Game Day Round 9 vs. Western Bulldogs, Fri 13/05, 7:50pm MRVL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we won’t have to deal with the flu this week.It’s clear that illness has affected the playing group in the last two weeks,with some pretty low energy performances from the players.Luckily we were able to get away with a win against the Gold Coast,but we couldn’t do that against a better side like Richmond,

Hopefully we won’t have to deal with the flu this week.It’s clear that illness has affected the playing group in the last two weeks,with some pretty low energy performances from the players.Luckily we were able to get away with a win against the Gold Coast,but we couldn’t do that against a better side like Richmond,
GCS can't be too bad if they can beat Sydney away from the Gold Coast.

This is spot on. No doubt it has smacked our best 22 the past 2 games.

We knocked off the Suns in a game of circle work which was the worst possible tune up for Richmond who were on the emotionally uplift of 'OMG DUSSSSSTY' returning.

This is where the Eagles loss has bitten us hard as we drop off the pace a little. Simply a must win on Friday night against a depleted Doggies outfit.

GCS can't be too bad if they can beat Sydney away from the Gold Coast.

Outside of the Geelong win, Sydneys form at home has been pretty ordinary. Their current playing style suits the bigger venues. They're quite weak in contested footy right now, which hurts them a ground like the SCG.

I’d love to see Begg train as a fullback

Has the size, closing speed, plays well one on one

But I don’t think at this stage the club sees him there…
Begg gives off Tristen Walker vibes for mine

Because pressure acts are not the be-all and end-all. He simply has to offer more than that with his inability to find the footy nor hit the scoreboard
With contested game style PActs are valued and he kicked a goal last week, after also kicking a couple in the VFL the week before.

Who has shown better form in the VFL, and capable of offering the equivalent PActs and more goals?

With contested game style PActs are valued and he kicked a goal last week, after also kicking a couple in the VFL the week before.

Who has shown better form in the VFL, and capable of offering the equivalent PActs and more goals?
Oh great, he's kicked 1 goal in 5 games.

We don't need the pressure acts. What Tyler Brown provides us is not integral to our game plan. He might survive another week, but I would rather get games into Poulter, Macrae and Ruscoe (to allow Daicos more time upfield).

We don't need the pressure acts. What Tyler Brown provides us is not integral to our game plan. He might survive another week, but I would rather get games into Poulter, Macrae and Ruscoe (to allow Daicos more time upfield).

If you don’t think PActs are important then I think further discussion is pointless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please explain how TB with the 3rd highest pressures acts get dropped.

He gets a lot of pressure acts because he’s always near the ball but never wins it, so always has to harass his opponent with the actual pill… I’d rather contested possessions than corralling a bloke with the footy personally…

Friday is a must win game for us and I’m hoping we can get the job done especially with their outs and current form. Expecting a response after saturdays game. Looking forward to the team selection

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

The injury report is up, and it looks like Roughy won't be back this week. And Tom Wilson had surgery for a "disc buldge". Who writes this stuff?

These boys should be prominent in the twos. My mates who were only just senior players dominated the seconds - as the Brown boys have done.

It is actually easier getting a kick in the seniors, but you have to get a run at it first. Bludging in the seconds doesn’t earn a promotion, at best it makes you a handy reserves player.

Hopefully they will start kicking the door down, from hereon in, and start promising senior careers.

Only if they have the talent and scream out future regular best 22. In that scenario you can forgive the occasional bad game eg. Reef. Youth is not the only ingredient required in a football team.
Agree
Just hoping our first priority is to develop whole trying to win
1st and 2nd years shouldn’t be all in the team but I think they need to all receive a block of games learning from our senior players

Please explain how TB with the 3rd highest pressures acts get dropped.

He gets a lot of pressure acts because he’s always near the ball but never wins it, so always has to harass his opponent with the actual pill… I’d rather contested possessions than corralling a bloke with the footy personally…
Shades of Jarrad Blair, kappa nailed it though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back