your unhappiness with team selections. More people should follow your lead and let's see what the club does when less than 10000 people turn up to a game.

And you have outed yourself as an un-North Melbourne style supporter.:thumbsdown:

Were you at the Cattery on Saturday? Well I was. And I am not giving up a 21 degree day to watch that shit when I can enjoy the National Golf Course in all its splendour.

Playing Sam Power is accepting mediocrity and I will be having no part of that.

Greenwood should be in the team if we are rebuilding.

Idiot! Read all of MY posts!

I'M NOT saying throw every bloody kid on our list under the age of 21.

My stance is that it is fine to play the kids but it is important to have a balance of experience as well. Picking your best 22 usually doesn't go astray either!

Every bloody week after we get belted, Laidley rambles on for half an hour about how many players in the team have played less than X games.

If he plays Jones, who based on form, deserves another go, and doesn't drop Harris like he did this week, then he can save himself half an hour of dribbling sh!t.
Steady there fella. I know ALL of your posts are important to you, but please forgive me for not taking my leisure time to do the research. Can I suggest you follow the lead of your moniker and loosen up?

I get it. Was making a general point that Laidley has been damned for not playing the kids, and now we see a post like yours, where there is criticism for playing too many. I get that you're after balance, and sorry if you felt sleighted by my flippant remark.

DarwinRoo said:
...I do find that there are a lot of people on this website that consider themselves footballing experts when generally they don't have a clue.
Actually, DR, I reckon you think they think they’re footballing experts, when really they, like you, simply follow the club passionately and have opinions. They argue for them, like you. No more, no less.

I don't always agree with your views, but I do like that you're prepared to express them in the face of 'popular opinion'. The arguments to and fro give me insights, and lead me to think about, and see things differently.

I reckon you've done well at highlighting that the Harris/Power debate is somewhat erroneous, and that Ziebell is the real competitor for Harris' job and agree that his (current and future) capacity is greater. To my mind, I'm not as convinced about Swallow and see he and Harro as interchangeable.

What I do feel got lost in the debate though, was what you think of Power's ability (vis-a-vis no-one). In other words, without comparing him to anyone else, what do you think of him as a player? Do you agree with his selection this week? How do you see his future (role) at the club? I do agree that his disposal has been unfairly criticised and can be good (though wasn't last weekend). And/but, I also agree with others that he is mediocre (not alone here) and isn't a real prospect.

I'll be going, however, I also don't accept mediocrity, so does that make me a fence sitter?

Yeah it is hard to say we are rebuilding when Warren, Ziebell, Thompson, Grima, Gav, Ross and Goldstein are all in the team.

What a great way to protest your unhappiness with team selections. More people should follow your lead and let's see what the club does when less than 10000 people turn up to a game.

Don't you like, live in Darwin?

So therefore you don't attend any games. Slightly hypocritical wouldn't you say?

So all your ideals/opinions are based on what you see on TV.

No wonder you are clueless.

Don't worry, I am sure Arjen is not a hyporcrite and would not have attended games when we were playing Shane Clayton in 1999.

Or would he have not given a **** about some stupid stance about North Melbourne style footballers because we were winning?

If you can't be ****ed going and would rather play golf, just say it. As with the tightarses who look for any reason to make a stance against buying memberships, you look a like a fool with these shit justifications.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 9 Ins/Outs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back