Round 9 - St Kilda vs Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Even though Sandy have the bye, your comments make sense
No point in BJ getting 45 touches in the VFL

didnt know sandy had the bye this weekend :eek:

However, that means if players get dropped they're really out of form as they'd have this weekend off and next weekend in the twos.

5 senior players dropped is what i'm hearing for this weekend.. Anyone hearing the same?

wow, 5 you say!!!! i wonder if thats true

could be these players
mcqualter,
gram
baker

2 more?

goddard? doubt it?
jones?

Maybe Big Ben having a rest against the ruckmanless Demons?? Surely Ray wouldnt given he was back after illness

But 5 changes is a hell lot...

Maybe:

OUT: Baker, Mini, Polo, Kosi, Gram
IN: Joey, Winmar, Lynch, Archer, Smith

Surely Polo wouldnt be rated as a senior player, and he did nearly as much ( or little ) as Armitage.

Arrggh how could I forget to put Joey back in.
Would have to go something like that.
Joey for sure.
Lynch for sure.
Winmar pretty certain.
Smith pretty certain.
Maybe one of Stanley/Archer if Kosi or McEvoy get dropped.

I think your point, SS, is clearly proven by Smith. He wasn't dropped because he was bad, but because he was tired. The rigours of AFL footy had been a bit too much for him, and he needed a break. The more I think about it, I don't think that'll happen with Cripps though, because he's been playing mainly as a sub. In retrospect, he and Smith should probably rotate as subs.

Hopefully Lynchy has overcome his dose of concussion from last weekend.....

But yea i would like to see Polo given another game, was trying to find 5 guys to be dropped if youngsaint is correct in 5 changes....

Maybe Big Ben having a rest against the ruckmanless Demons?? Surely Ray wouldnt given he was back after illness

mcevoy could be buggered perhaps from taking the ruck duties all year basically by himself? would make sense that if he can be rested he should be to prevent injury?

Kosi, Mini, Baker, uh...? Then, I dunno, Gilbert? Ugh, don't want Jones or Gram out, but they're the closest I can see to making five. Dempster's been great, and we need one stopper out of him and Bakes. Milney and Schneids are fine. Gwilt's fine, Sammy's awesome, Goddard and Roo aren't getting dropped. Ray's just back. Dal and Armo are doing okay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mcevoy could be buggered perhaps from taking the ruck duties all year basically by himself? would make sense that if he can be rested he should be to prevent injury?

Yea that was my thinking. Especially as we arent likely to make finals or have a decent crack at the premiership anymore that i think we can expect Gardiner to announce his retirement sometime before the next bye... Means he still would have another 15 weeks of shouldering the load.

Kosi, Mini, Baker, uh...? Then, I dunno, Gilbert? Ugh, don't want Jones or Gram out, but they're the closest I can see to making five. Dempster's been great, and we need one stopper out of him and Bakes. Milney and Schneids are fine. Gwilt's fine, Sammy's awesome, Goddard and Roo aren't getting dropped. Ray's just back. Dal and Armo are doing okay.

Schneids is playing as he isnt attending the sponsorship function :cool:

Yea that was my thinking. Especially as we arent likely to make finals or have a decent crack at the premiership anymore that i think we can expect Gardiner to announce his retirement sometime before the next bye... Means he still would have another 15 weeks of shouldering the load.

i'd be tempted to rest macca, play kosi as number 1 ruck and bring in another young tall such as archer this week for experience.

In: Jason Blake, Leigh Montagna, Brett Peake, Nicholas Winmar
Out: Steven Baker, Jason Gram, Ben McEvoy, Andrew McQualter

I don't know what to think of that. We are rewarding effort, however, which is great to see.

Good to see Winmar make his debut in such a monumental round for the indigenous. I hope he plays well.

St Kilda

* B: Sam Gilbert, Zac Dawson, Farren Ray
* HB: Sean Dempster, Sam Fisher, James Gwilt
* C: Brendon Goddard, David Armitage, Dean Polo
* HF: Brett Peake, Nick Riewoldt, Adam Schneider
* F: Stephen Milne, Justin Koschitzke, Arryn Siposs
* Foll: Jason Blake, Nick Dal Santo, Leigh Montagna
* I/C: Clinton Jones, Jack Steven, Nicholas Winmar, Jamie Cripps
* Emg: Ben McEvoy, Andrew McQualter, Ryan Gamble

* In: Jason Blake, Leigh Montagna, Brett Peake, Nicholas Winmar
* Out: Steven Baker, Jason Gram, Ben McEvoy, Andrew McQualter
* New: Nicholas Winmar (Scarborough)

Nice to see Winmar debut.

but certainly a bit of ..................... Same old same old?

Baker, Gram and McQualter represent the same old same old in a sense as well.

If Blake and Peake are working hard enough in the VFL, I have no problems with them coming in. Right now, I just want to see our players working hard. If Peake and Blake offer that, then I'm all for them.

It might just be to give Macca a break though.

I think Lyon wants to exploit Melbourne's ruck problems ... around the ground. Blake and Kosi to hold down the ruck duties.

No problem with the other three outs. Peake is an interesting one, and the emergencies would be the most games we've had in that group all year. Would have probably preferred to see Al Smith in rather than Peake at this stage.

About time Mcevoy was given the bullet has done nothing all season. No point taking a few marks around the ground when we are getting smashed in the centre week in week out. Couldn't even match it with Roughhead last week. Needs to work on his rucking skills asap. Those who believe he is being rested need to watch the game a little closer. Good to see Gram get the bullet also, overrated football cant hit the side of a barn, Mcqualter justified.

Baker, Gram and McQualter represent the same old same old in a sense as well.

If Blake and Peake are working hard enough in the VFL, I have no problems with them coming in. Right now, I just want to see our players working hard. If Peake and Blake offer that, then I'm all for them.

It might just be to give Macca a break though.

Peake is the only guy who has been an effective sub for us this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 9 - St Kilda vs Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back