Rounds 9 & 10 - Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 9 - Trades

Thank you for the response! Do you think job security is a problem? need him to play a few games to make money and potentially give cover.

You'd have to talk to a bigger Tiger fan about Webb's job security...really haven't watched too many Richmond games this year. I would imagine that it would be similar, if not better than Sheppard's. I would be bringing him in this week myself, if I didnt have the opportunity to get Swan or Chappy in my mids.

Which brings me to my trading dilemma....

1. Swan and Rohan (leaves me with $44,700)
or
2. Chappy and Armstrong (leaves me with $4,200)

Lol sorry forgot to post my team as well:eek:

Hodge Goddard Enright Shaw Kennelly Waters Goose (Webberly & Davis)

Ablett Barlow Cooney Judd Trengrove Martin (Ladson Howlett)

Sandi Hille (Warnock Lobbe)

Pavlich Brown ROK Pods Franklin Dangerfield Tippett (Medhurst Gumby)

13 Trades (1 this week) left and 320K in bank. Problems are in bold

I was thinking about trading Ladson to Rohan for money and MPP benefits.

Next week hopefully Medhurst will be back and that way I can move Dangerfield to the midfield and Rohan to the bench in the forward line.

My persistence with Tippett is devastating but he has lost so much value it’s worth persisting a little longer then trading him to Goodes, Watts or an underperforming gun.

If I bring Rohan in this week I can upgrade Trengrove and Tippett next week or should I make a big upgrade this week - if so who?
:confused:

You'd have to talk to a bigger Tiger fan about Webb's job security...really haven't watched too many Richmond games this year. I would imagine that it would be similar, if not better than Sheppard's. I would be bringing him in this week myself, if I didnt have the opportunity to get Swan or Chappy in my mids.

or

Armstrong is not playing....

Dane Swan vs Nick Dal Santo + $50k ??

Swan is undoubtedly a Supercoach gun and while I can afford him, there's a lingering voice in my head telling me to take Dal Santo and put the money towards a forward upgrade in the coming weeks.

Is Swan really a 'must have' at this price, or would Dal do the job?

or

Option 1 looks far superior to me considering durability/MPP benefits, and the fact that Swan is at his cheapest and Chappy is probably as expensive as he will be this year.

Swan is undoubtedly a Supercoach gun and while I can afford him, there's a lingering voice in my head telling me to take Dal Santo and put the money towards a forward upgrade in the coming weeks.

Thinking the exact same thing. I dont no if I should upgrade to NDS/Swan or downgrade.

I have never picked Swan before but had NDS a few years back.

Not sure which one to go with:eek:

Lol sorry forgot to post my team as well:eek:

Hodge Goddard Enright Shaw Kennelly Waters Goose (Webberly & Davis)

Ablett Barlow Cooney Judd Trengrove Martin (Ladson Howlett)

Sandi Hille (Warnock Lobbe)

Pavlich Brown ROK Pods Franklin Dangerfield Tippett (Medhurst Gumby)

13 Trades (1 this week) left and 320K in bank. Problems are in bold

I was thinking about trading Ladson to Rohan for money and MPP benefits.

Next week hopefully Medhurst will be back and that way I can move Dangerfield to the midfield and Rohan to the bench in the forward line.

My persistence with Tippett is devastating but he has lost so much value it’s worth persisting a little longer then trading him to Goodes, Watts or an underperforming gun.

If I bring Rohan in this week I can upgrade Trengrove and Tippett next week or should I make a big upgrade this week - if so who?
:confused:

Ladson to Rohan definitely is a great trade for your team imho.
Next week Montagna should be ripe and Trengrove has peaked so that sounds like a great plan, should leave you with enough cash for another peaking medium to premium trade. (Waters looks to be the likely one and Gilbee/Duffield are both likely to drop considerably and be at the right price)

If you still have Tippett trading him now would be a disaster, he is scoring reasonably, there seems to be better improvement options in your team, and his price is not likely to dip much more so the option will be there in the future. Goodes is still dropping so if you were going to do that trade there is no rush.

Just my 2 cents.

Thinking the exact same thing. I dont no if I should upgrade to NDS/Swan or downgrade.

I have never picked Swan before but had NDS a few years back.

Not sure which one to go with:eek:

Going for league or overall?

NDS as we all know can go missing with a tag and come finals you want your premiums scoring big obviously. If you are going for overall 50K would go a long way in your forward line compared to the overall points difference between the 2 over the next 14 weeks.

Buying the best at their cheapest can never be wrong, that is why it would be Swan for me.

Armstrong is not playing....

Yeah I realise that, but I'm the way I've burned my trades so far, this rookie mid trade would have to be for long term (i.e. the best mid back-up). Stevenson is my other bench mid, so the main reason I'd grab Armstrong would be for superior bench over, compared to Rohan.

Swan. Has a very achieveable BE this week, and won't be this cheap for the rest of the season.

Option 1 looks far superior to me considering durability/MPP benefits, and the fact that Swan is at his cheapest and Chappy is probably as expensive as he will be this year.

Cheers mate, I'm heading toward option one. Just looking at Chapman's average for games played per year, and I its reaffirming my doubts...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers mate, I'm heading toward option one. Just looking at Chapman's average for games played per year, and I its reaffirming my doubts...

Any forward upgrades still required? Chapman will almost certainly drop some price in the future and will still be available later if you start planning the cash for him now?

I only have one trade left this week.

So if I bring Swan in for Ladson I miss out on the Rohan trade and the MPP with Danger, Pav and ROK.

I will have 61k in the bank and could change my team next week by downgrading a forward to Watts and Trengrove/Martin/Dangerfield/Tippett or Medhurst to Goodes depending on teams and form.

I could potentially bring Goodes in the midfield and still have the MPP option.

Ladson > Swan looks good for my midfield

...........or should I downgrade him:eek:

Any forward upgrades still required? Chapman will almost certainly drop some price in the future and will still be available later if you start planning the cash for him now?

Yeah mate, one to go.

I think Chappy will get injured before he drops under 600k though. lol.

Fyfe is my last playing forward, with Gumby and Rocky on the bench.

Hoping to use the money from Schmidt to upgrade that final forward spot, but this won't happen til later in the year.

Got your team handy? Hard to give advice without more info....

B: Hodge, Malceski, H. Shaw, Waters, Maguire, Drummond, Gram, Hooker, Nason
C: Ablett, Barlow, Kornes, Cooney, Higgins, Howlett
R: Sandilands, Kreuzer, Warnock, Stanley
F: Brown, O'Keefe, Grundy, Gray, Pods, Dangerfield, Fyfe, Gumbleton, Rockliff

Any suggestions on who I should trade Gumby to?

He's my only maxed out cash cow currently and I need to trade him in order to bring in Swan this week. Might be forced to take a risk on O'Keefe from North.

I only have one trade left this week.

So if I bring Swan in for Ladson I miss out on the Rohan trade and the MPP with Danger, Pav and ROK.

I will have 61k in the bank and could change my team next week by downgrading a forward to Watts and Trengrove/Martin/Dangerfield/Tippett or Medhurst to Goodes depending on teams and form.

I could potentially bring Goodes in the midfield and still have the MPP option.

Ladson > Swan looks good for my midfield

...........or should I downgrade him:eek:

Time to gamble and go with your gut!

Swan in the midfield would be great of course but if that means you plan to bring in Goodes as a mid I personally think he will not average high enough to justify that position although it is one way to get MPP benefits. (does your team really need MPP?)

Missing Rohan could cost you but only really in regard to MPP and his JS is questionable for the time being.

Have you considered Harvey as a mid for MPP benefits if that is something you really want?

I recently chose to not utilise MPP and go for glory so if it were my team I would be getting Swan this week and Montagna next week (one downgrade/ Trengrove or Martin upgrade) to complete the guts of my team but it's a personal choice.

You would hate to miss Swan for the MPP benefits of Rohan only to see him dropped.....

Yeah mate, one to go.

I think Chappy will get injured before he drops under 600k though. lol.

Fyfe is my last playing forward, with Gumby and Rocky on the bench.

Hoping to use the money from Schmidt to upgrade that final forward spot, but this won't happen til later in the year.

My last planned upgrade is Gumbleton/Rocklif to Chappy (well except Pods to St Nick but that is a bonus maybe) as it gives me more time to assess his durability, and to assess my cover/trades remaining later in the year if he does go down but I know points are going to waste in the meantime - it is a tough call.

I would be getting Swan this week and Montagna next week (one downgrade/ Trengrove or Martin upgrade) to complete the guts of my team but it's a personal choice.

You would hate to miss Swan for the MPP benefits of Rohan only to see him dropped.....

Thank you! I will trade Ladson to Swan and sort the rest out later:thumbsu:

Lol so indecisive about trading lately now my only choice is who to play out of martin (v ess) or Trengrove (v port).

Tempted to go,

Clark >>> Cox

My rucks are the weakest link with Natinui and Clark. Don't want to pay top dollar for Sandi at the moment. Can use the money I save on Sandi to upgrade martin in the midfield to hopefully Montagna next week. Was almost hoping Clark would not get selected this week and make the decision an easy one. Cox seems to be turning things around after a slow start. Do you guys see this as a decent use of a trade? or back Clark in to turn it around???

My last planned upgrade is Gumbleton/Rocklif to Chappy (well except Pods to St Nick but that is a bonus maybe) as it gives me more time to assess his durability, and to assess my cover/trades remaining later in the year if he does go down but I know points are going to waste in the meantime - it is a tough call.

Well I've now got 7 trades left, maybe looking to grab Goodes of Higgins in the next 5 weeks to complete my side.

Timing is everything in this game! :):thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back